Jetbeam RRT-01

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you need a TACTICAL strobe, you're better off getting a light with a dedicated strobe button, like the Jetbeam PC25. When the light is off, press the mode-change button on the side and the strobe will turn on. When the light is on, press-and-hold the mode-change button on the side for >1s, and the strobe will come on. Can't get simpler than that.

This is a pocket light, and one that never fully shuts off too. Don't bother evaluating its usefulness in a war zone.

Actually the RRT-01 has no strobe. It has a hidden SOS mode by turning the light to max then to left and back to max quickly 3x in a row. But there is no strobe at all.

Personally, I think that's appropriate. This is a small EDC pocket light, not a tactical light.

scout24

Flashaholic
I can live with the 50 microamps of standby current. As stated, not a tactical light, but an EDC. If used with some common sense on high, it should have a long happy life. It does, however, benefit greatly from a LOP reflector IMHO. Still gets out 50 yards, a big wall of light on high, and it tames the ringiness and corona around the hotspot to a great degree... McR20s, with a LOT of trimming and fitting. Beamshot to follow.. :)

P1020067.jpg

About 4 feet from a not quite white wall, in broad daylight, maybe 3/4 power...

P1020070.jpg

Last edited:

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can live with the 50 microamps of standby current. As stated, not a tactical light, but an EDC. If used with some common sense on high, it should have a long happy life. It does, however, bem
nefit greatly from a LOP reflector IMHO. Still gets out 50 yards, a big wall of light on high, and it tames the ringiness and corona around the hotspot to a great degree... McR20s, with a LOT of trimming and fitting. Beamshot to follow.. :)

P1020067.jpg

About 4 feet from a not quite white wall, in broad daylight, maybe 3/4 power...

P1020070.jpg

Nice job! Where did you buy that reflector?

scout24

Flashaholic
Fireclaw- I had one in my parts bin, the Sandwich Shoppe sells them. They show 38 left in stock, $18.00 each. A LOT of careful beltsanding, and enlarging the emitter hole to fit the XML... :)

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow. I just received mine. I can live with the rings in the beam, 'cause this sucker will be put to real, daily use - won't hunt any white walls with this one. Scout told me to check it out without doing a white wall hunt first, and he was right. Beam quality won't win any awards for smoothness with the stock reflector, but who cares? I can't WAIT to see the uber low tonight when all is dark...geez, hard to believe the range of this little guy - at $100? Really? Are you kidding me? Nice job, Jetbeam...now I need to order another one and a couple of those reflectors....

:thinking: ;)

scout24

Flashaholic
And now can't edit my spelling on my phone... Sorry! I think everyone gets the idea, though... Door, and new reflector... :nana: Thanks, Dan...:bow: :grin2:

peterharvey73

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's beginning to grow on me.
So much more compact than old RRT-0, and so much more floody with a much shallower reflector for a wider spill beam too.
Hope they give an U2 emitter bin option soon, just like they gave the RRT-0 a choice between XP-G R5 and S2.
Hope they give OP reflector choice soon too...

texas cop

Enlightened
With such a small refector and so much light I really hope a light op reflector makes the option list along with a U2 emitter. My EDC since they came out has been the ThruNite 1C smooth beam with its small op reflector. This RRT-01 is just nice enough to get but I'll hold out if improvements could be coming.

fyrstormer

Banned
Jetbeam has been good about making replacement reflectors available for sale separately in the past. Don't worry too much about getting one and then seeing an OP reflector pop up for sale the next week.

Does anyone know if the OP reflector from the Jet-1 will fit?

EDIT: I'm disappointed to see it actually costs more than the RRT-0, which has a real "OFF" mode. Awkward.

Last edited:

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great looking light, it's definitely on my short list. Will be a big plus if an optional OP reflector is offered, I's hate to have to send it out for modding.

flashflood

Enlightened
With such a small refector and so much light I really hope a light op reflector makes the option list along with a U2 emitter. My EDC since they came out has been the ThruNite 1C smooth beam with its small op reflector. This RRT-01 is just nice enough to get but I'll hold out if improvements could be coming.

Yeah, I have the ThruNite Neutron 1C, neutral tint, and love it. This will be even better if they offer a neutral: brighter, variable output, and appears capable of taking 18350.

Any word on neutrals? Does JetBeam generally offer them?

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
If they offer it with a LOP reflector and neutral emitter I'd be in for one, wish either Sunwayman or JB would offer a neutral version of this type of light.

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast
If they offer it with a LOP reflector and neutral emitter I'd be in for one, wish either Sunwayman or JB would offer a neutral version of this type of light.

Agreed, that would make it pretty close to perfect IMO.

e1sbaer

Newly Enlightened
Indeed, a neutral emitter would make my decision between the two a lot easier.

Last edited:

juplin

Enlightened
With super lowest low and infinitely variable levels, RRT-01 will be the best candidate for the flashlight at midnight.
One trit is added in the tail of my RRT-01 for easily locating at midnight.
22-Trit_Lighting_M.jpg

23-Trit_Lighting_2_M.jpg