• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Introducing: Groovy! CNC-123, the prototype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr_Joe

Enlightened
Elegant, understated, and yet with a distinctively serious demeanor. If "Bond" needed a flashlight to EDC in his tux, this might be it. (COUNT ME IN!) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goodjob.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Hallis said:
the first thing that comes to mind is fingerprint magnet

[/ QUOTE ]

Shane, not sure about the plated version (bottom), but the bare AL version (top) will not get visible finger print marks. I have four complete bare AL CNC-123's and none of them have a fingerprint issue. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Fred, the CNC-123 Groovy is a very nice looking light!
I like the nickel plated and the HAIII-natural but I think a blue or bordeaux coloured would be very nice too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
PhotonFanatic said:
Icarus,

I'll send along a very nice Sharpie with your light then. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/awman.gif Can't wait to hold it in my hands! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

cgpeanut

Enlightened
PhotonFanatic,

Very nice! I like the chrome finish something different. Might there be a chance you would sell them without the BB500? I would like to put my own circuit in it specifically the POP-LS.

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, it is growing in me, i like the knurled tailswitch assembly, Cant afford one just yet though. have 3 lights to pay for this week. And one of them is a CNC-123 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif With the Hex-Body

Shane

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
cgpeanut,

Yes, body will be available separately, or without just the sandwich. Whatever configuration you might need in terms of optic, lens, sandwich, we should be able to assemble for you.

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh Also Fred, can i get a closeup shot of that knurled tailswitch? OR is that just the standard origonal CNC-123 as the grooved one was the only one mentioned as different in the initial post.

Shane

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shane,

That knurled body was just a prototype--it will not be made.

The Groovy! does not have knurling, it has the grooves.

If you like that knurling, that is exactly what you get on the current CNC-123 Octagon styles that are still available. (Shameless plug!) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hahaha, Well i'll be getting one either way. What sammies are going to be available in the TK? Pretty much anything the Shoppe offers? Ive been on this whole Li-ion NG750-1000 thing lately.

Shane

cgpeanut

Enlightened
Awesome! PhotonFanatic, I will need the hardware that sets the circuit board in place and maybe the lens & IMS reflector have you spec the lens on this? UCL or Mineral? 19.8 maybe? PM me when ready or post here.

Thanks

leadfoot

Newly Enlightened
Will the parts of the original CNC123 interchange with this series. I too would like to know if bodies only will be offered.

Leadfoot

skr

Newly Enlightened
Very nice... I might be interested in one of the bodies to replace a 2AA MiniMag that's currently hosting an NG500 sandwich and 17mm reflector.

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
leadfoot,

Some of the original parts will work, the exception being the bezel, which is now a longer length, although it has the same threading.

See post #1 re the body being available separately--the answer is yes.

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ahh good good, If you arent expecting production for at least another 2 weeks then go ahead and add me to the list for a setup minus sammie. body, fraen LP, o-rings, lense, tailswitch and retention ring for sammie.

Edit: Bare Aluminum please

Shane

leadfoot

Newly Enlightened
PF

I'm in!

I think the original CNC123 is the best looking light made, period. Couple that with the interchangeability of the sandwiches makes a refined and butifuly functional light.

I also prefer the original bare aluminum lights.

Having said that how about a CNC123 with a larger head using the McR27mm reflector, 2x123, DB917 in HAIII natural for those times when your feeling "Tactical"?

Leadfoot

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
CNC-123-Nickel-AL2.jpg

Dan did an awesome job running with the initial suggestion i had for eliminating the bezel groove. I had suggested a solution that would have had to be re-designed, but he knew what i meant and solved it in an extremely elegant way w/o having to start from scratch. Look at the 'before' bezel on the bottom light vs the 'after' bezel on the top light.. invisible seam, i love it... 'how the heck did he do that'.. when you get yours you'll be like 'duh'.. why didn't anybody do that before?

I have a design to hide the body seam as well, but it introduces manufacturing hiccups, so i guess we get one seam.. always something to look forward to in the next generation. I really love the way this light is coming out.. the tail cap is now a perfect match to the head, yet since the head is wider, you can't mix it up in your pocket. Brilliant design guys.

I saw that somebody mentioned solving the lanyard hole in a method other than tying a knot in the lanyard so it won't pull through the hole.. I think it's being seriously looked into... I had a suggestion of putting two holes 'toed in' to each other so that either a cord or even a split-ring could be fished through.

ps,. how'd you put grooves in at the tail? doesn't look like there is enough 'meat' in the metal.. or is that past the battery and just where the threads for the kroll are? genius i love it.

-awr

Status
Not open for further replies.