Jetbeam C-LE Quality?

RecycledElectron

Newly Enlightened
The CL-E's are head and shoulders quality wise over most of the cheap DX or Kaidomain stuff I've ordered. I value a nice round throwy beam, and about half the v2's I have have it, the other half are a little off center or too deep in the reflector. The beam on those are still bright, just more floody. My one v1.2 has that perfect round beam. Perhaps those beams are a little ringy, but not when I use them, only white wall hunting. They light up the paths that my wife and I walk nicely.

I have a JB MKIIR that initially was way too floody. Had virtually no spillbeam. I managed to back the pill out a little, to where there is a tiny ring in the reflector well around the led that wasn't there before. I didn't move it very far. The lens and reflector don't appear loose, but I'm not going to dunk it anyway. Now I have bright spill starting about 5 feet from me and a nice bright floody beam, lights up the night almost twice as far as a CL-Ev2. Point is, I broke one of my wife's seam rippers and probably voided my warranty to solve a problem that should not have occurred with a 60 buck light.

For that reason and the fact that any light I use has to have at least a hour runtime, preferably twice that, I've ordered a Olight T20 and 17670's to use instead of my MKIIR, or waiting to buy a JBMIIv3 with a extended battery tube perhaps made of unobtanium. I still think that JB makes some good lights. They all work but their performance is too variable for the price point. I've been a victim of the led lottery, but this isn't the problem. The first 5 jetbeams I bought from Emillion were all repaired lights and the quality on them was perfect. I didn't realize that of course they were, they were repaired by craftsmen. The brand new stuff works but the quality is far less than the repaired stuff I got. I'm less in love with JB than I was, though I can't see changing my EDC light from a CL-E anytime in the near future.

The CL-Ev2 is wife approved.

Last edited:

Latest posts