• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Jets22 3W "Blackbird" Run 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Jets22 \"Blackbird\" Run 2

I got my little blackbird today.
This has got to be one of the best little lights with the capability of changing tailcaps and battery tubes in such a small light.
The BlackBird is one of the best lights I have.
I have one question though..what is the word on the holsters? Can we order those now or later?

Thanks for offering these Brock it is truly a great light.

mut

Psychomodo

Enlightened

Shouldn't be too long b4 I get mine now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Yeeehaaa.

McShawn

Enlightened

I cannot wait, this will be my first blackbird light, after reading all the post, it been a long while but the wait should be worth it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast

Got mine Brock! It arrived on Saturday (yesterday), just moments before the start of PhotonFest 3 (PF3). GREAT timing! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

As for the light itself, I haven't had much chance to play around with it, but I must say that the workmanship is ASTOUNDING. Fit and finish is near perfect, and it's hard to believe these were hand crafted!

In light of all you've gone through, and yet still have trooped onward with the BB2 project, I am in total astonishment. My hat's off to you, dude! Or put another way...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

Thank you again! Thank you, Brock! You're a class act. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator

Just checked back through this thread and discovered that it looks like I bought the LAST BB2! How many do you have left to build???? Any chance I'll get it for Christmas? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/santa.gif

Jets22

Enlightened

I'm working on this weeks batch as I type this post..Things are looking good Roy.....Love the Avitar BTW

McShawn

Enlightened

Brock, how is the shop comming back together? I still look at FL weather and think of you and the flashlights down their. Hope all is well and you can get a roof back on your shop and put out more great lights.
shawn
cannot wait to get my blackbird /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif)

wptski

Flashlight Enthusiast

I carry a McLux PR 5W BB750 Pila powered in a side leg pocket in my coveralls at work. I decided to carry my BB2 in a front pocket as a backup incase the Pila dies at a bad time.

I was amazed to see the black oxide finish wore off an area on the knurled tailcap after just two days! It must have happed while leaning up against a machine while working. Nothing in the pocket with it either.

Of course, anything will wear in time but I thought that the black oxide was a tougher finish.

hideo

Enlightened

hmm ... thought I might be the only CPFer carrying theirs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif, the nitiride coating on my my BB1 seemed to be vulnerable to scratching, particularly on the tail edges and along the knurl lines.

A little disappointing and curious, since the gold Ti nitride Arc tail I have seems as scratch-resistant as HA3--fact of the matter is, I carry nearly all my keeper lights and it's just not a big deal to me, 'specially with a fabulous design like Brock's BB or "the Perfect Flood" as I call it

hideo

wptski

Flashlight Enthusiast

I guess that I used the wrong wording for the finish!

Exactly, the edge of the knurling on the tailcap and the sharp edge of the tailcap too which I noticed later.

I plan on still carrying it this way and it my be bald like it's owner soon! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jets22

Enlightened

Just like the points on aggressive knurling and edges this is the most difficult to protect.. The Titanium Nitride will not flake off unlike other plating but aluminium is such a soft material will have wear. I have the same mark on my carry version also..they do not like anything metal rubbing against the finish.

wptski

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Jets22 said:
Just like the points on aggressive knurling and edges this is the most difficult to protect.. The Titanium Nitride will not flake off unlike other plating but aluminium is such a soft material will have wear. I have the same mark on my carry version also..they do not like anything metal rubbing against the finish.

[/ QUOTE ]
Mine got that while inside my pocket, no direct metal contact, just the pressure of leaning against metal.

alanhuth

Newly Enlightened

Jets,

Can you let us know where we are on the list so we can get some idea of when to expect delivery (xmas presents?)

Thanks,

Alan

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast

Alan,

IIRC wptski paid 6/17 so if they're being sent out in order of payment then mine should be coming soon. Mine was paid 6/18. Woo Hoo!

-LT

Status
Not open for further replies.