Interest Thread: HDS Stainless Steel CLICKY

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since Hogo stated this here:

The numbers just don't support much with the Clicky. The Clicky now has more of a cult following. When our stock of the parts for them are gone, they will most likely be discontinued.
If someone else wants to start an interest thread for a stainless clicky, go for it, but I honestly don't think you will get the numbers required for a run. The smaller the number, the more expensive it gets as well.

after I posted this:

The idea is cool but I think there is top lese demand for it. I habe in mind if 10 HDS Lights are sold only one or two are clickies.

But if HDS is doing the tailcap why not a stainless Steel clicky body? The price is not that high like BeCu or Titanium. Therefore maybe more interest?

Therefore I created this thread. :) It is worth a try... and would be a cool Tibute to the Clicky that only has a Ti Special Metal Run.

This is an interest thread for a HDS Stainless Steel Clicky, not a Clicky made of Wood or a air or even an invisible Clicky ... just a HDS Stainless Steel Clicky! Even a Stainles Steel Rotary does not count!

Therefore please post if you would have interest getting a Stainless Steel Clicky!

Last edited:

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool idea I would take two Stainless Steel Clickies even if I still would have more SS rotaries: ;)

AMRaider

Enlightened
I have perhaps an even number of Clickies vs Rotaries, none of which are made of anything exotic.

I would be interested in 3 Titanium or 3 Stainless steel clickies.

Kalsu

Enlightened
I would be down for a stainless steel clicky. The clicky hold a special place in my ❤️. It was the first real high quality light I bought. Pretty much opened my eyes to the world of high end flashlights and how good they can be.

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think I'd buy a full ss clicky, but I would buy a couple ss tailcaps if they were available individually.

JohnSmith

Enlightened
I don't think I'd buy a full ss clicky, but I would buy a couple ss tailcaps if they were available individually.
Me too. I think this fandango may have got started with my request for stainless caps in the main thread.

I'm 18650-only now, and I'm pretty sure this run will be CR123 like all the other special metal runs. But I like the extra heft the stainless cap brings to my 18650 rotary so I'd buy 3-4 stainless (black) caps for my clickies.

If sapphire lenses are just for "bragging rights", surely there's a place in our world for stainless Clicky caps 😎

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
This is an interest thread for a HDS Stainless Steel Clicky
You got plenty of interest and in a week seemed to have an order of 9 at least, but then dropped the ball and never came back to your own thread. Looks like with so much immediate interest that you'd easily have more if you posted here rather just dropping it.

DRW

Enlightened
9 might sound like a lot to a hobbyist. As a manufacturer (not light related), it's nowhere near enough. These aren't even orders, no one but the manufacturer would have skin in the game.

Can't drop a ball that wasn't passed.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
As a manufacturer (not light related), it's nowhere near enough.
Not at all, nine sounds like the start of a conversation opened by a long time member here who clearly remembers how long it took to get serious consideration for a titanium Rotary, which then expanded to include a run of brass, and then also bronze to be made.

I actually remember that entire conversation reasonably well, as I met with Henry a couple of years in a row and spoke with him both times at length in an attempt to convince him that the numbers of prospective buyers would not only grow if the lights were to be offered, but would also include some from the ranks of those who'd sworn they never buy one.

At any rate, the conversation is never over until there is no one left to participate.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
You got plenty of interest and in a week seemed to have an order of 9 at least, but then dropped the ball and never came back to your own thread. Looks like with so much immediate interest that you'd easily have more if you posted here rather just dropping it.
For me the interest was far below that I was expecting. For such special metal a run 40+ lights are needed or even better more.

I guess at the moment, means year 2023 and I also guess it is the same for 2024, the interest is too less. My guessed price wozld be near the 4 digit values in USD.
The SS Rotary was "affordable" due to the fact the light was done some time ago and there were 50 lights that were sold extreme fast.

Last edited:

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
The SS Rotary was "affordable" due to the fact the light was done some time ago and there were 50 lights that were sold extreme fast.
Remember though that the stated numbers of people interested were very slow, and only grew gradually as it started seeming like it might actually happen. There were actually only 21 or 22 of the bronze lights made and your stainless Clicky might gain more interest if you're able to keep this thread active. It took a couple of years of Henry saying the titanium Rotary would never happen and that less than 10 people seemed to even want them, only to see interest go through the roof when the titanium, brass and bronze were eventually offered.

If you've got a dream wish, keep after it till the end!

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remember though that the stated numbers of people interested were very slow, and only grew gradually as it started seeming like it might actually happen. There were actually only 21 or 22 of the bronze lights made and your stainless Clicky might gain more interest if you're able to keep this thread active. It took a couple of years of Henry saying the titanium Rotary would never happen and that less than 10 people seemed to even want them, only to see interest go through the roof when the titanium, brass and bronze were eventually offered.

If you've got a dream wish, keep after it till the end!

I'm a fan, but the market has changed so much in the past few years. Now folks dropping that much cash want exotic metals, uniquely shaped lights with more output than 180 lumens, and pocket clips with skulls. I'd be curious to see how many sign up.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
I'm a fan, but the market has changed so much in the past few years. Now folks dropping that much cash want exotic metals, uniquely shaped lights with more output than 180 lumens, and pocket clips with skulls. I'd be curious to see how many sign up.
I'm curious too and have a strongly 'nothing ventured, nothing gained' view of things in general.

Remember the Tri-V was going to be a one off run and has now become a recurring light that is now fairly well established among those who can afford them.

HDS lights have been offered up to 325 lumens and it's likely that anyone interested in a stainless Clicky is going to be fine with whatever emitter Henry puts in them.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
In most points I agree.

But from my understanding the Bronze run was a "one of a kind" run with this low number of produced pieces. This was only possible (that is what I remember - maybe I am wrong?) due to the fact the Bronze was ordered together with Brass and Titanium. Even the price for Bras and Bronze was 'low' (something in the $580-640 (??) during pre sale).

My guess would be that a Stainless Steel Clicky would be in the range of $800-900 today. That is something that at the moment people do not want to invest, and I can understand this.

I would like to have a Stainless Steel Clicky since this would be the 1000% indestructible HDS light ever.
When I was this year in Africa I took one of my Stainless Steel rotaries with me to lighten up the darkness that was surrounding me.

I would be still in with two Stainless Steel clickies. But I am quite sure that the number of lets say 25 pieces will not really be reached...

The overall interest for the Rotary Special Metal Lights was higher. Therefore I was not pushing this thread again and again due to the lack of interest!
I do not want to push a topic again and again if ther is no interest, since at some point it is annoying...

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am not the one making prices, the SS Rotary pre sale was mid 2020. At this time the Rotary tailcap was SS. For the presale price I must check out my files, guess it was something in the $600 range.

If someone is interested in a SS Clicky, just post it here, but my guess is the demand is not that high...

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
I would like to have a Stainless Steel Clicky...I would be still in with two Stainless Steel clickies.
This is the only thing you should focus on...

...I am quite sure that the number of lets say 25 pieces will not really be reached...
...I was not pushing this thread again and again due to the lack of interest!
I do not want to push a topic again and again if there is no interest...
This side thought process of self-defeat becomes very easily attained, but since reality brings enough difficulties with it, you don't need to focus any energy at all to the negatives. You had a total of 9 lights spoken for initially; just keep going.

It seemed much more difficult when I first broached the subject with Henry, but a year later I brought it up again. The threads showed very minor interest in paying up for the titanium Rotary, but once it started looking like a reality and a few key players got Hogo on board with it, it just picked up steam on its own after that and went all out of control (in a good way), and even my impossible wish of a bronze light became reality.

So, don't give up.