safarilandkellite1979cas.jpg

safarilandkellite1979cashv.jpg

safarilandkellite1979cah.jpg

safarilandkellite1979ca.jpg
http://www.imageocean.net/

Last edited:

SG688

Newly Enlightened
The B-lite page from the 1976-77 Bianchi holster catalog.

I briefly had the shared use of an issue B-lite, but didn't much like it. It ran down the batteries too quickly ... but that's also a shared usage issue.

bianchiblitecat19767759.jpg

bianchibliteadlo1976.png

Last edited:

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the scans, do you have hi-res versions of those? Great stuff.

I have some dirty paper around here somewhere I'll see about getting together.

Zenster

Enlightened
The B-lite page from the 1976-77 Bianchi holster catalog.

I briefly had the shared use of an issue B-lite, but didn't much like it. It ran down the batteries too quickly ... but that's also a shared usage issue.

Wow, that's quite a blast from the past!

I all forgot until I saw the Kel-Lite thread, and then it reminded me that I had a large head, 3-D/cell B-Lite way back in the mid 70's or so.
That was decades before I became a "flashaholic".

I've lived in the same house now since 1982, so I'm willing to bet that I might find that old relic buried at the bottom of my closet somewhere with all the other stuff that hasn't seen daylight since the Bee Gees "got down". :ohgeez:

depusm12

Flashlight Enthusiast
Too bad Kel-Lite isn't still around. Would love to have a modern version of a 3 C Kel-Lite with a large head and 3 or 4 Cree Q5's.

SG688

Newly Enlightened
I don't actually have hard-copy of this, but here's a huge PDF of a bunch of catalogs and price lists are from a few years around 1972:

http://members.aol.com/abtomat47/flashlights/kelcat.pdf

Thanks.

I have one of those speedloaders for a J frame. Mine is marked "Hunt Engineering Inc." and that's how I remembered them.
I checked the magazine pile: Sure enough, the 1972 Law Enforcement Handgun Digest shows the Kel-Lite speedloader, distributed by ... Safariland.

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a set of Kel-Lite FirePower speedloaders for a K-frame, I think. Leather by Tex Shoemaker.

Maybe it's because I've had so many of these lights, but I have no interest in a modern light using any of these unique designs. About the only concept I think still has merit is an external barrel switch to allow for a shorter light, but as was proven back in the '70s it's nearly impossible to make a good one. That's why internal pushbuttons like Mag-Lite and Streamlight took over.

SG688

Newly Enlightened
One point about the aluminum lights of the 70's that the modern flashaholic might not recognize: how expensive they all were.

Buying a Kel-Lite was a serious investment. Their nominal price of $15 - $20 in 70's dollars converts to $80 - $100 now. Proportionally, that $20 would have been one third to one quarter of the cost of the average cop's pistol. Imagine paying $200 for a Mag-Lite!!