JETBeam Intellicharge i4

Zenbaas

Newly Enlightened
Hope this one has nice stats because I could really need a new charger for 18650s.

rayman

If the price is right and it performs well then ill take 2. I really wish they would get a move on with this charger already!

TacBlade

Newly Enlightened
Re: JETBeam charger

I was sent an email today that said these would be available in 2-3 weeks from now.

HKJ

Flashaholic

I was sent an email today that said these would be available in 2-3 weeks from now.

I ordered one today in a German shop and got an email saying it was "Versendet" (German for shipped). It is the first time I uses this shop and I do not know if I can trust their status.

Zenbaas

Newly Enlightened

I ordered one today in a German shop and got an email saying it was "Versendet" (German for shipped). It is the first time I uses this shop and I do not know if I can trust their status.
Can you please PM me the link if you don't mind...? (just curious :))

YetiFlash

Newly Enlightened
Having just bought my first decent flashlight that can use both CR123 and AA batteries I was in the market for two chargers. This could be the ideal solution! Looking forward to reading the first test and reviews.

Bobby_C

Newly Enlightened
I've been looking to buy a 18650 charger and batteries for a week now. I'm changing my requirements to include rcr123a as well. If this charger can handle both battery types, I'm in. I like that it can also handle 10440 and 14500 too.

infinus

Newly Enlightened
One concern with this charger.... If I read the specs right if you only put 1 or 2 smaller batteries in they will charge at 1000mah! I don't think it's good to charge a 750mah cell at that rate.

IlluminatedOne

Newly Enlightened
Will be interesting to see how it performs when reviewed, wish they could have made it a little bigger so i could do the D size nimh too but i guess you cannot have everything lol.
Lets hope maha will make something like this with the functions of the C9000, and do d size NIMH as well, i think that would be the perfect charger.

Last edited:

Bobby_C

Newly Enlightened
I couldn't wait so I ordered the Sysmax version from BatteryJunction. I'm no reviewer but I'll post my thoughts when I get it sometime this week (hopefully).

45/70

Flashlight Enthusiast
One concern with this charger.... If I read the specs right if you only put 1 or 2 smaller batteries in they will charge at 1000mah! I don't think it's good to charge a 750mah cell at that rate.

In addition, I find it alarming to suggest that 10440 cells be charged at even a 500mA rate. It doesn't inspire much confidence in a product to know that someone in the supply chain is totally clueless, as to how to properly charge Li-Ion cells. This makes me suspicious that this the same general type of group that applies "600mAh" to the labels of 250mAh 10440 cells.:shakehead

Dave

MatNeh

Newly Enlightened
Here's the text from the manual:

Note: When four batteries are charged at the same time,
each charging slot will receive a maximum output current of
500mA. When one or two batteries are charged, each slot will
receive a maximum output current of 1000mA.

So if I put two 10440 batteries in there, do I get fire?

45/70

Flashlight Enthusiast
So if I put two 10440 batteries in there, do I get fire?

I would say it's at least possible. 1000mA is 3-4 times the maximum recommended charge rate for a 10440 cell. While I doubt that a rate of 500mA would cause a cell to vent, that's still well over the maximum recommended charge rate. In either case, even if nothing obvious happened, your cells would likely only last a few cycles.

The highest capacity 10440 cell I'm aware of is around 350mAh. Most UltraFire and TrustFire 10440 cells are actually around 250mAh, when new. The maximum recommended charge rate for smaller (less than 18650 size) LiCo cells is 1C, which would be 250mA for a 250mAh cell. Any rate higher than that, you're asking for trouble, of one kind or another.

Dave

infinus

Newly Enlightened
Something doesn't seem right about this charger. Between the insanely high charge rates for smaller batteries, and the lack of proper charge termination listed for nimh despite claiming it can charge them I'm a bit skeptical.

Bobby_C

Newly Enlightened
I couldn't wait so I ordered the Sysmax version from BatteryJunction. I'm no reviewer but I'll post my thoughts when I get it sometime this week (hopefully).

They're backordered so I cancelled my order :-/.

Now I'm rethinking what charger to get after these comments. So far, I'm leaning towards the Xtar WP2.

LichtAn!

Enlightened

I guess you'll be putting up a detailed review on your website? That would be awesome! :wave: