Its official. I'm a C2-HA addict.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's the E series lights that removing the clip leaves a gap for the bezel o-ring to squeeze into, and become misshapen-hence compromising the seal formed by that o-ring.
Removing the clip should have no effect on the water resistance of the C2, whose bezel seal is made by an o-ring well forward of the clip/base of the bezel.

mega_lumens

Enlightened
It's the E series lights that removing the clip leaves a gap for the bezel o-ring to squeeze into, and become misshapen-hence compromising the seal formed by that o-ring.
Removing the clip should have no effect on the water resistance of the C2, whose bezel seal is made by an o-ring well forward of the clip/base of the bezel.

Thanks for the explanation. I'm confident now that I'll have no issues.

mega_lumens

Enlightened
My custom Surefire C2 with M60 and 17670 rechargeable. Free lumens for this "poor" college student.:) This C2 is most powerful light at the time being. (I want to get a Z58 but it's $$$, and buying a new holster called Cyclops.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
It is a great light:thumbsup:

Got a F23 beamshaper on the way for mine.

I have a red filter on it at times and the warm white M30W works better with a red filter then the cooler tints.

The beamshapers and filters also protect the lens when it is tossed in a bag for traveling as well.

Just noticed this post. My F23 came today and I have been trying it out with various appropriate SF heads. Have not used it with my C2 body yet, but tried it out with my 18650 TB body with C2 head and Malkoff M30. Nice flood, but not too floody as this is a medium beamshaper, unlike the F24, or FM34, which are wide beamshapers.

Bill

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
So....what does the beam through a F23 look like compared to a F24 or FM34?

Free lumens for this "poor" college student.:)
Good job going for all quality gear in spite of the budget:thumbsup:
Having a few good lights, even if you have to wait to buy them, beats having a growing pile of cheap ones that just disappoint you in the long run.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
The F23's beam is not so diffused as F24, FM34. There is a huge center spot, maybe 5X size of non beamshaped center spot. Easy on the eyes but bright enough to light up a room. Eliminates, or rather smoothes out the cut off associated with most reflector beams, the tunnel beam, so to speak. With a Malkoff M30 it makes center beam wider yet. Reduces lux, of course, and I get 10-15% reduction in output as measured by bounce with lightmeter. 10% loss using Malkoff M30 and medium beamshaper. I do not have an F24, lost it awhile back, but do recall that beam was much more diffused.

Bill

hurricane

Newly Enlightened
Just bought a C2-HA ... amazing little light, built like a tank. I'll be doing the M-60 drop-in very soon. 220 lumens out of a light that small is too cool to pass up. So now I have 2 SureFires ... I know, I know amazing. So where does one find an SW01 tail cap? SureFire doesn't make them anymore - right?

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
You are correct. You have to stalk the marketplace.

Sometimes you have to buy a light you don't want just to get one and then sell off the other bits. It's a pain but you have to do what you have to do to get what you want. :D

Last edited:

ptirmal

Enlightened
This one has been through some changes. From a KT2 mn21 running off of 2x18650's and a cell extender with the z41...

IMG_1354.jpg

To a p91 with z58 running on 2x18500's and a FM35...

DSC_0023.jpg

I like this setup much better. Don't need the throw the KT2 had to offer, the p91 throws as far as I need, the p90 even more. Might try out a malkoff m60w to replace the p91, I like the incan lamps for the color rendition outside when I walk my dog. I think the z58 was the biggest improvement.

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just bought a C2-HA ... amazing little light, built like a tank. I'll be doing the M-60 drop-in very soon... So where does one find an SW01 tail cap? SureFire doesn't make them anymore - right?

Congrats on the C2 - they rule! You will be blown away when you pop that M60 in - its gorgeous! I'm a fan of the M60W (warm) - mine is a beautiful rosey yellow and totally worth the loss in lumens for the color. Love it.

On the SW01 - its just pure luck when they come up over on the Marketplace. Just logging in at the right time and being a quick typer. Thats how I got my three :D

jcs71

Newly Enlightened
Man you talk about sheer torture looking at all these threads about the C2. :hairpull: I have come to the conclusion that I will get one, one way or another. I think I will end up selling my 6PD light minus the Malkoff bulb inside it to help fund the C2 in HA III finish.

DaFABRICATA;
I love your collection of C2's that you have with all the different logos. There is another one that you night want to get. It is sold in the NRA store. They have both the black and HA III finished ones with the NRA logo on them. That is the one I am thinking of getting.

Man it is going to take at least a month to get enough toy money to get one but it will be worth it.:twothumbs

hurricane

Newly Enlightened
Congrats on the C2 - they rule! You will be blown away when you pop that M60 in - its gorgeous! I'm a fan of the M60W (warm) - mine is a beautiful rosey yellow and totally worth the loss in lumens for the color. Love it.

On the SW01 - its just pure luck when they come up over on the Marketplace. Just logging in at the right time and being a quick typer. Thats how I got my three :D

Just ordered the M60 ... seconds ago. Looking forward to it.

gsxrac

Enlightened
So are the HA-BK C2's that hard to come by? How expensive do they usually run? Sounds like a sweet light!

hurricane

Newly Enlightened
Just dropped my M60 in my C2-HA - WOW, what a light. Makes my U2 Ultra seem like a sissy light. That's a lot of power in a very small package. The C2 is such a cool little light - nice looking too.

Cosmo7809

Enlightened
Going to give this thread a little :poke: because I got my first C2(black) yesterday and love it. I am really liking the tactical grip, and pocket clip. Its a shame I still do not own a malkoff(although do have one for a mag) I think I will have to crack down soon and get one. Well, now I can be part of this thread :party:

Status
Not open for further replies.