INOVA T3 TACTICAL FLASLIGHT RED LED

dcbeane

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone have an opion on the Inova T3 with a RED LED?
I'm not finding much info on it. What would you pay for it?
How bright is is compared to a Surefire L1 or other RED LED lights thanks.

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was not aware that Inova had red LED T3's, when exactly did they make these? I had been a fan of Inova's for years, but this is the first I've ever heard of these.

My .02 FWIW YMMV

dcbeane

Newly Enlightened
I'm really not sure when they were made? I remember one on the sales forum a couple years ago....maybe more. The button is red for the red light...green for the green one... blue for the blue one.... royal blue for the royal blue one.:D
I have a green one on the way and will report on it when I get it.

Battery Juncation had red ones.
http://www.batteryjunction.com/inova-color-t3-red.html

GREEN ones too:
http://www.batteryjunction.com/inova-color-t3-green.html

Blue
http://www.batteryjunction.com/inova-color-t3-blue.html

Last edited:

SaturnNyne

Enlightened
I saw one of these a few years ago. When it came up on the marketplace (likely the same one you saw), I'd never even heard of their existence before, and until this thread I'd seen no evidence of them since. I convinced a friend of mine to buy it, so I got to see it briefly before he eventually sold it off. As I recall, it was a little bit brighter than a red SF L1, making it the brightest red light I've seen in my limited experience. Had the usual focused T3 beam with good throw, but it had less of the outer "Saturn rings" effect, as I recall. I think the purchase price was somewhere around $40; sold for maybe a little less. As you mentioned, it had a red button to designate the led color, which I thought was a great idea, and it also just looked really nice. Didn't realize there were other colors too.

Good luck finding more info on it, I don't think I ever did.

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the info. dcbeane & SaturnNyne, learned something new here. Wish I had known about them, I would have bought 1 or 2 for sure.

My .02 FWIW YMMV

radu1976

Enlightened
I was the one who sold an older red INOVA T3 TIROS - first generation with optics - The price was indeed around 40$ . Then , I noticed that the buyer resold the light to another CPFer .
I wasn't very impressed with its brightness although I do like INOVA TIROS lights .
But I kept my blue L.E.D. TIROS T3 which is like a blue lightsabre , no overreaction :) They said that the blue light is brighter than the white one .
I have seen a couple of them on ebay - blue, royal blue, green and red - recently but they were 2-nd generation with reflector , probably using K2 emitters .
I wouldn't be impressed with those , I passed them .
I did experienced a few ULTRAFIREs with blue and green K2s from DX some years ago, they were cheap , about 10-15$/piece shipped. Just plaied a bit , then sold them .

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Searching for info on this light, I also had a red TIROS version about ten years ago, they did exist. It was a factory light, not modified. I sold it not realizing how uncommon they are. Wish I had that one back.

I found an old picture of it from 2008. It was black finish and the tail cap button was red with the silver bezel. I think the main reason I sold it was because the red led was not deep enough red for my taste.

161xkqb.jpg