$$$ keeping you away from what light?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Sad to say, but this is one of the cheapest hobbies out there (compared to other pieces of EDC gear).

Most expensive purchase for me was my SureFire M6 from back in the day. Still have it, now have a nice rechargeable option for it thanks to mdocod. Though lately, I've been bored with what's coming out. Nothing exciting. If I do find something that catches my eye, I'm not spending more than $200 max. Even though I've spent quite a bit more in the past.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
What would you find exciting?

Something different than the ridiculous number of Bright as Hell but cheaply made garbage coming out of China with ridiculously over-inflated emitter lumens numbers.

And that's coming from someone who owns a massive amount of decent quality LED lights that are made in China.

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast
A PhotonFanatic custom build.

Well, it is one thing, say... Spending $2000 on a flashlight. That, I'm prepared to do if the light is right.

It is truly mind boggling to me to get Fred to craft a bespoke light of your design out of some exotic metal for $X. I am just not ready to contemplate how far I'm going to push that envelope. I'd rather be in blissful ignorance not knowing how much X is (For now). :D

TEEJ

Flashaholic
I'm not sure I HAVE a limit.

Its more about needs, and what's available to fill them.

Thank GOD I'm not a collector, as I'd be dog meat for sure.

I use them for work, and, just like a mechanic has tool chests full of various tools, I have chests full of various flashlights. If I see something that looks like it will do what another light is doing, but better, then, if better ENOUGH, I'll probably get it.

Sometimes, I have multiples, as for search party work, etc, I equip the party as appropriate for the terrain/scenario...and sometimes, because 1 = 0, & 2 = 1, I have replacements for replacements, etc.

I also experiment with different form factors and beam types for specific applications...so I might try something just to see what its about. If it would work in the rotation, its a keeper....if not, its a donor, etc.

:D