Jetbeam tcr 01 is out

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sunwayman semi-clone
Clip blocks control ring
Smooth reflector, be a pretty beam lol
No tailcap switch but they added the extra length anyway......
It's nice to see a Ti light I don't instantly want to buy

Considering that the RRT-01 in aluminum seems to be a better light than the Sunwayman V11R, this new titanium version of the RRT-01 looks beautiful.

Keep in mind that the RRT-01 has a number of advantages compared to a V11R or the V10R Ti+:
1. RRT-01 can be operated one-handed without having to flip the light around in the hand after pressing the button since there is no button to press. The only control is the ring.
2. RRT-01 has the lowest low of any light on the market, and a brighter high than the Sunwayman (514 lumens for V10R T+ compared to someone's measured 542 lumens for RRT-01).
3. RRT-01 holds a larger battery (18350 compared to 16340 for the Sunwayman). Hopefully this should mean it has longer battery life despite having a larger current draw than the Sunwayman.
4. RRT-01 is smaller than a V10R or V10R Ti+ / V11R.
5. RRT-01 has a wider spillbeam due to its shallower reflector. Great for close-in work.
6. RRT-01 does not have any metal tailcap binding issues like the V11R and V10R Ti+ seem plagued with.

In contrast, the main advantage of the V10R Ti+ / V11R seems to be:
1. Light orange peel reflector - the beam is still ringy, but not as ringy as the smooth reflector in the RRT-01.

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Considering that the RRT-01 in aluminum seems to be a better light than the Sunwayman V11R, this new titanium version of the RRT-01 looks beautiful.

Keep in mind that the RRT-01 has a number of advantages compared to a V11R or the V10R Ti+:
1. RRT-01 can be operated one-handed without having to flip the light around in the hand after pressing the button since there is no button to press. The only control is the ring.
2. RRT-01 has the lowest low of any light on the market, and a brighter high than the Sunwayman (514 lumens for V10R T+ compared to someone's measured 542 lumens for RRT-01).
3. RRT-01 holds a larger battery (18350 compared to 16340 for the Sunwayman). Hopefully this should mean it has longer battery life despite having a larger current draw than the Sunwayman.
4. RRT-01 is smaller than a V10R or V10R Ti+ / V11R.
5. RRT-01 has a wider spillbeam due to its shallower reflector. Great for close-in work.
6. RRT-01 does not have any metal tailcap binding issues like the V11R and V10R Ti+ seem plagued with.

In contrast, the main advantage of the V10R Ti+ / V11R seems to be:
1. Light orange peel reflector - the beam is still ringy, but not as ringy as the smooth reflector in the RRT-01.

I think #1 is a big plus, that is the first thing that I wasn't comfortable with when I used the Ti+.

As far as #4, I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not...I find the V10R to be too small without the AA extender installed.

somnambulated

Newly Enlightened
I find it really funny that the control ring without a tailcap switch is seen as a far better UI by some. I've seen it mentioned multiple times. I don't know about anyone else, but I find twisty lights annoyingly cumbersome compared to clicking a switch.The magnetic ring is only more ergonomic if you're used to holding lights in a traditional grip the entire time you're using them. I don't know about you, but cigar hold seems more practical and ergonomic to me, especially on smaller lights.

That said, I'm still waiting for my V10r+ preorder, and definitely keeping an eye on this one.

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I find it really funny that the control ring without a tailcap switch is seen as a far better UI by some. I've seen it mentioned multiple times. I don't know about anyone else, but I find twisty lights annoyingly cumbersome compared to clicking a switch.The magnetic ring is only more ergonomic if you're used to holding lights in a traditional grip the entire time you're using them. I don't know about you, but cigar hold seems more practical and ergonomic to me, especially on smaller lights.

That said, I'm still waiting for my V10r+ preorder, and definitely keeping an eye on this one.

How do you work the ring one handed while using the cigar grip?

Mike75

Newly Enlightened
Having all the Ti versions of JetBeam, I can say that this one is a beauty... Just what I need for my collection. I also have all the Ti models from sunwayman, save for the new Ti+, and they are very nice and all, but JetBeam has a better designer, that is for sure...

Mike75

Newly Enlightened
Strange thing, the light is on JetBeam's website, but nobody has it for pre-order...

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
But the control ring on a Ratory is in the tail, isn't it?

Yup.

With a light with the control ring up front like a Jetbeam or Sunwayman it's impossible to hold the light in a cigar grip and still access the control ring.

For such a light, omitting the button and just having the ring as the only control makes much more sense (Sunwayman M11R, Jetbeam RRT-01 / TCR-01). That way you can pickup the light with a conventional handshake hold and your finger and thumb will naturally fall onto the ring for easy access to power and all brightness settings without having to flip the light.

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup.

With a light with the control ring up front like a Jetbeam or Sunwayman it's impossible to hold the light in a cigar grip and still access the control ring.

For such a light, omitting the button and just having the ring as the only control makes much more sense (Sunwayman M11R, Jetbeam RRT-01 / TCR-01). That way you can pickup the light with a conventional handshake hold and your finger and thumb will naturally fall onto the ring for easy access to power and all brightness settings without having to flip the light.

That is my thought as well, I just didn't understand the previous post below...

Mike75

Newly Enlightened
Over 200$? All this limited edition Ti lights thing is getting out of hand... Manufacturers must make 200% on this, and so are the dealers...
I want one, though... Let's see what will be the final price...

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unless you're gripping the light by the control ring itself. :ohgeez:

I just tried that with my V10R XM-L. Didn't work at all. The ring lacks traction and is too stiff. And it's so far forward that if I have my thumb on the button, then the best I could do is my pinkie on the ring. It was very hard to turn the ring like this and I had little control over it. It felt vastly more awkward than just flipping the light to use the ring ... and enormously more awkward than the RRT-01's setup.

Ragnar66

Enlightened
Over 200$? All this limited edition Ti lights thing is getting out of hand... Manufacturers must make 200% on this, and so are the dealers...
I want one, though... Let's see what will be the final price...

Yeah.....I'm starting to think about that myself.....

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
I just tried that with my V10R XM-L. Didn't work at all. The ring lacks traction and is too stiff. And it's so far forward that if I have my thumb on the button, then the best I could do is my pinkie on the ring. It was very hard to turn the ring like this and I had little control over it. It felt vastly more awkward than just flipping the light to use the ring ... and enormously more awkward than the RRT-01's setup.
Yes, exactly - not at all practical, but I enjoyed your post describing it!

XFlash

Enlightened

I agree, its nice to have a level picked before you turn the light on also.