Introducing the SPY 007 XM-L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
No beam shots but holy crap it is awesome. Hard to compare throw as it is so bright everything in front of my target was lit up too.
I love this light

easilyled

Flashaholic
Hard to compare throw as it is so bright everything in front of my target was lit up too.
I love this light

I compared throw between the XPG version and the XM-L when both were at 1000ma and the hotspot on the XPG was much brighter.

With the XM-L version raised to 3000ma, its putting out so much light that even in the centre of the beam, it looks similar in brightness to the hotspot of the XPG beam.

jnug

Newly Enlightened
I think this must be the correct thread to post to be notified when XM-L Spy007's are available again. If I am wrong please feel free to let me know.

blackfly

Enlightened
Got my neutral SW GG XM-L today! It was real hard deciding if I wanted the neutral or cool. But I really like the beam color now that I have it in my hands. The SW GG finish is nice too. Thanks Dave!

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
There will be more of these coming. I am centered on the Tri-V2 lights first. Then I will start up another batch of these.

Cheers
Dave

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dave is the mark IV just more efficient or does it have new functionality?

The STFu Mark IV was first deployed in the Tri-V2. The upcoming 007 XM-L2 will use it as well.

It is more stable than the MK3 at the bottom end, more efficient and more powerful too. Programming features from the Tri-V2 will be carried over with this new converter board as well. That includes the extended range battery meter that now reports voltages up to ~5V per cell and the new lock feature where you roll the knob full on and full off to enter the lock.

Cheers
Dave

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't wait, the new lock feature and being able to check voltages for rechargeable batteries turn the Spy into perfection

starlight1

Newly Enlightened
Where and when will these 007 XM-L2 be available? Thanks, Pete
The STFu Mark IV was first deployed in the Tri-V2. The upcoming 007 XM-L2 will use it as well.

It is more stable than the MK3 at the bottom end, more efficient and more powerful too. Programming features from the Tri-V2 will be carried over with this new converter board as well. That includes the extended range battery meter that now reports voltages up to ~5V per cell and the new lock feature where you roll the knob full on and full off to enter the lock.

Cheers
Dave

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Dave,

Do you have any updates on the XM-L2 007's progress?

Just got back from a weeklong vacation, sorry for the delayed response here.

As you may know two of my friends are testing the 007 XM-L2. They picked them up from me at the PF20 event and so have had them for a week now. I do a lot of testing and am cautious about new light electronics. The STFu MK4 was first deployed in the Tri-V2 so I do have a lot of confidence in it. The reports back are 100% and I am ready to roll this new light out.

Please look for a new thread on the XM-L2 very soon.

Cheers
Dave

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good to hear from you, Dave! Hope you had a good trip.

Will neutral 5000k be an option in this upcoming run?

Status
Not open for further replies.