• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Jets22 3W "Blackbird" Run 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
Re: Jets22 \"Blackbird\" Run 2

Cool! Glad it found its way home, man.
daloosh
Be your way later this week, but dunno if ya want any visitors, unless you need some help?

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast

Jets22 was hit by the hurricanes (how many was it, Brock, 3?) and they caused heavy damage in his area. The place where he was employed was put out of business. Some important equipment he used was knocked out. Brock's own electricity was off for quite some time.

He had his own property that was damaged and had to be cleaned up and repaired. The insurance companies have been sticking it to alot of Floridians in unexpected ways. Huge deductibles had to be paid up front. Getting someone who could do the work was difficult too. For instance a one-man-shop electrician received over 200 calls with work requests over one weekend. He was able to accept 5 of them.

The first hurricane was Charley on August 18th, IIRC. I was down in Florida for that one. But there were atleast 2 more that hit his area in September and I think October.

I talked to Brock on the phone when he, his wife and daughter were getting ready to evacuate for one of them and he was loading boxes of Blackbird parts into his vehicle to evacuate with him.

Then, there's been the trip to help out his parents with the situation he mentioned.

Through all of this he's maintained an exemplary attitude and keeps pressing onward with the work on the Blackbirds. Whenever we talk on the phone he explains how he's surmounted the latest challenge.

Brock's word is good as gold. He'll get 'em all done and they will be typical Jets22 "gems". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

A lesser man would find ways to cut corners to speed up the process. Not Brock. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif He puts his nose to the wheel and perseveres and turns out and ships a batch at a time.

Despite all these setbacks and difficulties, he maintains a polite and gentlemanly demeanor. He feels for you fellahs that have waited so patiently for your Blackbirds. I've never heard him complain about any of his customers.

I haven't talked with Brock for a couple of weeks and he wouldn't want me to post all of this, but I wanted his fine customers to know a little more of the difficulties he's been facing for the last 3 months and to encourage you that you will get your Blackbird before too much longer and then all the waiting and worrying will be over.

Hang in there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

Britt

Sakugenken

Newly Enlightened

Brock,
Really sorry to hear about all of your troubles. I wish you and your family the best. I am not so worried about shipping time. I am sure it will be well worth the wait.
Just keep going, one day at a time!

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast

Brock, just wanted to let you know that I'm in no hurry to get the PR-T head I sent you fixed (totally my screw-up in the first place anyway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif ). You have really more important things at hand & I'm sure no one will hold it against you for the delays which have been due entirely to forces beyond your control. Take care. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Jets22

Enlightened

Well, I'm also from PA. (I was raised outside of Harrisburg) but sadly all of these run 2's are pre-sold Karlthey. BTW, Welcome to Candlepower

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have one of your first run Brock so all is not lost. Just wanted to jump back on the want list again! I'm North of Scranton and have a neice down your way in Naples.

scrappy

Enlightened

Brock - received... awesome. Worth the wait. The way the pieces screw together is amazing, I have never seen such smooth action with metal threads... TRULY incredible piece of work.

Thanks
Rich

cy

Flashaholic

Just got my Blackbird w/hanger in. Absolutely stunning work.

got busy modding it right away /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif dropped in a NX-01 optic, tuning the two stage switch is next.

Thanks jets...

dbrad

Newly Enlightened

No pressure, just want to let you know of yet another seriously interested in a 3rd run light. Am willing to wait for it.
Dave

Halibut

Enlightened

Brock,

Blackbird + hanger received. WHAT THE HECK?!? Do you have elves making these for you? I can't even see the joint between the tailcap and body--do you use a laser to cut your bar stock? This is my first light with a TiCN coating. Worth the wait indeed. Thank you!!!

-Dan

Jets22

Enlightened

If you know some Elves that can run a lathe and Mill..I could use the /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif..Thanks for the very kind words on the custom lights /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Everyone seems to like the threads I used and also the close tolerances on the body joints. Most think it's a one piece body. There are some tricks that have to be done to get that to work...the first attempts had a HUGE scrap pile.

As Cy said .. If you can find NX01 optics guys..They work beautifully in this head spacing design. I wanted to use them originally but there are no supply sources for this optic.

Glad you guys are all enjoying these.

Thanks again everyone

wptski

Flashlight Enthusiast

My BB2 is in the air due on my doorstep shortly. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I was wondering about this before. Can a rechargable 123A with it's higher voltage be safely used in a BB?

Halibut

Enlightened

wptski,

I think the MM+ wouldn't appreciate the higher voltage--I'd stick with 3V cells.

-Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.