ISO IMR18650 with tabs

VegasF6

Flashlight Enthusiast
Need to replace the cell in my single cell Ryobi screwdriver, this one or very similar.
https://www.ryobitools.com/power-tools/products/details/375

The current battery is Moli FSPE IMR-18650E
http://www.molicel.com/ca/pdf/IMR18650E.pdf

I will have to double check the factory charger, but I think it only charges at about 1C, 2C at best. And it's pretty low torque driver as well so despite the max discharge rating of 20A on this cell, I would bet I could get away with half that in a pinch.

Anyhow, please recommend a comparable or even better cell, and bonus points for including the retailer who has it.
Thanks!

VegasF6

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you. Which are you suggesting, the Sony cells? They seem best on the page, but these aren't the Konion battery correct? And they aren't a manganese cathode, just a traditional LiCo, correct?

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you. Which are you suggesting, the Sony cells? They seem best on the page, but these aren't the Konion battery correct? And they aren't a manganese cathode, just a traditional LiCo, correct?

Anything that can approach 10A continuous should be fine, as I doubt that drill draws 20A.
Li-Mn (IMR) and Li-Co (ICR) use the same charging algorithm, so that's not a problem. Both are 3.6v/3.7 (4.20v off the charger) and not 3.8v (4.35v) cells.

The only issue that I see is that they state that they don't sell single cells, so you'll have to contact them and see.

I don't know how much you paid for that thing, but even buying two cells might be worth.

I have an 18v Skil set of tools and the two packs eventually wore out. I spent $104 getting them professionally rebuilt and so far, so good.

Hopefully, I'll get a good 5-6 years out of them.

Chris

VegasF6

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok thank you, I will try. Some cells it says will not sell single, but not the Sony i don't believe. My biggest concern would be if there is a trickle charge from the OEM charger. If so, a LiMn2O4 cell would be preferable. But I do agree with you about max current draw.

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Last edited:

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Ahh. Don't know if they do that. I would call and find out since they do offer both flat and button top cells.

Latest posts