Is There A Better Two Light Combo?

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 for rotary and AAA clicky.
fCLKSoIl.jpg

Vemice, how do you like the RRT01? I have never owned a Jetbeam but this one makes me think I want to? Have you every had any trouble with them from a reliability standpoint?

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast

bykfixer

Flashaholic
My dynamic duo since summer of 016.

3202-D05-B-90-BA-4-A81-A705-F5-ECCF9-CE9-EE.jpg

The PL-2 and PR-1
Fed by eneloop pro and Elzetta RCR. Clip is 1 of 9 made.

2-B67-D3-D3-80-D0-44-DD-9-ADB-CAE93-B642-AB9.jpg

When I need a 1, 2, 3 knock out add the FL2 from 014
FL2 is #289 of 1000 and is one of two copper colored versions. Fed by SureFire 123's. Clip is 1 of 3 made modified PR-1 clip.

Last edited:

akula88

Enlightened
Not on my Go-bag, but more on my urban EDC sling bag since mid-last year (2019) :

y1MYBqz.jpg

1. Jetbeam Jet-u AAA as keychain light on my car/room keys.
2. Lego-ed Surefire E2T head on an E1B-clicky body (wide/flood beam) - simple head-rotation by thumb and index finger to switch from Low-low to high mode.

Lego-ed Surefire EDCL-2T head on the E2T body (longer reach throw) <- is loaded from my bag from time-to-time (if necessary, to manage the bag's weight and stress on my shoulder :D ).

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
- If I could only have 1 light, it'd be the Zebralight SC64w HI.
- My favorite two light combo would be a floody headlight - Zebralight H600Fw and my mediumish throwy light above - the SC64w HI.
- If I could have 3 lights, I'd add the Zebra SC600w HI for even better throw in a tiny package. All 3 lights are 18650 lights, and I have several small and large solar panels to keep em lit even when the power is out.

Last edited:

Kestrel

Flashaholic
BOSS-70 (1x18650) and my usual 2xAAA penlight.

In spite of the advantages, I have never been able to justify carrying two lights that use the same cell(s); instead I like having a secondary/backup light that is considerably smaller.

After really falling for backup penlights about 12 years ago, I am currently on my fifth (Pelican 1975) - updated emitter tech and/or losing/gifting prior one(s).

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not on my Go-bag, but more on my urban EDC sling bag since mid-last year (2019) :

y1MYBqz.jpg

1. Jetbeam Jet-u AAA as keychain light on my car/room keys.
2. Lego-ed Surefire E2T head on an E1B-clicky body (wide/flood beam) - simple head-rotation by thumb and index finger to switch from Low-low to high mode.

Lego-ed Surefire EDCL-2T head on the E2T body (longer reach throw) <- is loaded from my bag from time-to-time (if necessary, to manage the bag's weight and stress on my shoulder :D ).

This would do the trick! The EDCL-2T packs a punch... I would miss the intermediate levels to help stretch my battery life a bit👊

Flashlight Enthusiast
- If I could only have 1 light, it'd be the Zebralight SC64w HI.
- My favorite two light combo would be a floody headlight - Zebralight H600Fw and my mediumish throwy light above - the SC64w HI.
- If I could have 3 lights, I'd add the Zebra SC600w HI for even better throw in a tiny package. All 3 lights are 18650 lights, and I have several small and large solar panels to keep em lit even when the power is out.

I don't have any zebra lights currently but remember being totally impressed with the user interface. I cannot remember exactly how it worked, but I remember thinking it was brilliant! I'm a big HDS fan but, if I recall correctly, the zebra lights UI made me a believer.

Flashlight Enthusiast
BOSS-70 (1x18650) and my usual 2xAAA penlight.

In spite of the advantages, I have never been able to justify carrying two lights that use the same cell(s); instead I like having a secondary/backup light that is considerably smaller.

After really falling for backup penlights about 12 years ago, I am currently on my fifth (Pelican 1975) - updated emitter tech and/or losing/gifting prior one(s).

is BOSS an Overready offering? They came about past my time and just this morning I looked into them. Wicked looking lights!

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
is BOSS an Overready offering?

yes,
similar to the basic 4 mode (programmable) HDS clicky,

except to program a Boss, requires using a computer, or smartphone...
to access the programming link by internet, for the Russian (Lux-RC.com) driver.

I prefer the HDS UI. Especially the Rotary version.
otoh
The Boss can reach higher brightness levels than the HDS

disclaimer
I dont own a Boss, I believe my post is accurate, but I recommend you seek verification. I did handle a Boss briefly.. I bricked it trying to program it, using my iPhone.. the warranty service, in USA, was prompt and courteous.

And I dont own an HDS, though I did at one time. I sold it when I discovered the RRT-01, that I find more within my price comfort zone. I also prefer the stepless ramping UI of the RRT-01 to the 24 step HDS ramp.

Last edited:

Flashlight Enthusiast
yes,
similar to the basic 4 mode (programmable) HDS clicky,

except to program a Boss, requires using a computer, or smartphone...
to access the programming link by internet, for the Russian (Lux-RC.com) driver.

I prefer the HDS UI. Especially the Rotary version.
otoh
The Boss can reach higher brightness levels than the HDS

disclaimer
I dont own a Boss, I believe my post is accurate, but I recommend you seek verification. I did handle a Boss briefly.. I bricked it trying to program it, using my iPhone.. the warranty service, in USA, was prompt and courteous.

And I dont own an HDS, though I did at one time. I sold it when I discovered the RRT-01, that I find more within my price comfort zone. I also prefer the stepless ramping UI of the RRT-01 to the 24 step HDS ramp.

i may need to grab a RRT-01🤗

akula88

Enlightened
This would do the trick! The EDCL-2T packs a punch... I would miss the intermediate levels to help stretch my battery life a bit👊

The original 2-stage E2T tailcap could come in handy (if one really needs the 'pedal' tailcap).
However, even after being introduced to the L1 way back in 2004 -- I always favor a clicky vs the 2-stage, thus the swap with a shrouded Z57. :)

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
My perfect two light combo is the Fenix HL55 and Acebeam X70.

Covers everything we encounter around the property and horses.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seedy, I'm not familiar with Acebeam. I take it that you find Acebeam to be solid👍 Overready is on my list too😅

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seedy, I'm not familiar with Acebeam. I take it that you find Acebeam to be solid👍 Overready is on my list too😅
The top tier Acebeam lights [X65 and X70] are as tough and reliable as they come.

We have multiple X70's that get used every night around the horses and property and they are GTG.

I'd go so far as to say they are as tough [and more reliable] than the two SF Beast II's we used to use around the place.

lumen aeternum

Enlightened
the 2020 version RRT-01 has a tailswitch, in addition to the Stepless Rotary Dial.
Available with battery adapters, that work with anything from AA up to 18650..

Where do you get the tube extensions, the site I went to (nealsgadgets) has the flashlight only, even though the ad copy mentions using 2 to make the 18650 fit.

I'd probably pick the Elzetta Bravo AVS and the Malkoff MDC (or rather my lego version with an MDC body and a single output HO head). If I could only have two lights those are the ones I'd take...although it would be terrible to only have two!:devil:

wjv

Enlightened
Olight - SR MINI II - If you need to light up half a football field
Olight - SR52UT - If you need to see what the guy in the other end zone is doing

Granted, neither is a "pocket" light, though neither is huge.