Jetbeam's Service is ridiculous!

Fichtenelch

Enlightened
Hello,
i have some trouble with my TCR 10.
I purchased it..maybe last year. When it arrived, everything was ok. Carried it around a bit, put it to use. After around 3-4 Days i noticed that i could not turn the ring anymore. That was the moment i thought, how hard could it be. As i am not mechanically unable, i thought lets give it a bit of trial and error. So, tried to untwist the forward bezel and at a moment after some trial, i was able to loosen it. then i turned it obviously too far, because after that nothing worked.
Sent Emails to Jetbeam's CS and a man named Jason replied to me and after 2-3 weeks i could send it in, which i then did. Couple of Weeks later, it arrived and everything was working. But after a couple of days, i noticed the selector ring getting stuck again! So, i tried to untwist it and then left it where it was perfect for me. So, everything ok for a couple of months.
When we we're at a concert lately, i decided to take my beloved tcr10 out and gave it to a friend of mine, who then tried to turn it on or off...however, when i got it back, nothing worked.

Now, i am trying to reach Jetbeam CS and it has gotten to the point where i think this is ridiculous for a 160$ light! No Answer?! *inappropriate and unnecessary (although it seems a tad bit justified) queries removed by Greta

If anyone has an idea what to do, please tell me ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

dc38

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the east coast of the yoosah. In the place wher
Hello,
i have some trouble with my TCR 10.
I purchased it..maybe last year. When it arrived, everything was ok. Carried it around a bit, put it to use. After around 3-4 Days i noticed that i could not turn the ring anymore. That was the moment i thought, how hard could it be. As i am not mechanically unable, i thought lets give it a bit of trial and error. So, tried to untwist the forward bezel and at a moment after some trial, i was able to loosen it. then i turned it obviously too far, because after that nothing worked.
Sent Emails to Jetbeam's CS and a man named Jason replied to me and after 2-3 weeks i could send it in, which i then did. Couple of Weeks later, it arrived and everything was working. But after a couple of days, i noticed the selector ring getting stuck again! So, i tried to untwist it and then left it where it was perfect for me. So, everything ok for a couple of months.
When we we're at a concert lately, i decided to take my beloved tcr10 out and gave it to a friend of mine, who then tried to turn it on or off...however, when i got it back, nothing worked.

Now, i am trying to reach Jetbeam CS and it has gotten to the point where i think this is ridiculous for a 160$ light! No Answer?! *inappropriate and unnecessary (although it seems a tad bit justified) queries removed by Greta

If anyone has an idea what to do, please tell me ;)

I would sit back and think about what foreign substance are inside. Could literally be anything interfering with the operation

Last edited by a moderator:

Fichtenelch

Enlightened
actually not, since the clearance is so little and the ring operation to one side is easy. when i just loosened the threads a little bit, it was super smooth. when it was still working. problem is, when you loosen it too much, wires get ripped off and thats it.

So, pls consider that the light does not work anymore. the ring beeing stuck was just the problem for the first repair.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
^^ this....

Is reason why this guy has ZERO jetbeams in the collection.
But being in the US I have easy access to those 'other' brands.

Hope you get it solved soon.

Edit; (removed tug on spring comment)
just re-read and saw you have broken wires.
OH MY!!!

Last edited: