Is there a keychain light everyone loves?

majid

Newly Enlightened
The Nitecore TIP CRI and the Surefire Titan Plus. The Nitecore TIP2 is good, but the UI is inferior to that on the TIP.

lumen aeternum

Enlightened
None of the lights mentioned are keychain lights. A keychain light has a button battery, is flat & round-ish, with a spring loaded push switch on one side. They are light enough that it does not wear out the ignition switch on your car, while spending most of the time dangling therefrom.

The required color is a green LED; low lumens but very efficient for your eye to utilize.
Hard to find them with a green LED anymore.

Poppy

Flashaholic
Its funny how different lights come in and go out of vogue.

Years ago, I carried a streamlight nano. They were all the rage! I wouldn't recommend it on a bet.
As the paint wore off, I went with the... it adds character mindset. Within a year... it had LOTS of character :rolleyes:

I then went with a Thrunite Ti a AAA number that is still on my son's key chain, but a little big for me.

I like small. One key will open any door, and dead-bolt in my house, and even a padlock so that I don't have to carry multiple keys and bulk up my pocket.
So I went with a CNQ stainless AAA light. It's a twisty it and the 4sevens Atom were the smallest AAA lights at the time, maybe still.

I was gifted a coo yoo Quantum by a friend overseas and have never looked back. I did get one of those key fob sized Manker's. Great light, and fine for the ladies who carry a handbag, but too large for key chain in the pocket carry for me.

7w-F5XXQSXtrzAh8Q-l90gn0IpSPfEAeB57exKuAXE3fHw5IpZVVvcu9Mvb0gkSVb3Yt_gQ5ugrKbe5GQKSxGXVEIlEVjhauenYdwuWbTIdy33XeWy7DTAbuIjDLQ8OhQCkrBmyqtbrAfr8zd8tesQvPRa4zXsztyzokgaTZXXQpZ1MsG9STANpEZteXfYOtlW2JC-Qpz-lubnnv1Eq6_EBsMW2ADPNnNKJf6RkwL6veUbyG_8SjZ6JZoKFOXdR7eM9-bX8eqNBbSYihDsdI7rgwbK8KGCoKmayCjVr8kfPEY5JMMJAnxsGXBNEiWcURVc3FAdcY70pA23YSlU_A0gOKg25GliWUGPGRKsRxSTE8LtBc2IpWvDmFOnwT_1ACpr3jzikt1uEDvfLyJm6FWlecDf_6BtCtrW6FVaYFQEC9ohVHLpDhkz62_UZ0ZiYF5WczA-RZZavVCM0IhD67Ylytt4CsaH82CioEb4sdpldPS-jqi7SIIGs-uF4jigVW4dmRG82dmVTEoSmER1Fr7jMEudQgSbsjUxXWNcdhclIG-4s8AuJYtrGsq0KqD3bImn2YDJ1IwhnvxgZ6b6kI9aEHAD4NgKHeVa9vhxIHS5FY7bgor7Oo6pJV-lpJZlHF5cpvKWBQOsVOCB6SVuEVHAKxRDSCzLPk8sTmok5FUOoGJziDk8Ph1cIU1qMaaDF2rUYPPNi3MF3ERAn6lwpvOSKuE4TbkiWDYPYOPq-S8vIpFOA=w835-h599-no

Groundhog

Newly Enlightened
Olight i3E. Its a very small ( AAA) dedicated key chain light, $9, great quality & construction, single mode, very good reviews.

I have gifted the Olight i3E to a couple of people and they love them.

Now free if you pay $5 s/h.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://www.olightstore.com/i3e-gift.html[/FONT]

Neilrazer

Newly Enlightened
The Nitecore TIP CRI and the Surefire Titan Plus. The Nitecore TIP2 is good, but the UI is inferior to that on the TIP.
How is the UI better on the TIP than the TIP2? The main difference that I noticed is the lack of lockout on the TIP2, but I could just leave it in demo mode to shut off after 30 seconds if it became an issue. ( I just ordered a TIP2)

troutpool

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have tried several newer options, but I keep coming back to the old Quark Mini CR2. They are not made anymore, but it shouldn't be too hard to find one with a WTB.

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was not an Olight fan, but their lights are getting better.
I really like the Olight I1R2 EOS as the head does not separate from the body to charge with a mini USB.

Vemice

Enlightened
I was not an Olight fan, but their lights are getting better.
I really like the Olight I1R2 EOS as the head does not separate from the body to charge with a mini USB.

Gotta agree. Just got a couple and very impressed.

skid00skid00

Newly Enlightened
I need to add to this thread, having just got 3 new lights. The one that *doesn't* fit is an 18650 Zebralight H604d.

Two that I think should be included are the micro-sized Olight i1R 2 EOS, and the Olight S1 Mini Baton HCRI.

The i1R uses a non-removable, ***non-protected*** 10180. Yeah, I know, CPF don't like this application. But for informed users, it's very capable, with 5 lumens / 7 hours, and 130 lumens for ~15 minutes (safely). It's the size of your two pinky-finger joints, and has a nice beam color and spread. It's definitely small enough for genuine key ring use. While I will always love my ZL SC52, I'm keeping the i1R in my pocket, a first for me. The new design uses a captured rear cap, so you can't lose it. It locks out when unscrewed, so it won't ever screw itself on in your pocket.

The larger (thumb-sized) S1 Mini has an 'ok' high-CRI LED, with a beam width useful for close-up work. Better yet, it has a good moonlight mode (0.5 lumens) and 16/64/326/684 lumen steps. 326 L for 1 hour. These steps are similar to what I programmed for my SC52. Press and hold the side mount button for ML, press and hold for the next three steps, or double-click (from off, or from on) for turbo. It retains any of the last-used middle three modes for next time use. I like this better than the ZL interface. There's a 'charge me now' LED in the side button.

Anyway, that's my contribution to offset the help and knowledge I've gotten over the last 10 years.

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a Prometheus Beta for a muggle friend, and was very impressed.
Of the three lights I've given her, this one is the winner.
P

Yep, +1 on the Beta! I've had one with my keys, ... like forever. Darn light just disappears.

Guitar Guy

Enlightened
The new Nitecore Tiki looks interesting.

That Tiki does look pretty interesting.

I recently got the Nitecore TINI in Cu, and it's pretty bright. I don't like a light actually on the keychain, but I like one hanging in the vehicle usually on the shift lever with my post office key.

I had this solid copper bracelet that I never wear, so I hooked it up to the TINI ... seems appropriate. When it's clasped, I can hang it in the vehicle, or on a pack, belt loop, etc. It's a cool light, although I'm not a fan of usb ports on lights. I question how well the little rubber plug will hold up, and how water proof it is. Time will tell.

I have the Fenix E05 on a ring hanging in the secondary vehicle. Great light too.

S7QcroU.jpg