Question to Surefire C2 Centurion owners

DE73

Newly Enlightened
Just received a new C2. If I compare with my 6P it doesn't have the inside battery lip and the surface look a little bit ruff. Can this be original from factory or have anyone machined away the lip? The inside diameter is not bigger it's just a rougher surface nearest the head. Can you compare with you C2 please? It's not a problem I'm just curious.

Attachments

• IMG_6137.jpeg
    IMG_6137.jpeg
    191.4 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_6139.jpeg
    IMG_6139.jpeg
    596 KB · Views: 63

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have both bored and original 6P. I looked again and the original doesn't have the lip. So it's probably just visually bad machining from Surefire.
I was asking because the original Surefire 6p, 9p, C2, .... does not habe this lip because of the inner diameter of ~16-17mm. The spring of the P60 dropin is on the side ring of the body. There is no lip.
If someone bored a body in a good way at the end of the body at the head the tube is not completely bored because of 2 reasons, the 18xxx cell will not fall out the body of the head is removed. The spring of the dropin is now on this lip. Without this lip you may habe contact problems depending on the dropin.

For example Oveready was always boring with lip, even the 3xCR123 bodies.

Alaskantinbender

Newly Enlightened
Just received a new C2. If I compare with my 6P it doesn't have the inside battery lip and the surface look a little bit ruff. Can this be original from factory or have anyone machined away the lip? The inside diameter is not bigger it's just a rougher surface nearest the head. Can you compare with you C2 please? It's not a problem I'm just curious.
I have 3 C2s all of them look identical to yours inside. No lip not bored and rough inside. Also, a couple of C3s look the same. Looks like the tooling was worn out.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I have 3 C2s all of them look identical to yours inside. No lip not bored and rough inside. Also, a couple of C3s look the same. Looks like the tooling was worn out.
Got one Black C2.
My first ever SureFire.
Bought it shortly after having joined CPF.
Completely stock.
Yup, mine also looks identical.