Is there a 'best' place to buy Surefire online?

retroconcrete

Newly Enlightened
Is there a \'best\' place to buy Surefire online?

I'm torn between buying either the L1, L4, or U2, but I'm even just as unsure about where to buy them online. I've heard that ordering directly from Surefire's website can sometimes lead to delays, but I really have no idea. I'm also considering LAPoliceGear, Tactical Warehouse, and Brightguy; in your experience, which online seller is better and has those three flashlights in stock?

Also, all four websites don't seem to be selling the newest-generation L1 (their product pictures are still of the old-style L1 with the perfectly round/circular bezel). Which generation are they actually selling?

Edit: One last thing - I might also be one of these lights as a gift to my dad and hope to keep it a secret as to what it is until he opens the box; do all of these retailers ship their lights in nondescript boxes or are they plastered with their logos and such?

Thanks for the help!

LowWorm

Enlightened
Re: Is there a \'best\' place to buy Surefire online

I'd second checking out oldgrandpajack, even though (insert caveat here) I never bought anything from him....HOWEVER, when I was seriously considering an L1, I had decided after some research that if I was going to get an L1, I would get it from him.

I'll third oldgrandpajack. I've bought probably $1,000 worth of lights from him over the past few years and never once has Gramps let me down. Another excellent choice is jcciv. He's equally dependable, fast, efficient, and great to work with.

Corallis

Newly Enlightened

I'll have to cast my vote for http://www.newgraham.com/

New Graham Knives, or NGK, is an excellent store. While I have never ordered a flashlight from them, I have ordered several knives, sharpeners, and multitools. They have great customer service, ship very fast, and they are very honest. I just recently received an order from them, and it even came a couple days earlier than expected.

If you're looking for a site to order anything from, I can guarantee you 100% that NGK will impress you and have you ordering from them again.

Lumen

Newly Enlightened

I've bought a few knives and a few lights from New Graham myself. Mary Beth and Mike are really nice and great to work with! I've been doing some reading on this forum here lately and looks like oldgrandpajack is now on my list for possible candidates to buy a flashlight from. Fantastic prices!

jmy808

Newly Enlightened
Re: Is there a \'best\' place to buy Surefire online?

also- our "Marty Weiner" is a good bet. I bought my FIRST light on CPF off of him.
Regards,
Jay

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

The best part about oldgrandpajack, Marty and lighthound is that they offer personalized service and I'm sure they would be willing to box it up for you in a plain box so as not to give away the surprise. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I have bought from all 3 at one time or another and they are definitely on my recommended list.

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast

If you do go with a retailer make sure to call, many knock off a few$$ on what they have in stock. same goes for local LEO outtfitter's and gun shop's, may not be a big price cut but any on a SF is good. VDG

HEK_Hamburg

Newly Enlightened

Im a fan of jcciv /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif .
You can find his shop here: http://stores.ebay.com/surefireparts

I bought lights for almost 2500 Dollars from him.
Now a lot of shooting instructors and operators of Hamburgs commando unit use his stuff now.

He has great service and blitz shipping! Less than one week to Germany *g* ... Its always like x-mas when his packages arrives /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/santa.gif ...

Greetings, Metin

turbodog

Flashaholic

ultimatepassage.com has gotten good reviews and is cheap(er) than most.

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast

Oldgrandpajack gets my vote too.. All of my surefires have come from him.
A good place to research your list of possible vendors is here on the "cheers and jeers" section, that way you can hear straight from the members how their service was rated. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Good luck in your decision!

Luxman

Enlightened

LPS Tactical is also Excellent.
Wayne knows the product line very well, gives good advice and believes customer satisfaction is the most important aspect of his business.
He has taken care of issues for me "above and beyond" what I could ask for!
Check with him on what version of a light you want and if he doesn't have it he can get it fast...
Shipping is fast and I would think he will ship in nondescript boxes if you desire.

procure

Newly Enlightened

clays

Newly Enlightened

I've always had excellent experiences purchasing from New Graham Knives, for both knives and Surefires, among other items. I also used BrightGuy recently for a Surefire and that went well.

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast

I would support a dealer who supports CPF, but if you want rock bottom prices, try CPF member brightflashlites ([email protected]). He's a SF dealer in Florida that gives great discounts to CPFers and cheap shipping. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Outrider

Newly Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Corallis said:
I'll have to cast my vote for http://www.newgraham.com/
New Graham Knives, or NGK, is an excellent store. While I have never ordered a flashlight from them, I have ordered several knives, sharpeners, and multitools. They have great customer service, ship very fast, and they are very honest. I just recently received an order from them, and it even came a couple days earlier than expected.

If you're looking for a site to order anything from, I can guarantee you 100% that NGK will impress you and have you ordering from them again.

[/ QUOTE ]

HWilliam

Newly Enlightened

BrightGuy is in fact selling the latest L1. I know this because they told me they were and because a few days later I got two of the new models in the boxes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

They don't list the U2 and their boxes are labeled. Their service was excellent for the three shipments of the assortment of stuff I ordered.

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast

www.productwizard.com gets my vote, I actually went down to their store front last Monday, saw quite a few Surefire's. U2's, L4's, and I think he has a few L1's.