Klarus XT-11 IT'S HERE IT'S HERE!

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have numerous Klarus lights, all in the XT series. The XT-10 is a great light and the interface is virtually perfect for a duty light. I can't wait for my XT-11's to arrive.

sleep creeper

Newly Enlightened
So it's bright white? Is it a cool blue with a hint of purple? I recently got a xt1a but it is cool white with purple n it's just not great

Flashlight Enthusiast
And still no "TINT" report

OK OK

outdoors where it matters, it is a bright light that works

indoors where you look for flaws:

600 lumen mode
beam has a bright white center
with a small cloverleaf pattern (light held one inch off the wall) in the deep center.
looks like a pure white beam if you hold the light 12 inches away
outside that, is a little bit of green tint
around that, is a little bit of blue tint

mid mode and low mode are the same, just dimmer

tested outside, it lights up trees and the woods with a LOT of throw and not much flood.

it is PWM... shaking fingers in front of it, or snowflakes reveal pulses

the pushbutton switches are stiff/hard to press compared to my other lights,
this is not a big deal but I recently sent some splinters under my thumbnail last
week and got done digging the last one out yesterday. thumb is sensitive so these
switches feel stiff. your mileage may vary. mine will when the thumb fully heals.

Last edited:

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
it is PWM... shaking fingers in front of it, or snowflakes reveal pulses

ouch! it's a pass for me then! Why can't Klarus make lights without PWM? Every other major manufacturer can do it!

Its only the cheap-o brands that use PWM and Klarus isn't exactly cheap.

Flashlight Enthusiast
it 1000hz PWM ...why have a problem with it ? photography or something technical ? as a light to find the bogeyman or toecutters, this thing rocks

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
it 1000hz PWM ...why have a problem with it ? photography or something technical ? as a light to find the bogeyman or toecutters, this thing rocks

Some of my old cheap-o lights had pwm, besides the irritating hum, working up close with these lights in low modes shining it on something moving (like rotor blades or looking inside the engine bay of a running motor) eventually gave me a headache. Been staying away from lights with PWM since then. Try it, shine the light in lower modes on an electric fan, you'll see what I mean. The blades start to move slower and in some instances you'll see the light flickering as it bounces off the moving object.

Not to take anything away from the XT11, its a great light, i love the interface, performance, design, heck even Marshall(goinggear.com) loves this light! It could have been much greater without the PWM though, but that's just me. :)

Peace!

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah, it does that

on bright, 1000hz, no hum, no pattern
on mid mode or low mode, yeah I see fan blade effects

the light is silent as far as I can tell, but I haven't listened to it
in the middle of the night sleeping when my heart rate is low...

I can hear almost any electric buzz just after rem sleep...
next time I get up to whizz in the night I'll try to remember to grab the light and listen to it

Flashlight Enthusiast
PWM is for:

a) longer runtimes (edit: not always, good analog circuits can beat PWM)
b) keep the color the same between brightness levels

all other ways to modulate lumens will change the tint of the LED,
usually these are less preferable than PWM. In your case you prefer no PWM, but there are tradeoffs with everything
than PWM

Last edited:

buds224

Enlightened
Darn this thread!!!! Before I knew it, placed an order for one with goingear. Luckily, found myself a coupon code. I do believe that this one will soften the blow of losing my Fenix TA21. Seems it will outperform it in every way.

systym

Newly Enlightened
i cant find the effective range of the XT-11 listed anywhere. anyone know how many meters?

Natty Bumppo

Newly Enlightened
How does this light compare to a 47s S12 or a fenix tk35? I am looking for a new EDC light

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
How does this light compare to a 47s S12 or a fenix tk35? I am looking for a new EDC light

S12 is smaller and uses a different interface and different battery, 26650 cell. the Fenix TK35 uses two 18650 cells. Comparing them both to the XT11 is not comparing apples to apples as these are very different lights.

If you want comparable lights to the XT11, here are your choices:

1. Sunwayman V20C
2. Fenix TK21
3. Sunwayman T20CS
4. Zebralight SC600
5. Crelant V9
6. Spark SL6

and so on.

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah, it does that

on bright, 1000hz, no hum, no pattern
on mid mode or low mode, yeah I see fan blade effects

the light is silent as far as I can tell, but I haven't listened to it
in the middle of the night sleeping when my heart rate is low...

I can hear almost any electric buzz just after rem sleep...
next time I get up to whizz in the night I'll try to remember to grab the light and listen to it

update

I listened to it closely. it does have a barely-there whine but my ear needs to be right on
the head to hear it. doesn't bother me as I cannot hear it unless I am in a dead quiet room
and my heartrate is low and I am trying to listen for it with my ear on the light head..

TEEJ

Flashaholic
i cant find the effective range of the XT-11 listed anywhere. anyone know how many meters?

I know I can see a deer's body at ~ 200-250 meters (Eyes are too easy at any range...) with the XT11.

The S12 has roughly the same range, but puts out a floodier beam. (~ Same range, but more deer are visible, etc...)...800 lumens instead of the XT11's 600 lumens.

My SC600 has almost no range in that regard, maybe less than 100 meters to see the same deer, as its very floody...a lot of light close up. The XT11's beam is floody, but it does have pretty decent throw in comparison to the MUCH floodier SC600.

The XT11 has a really useful beam for me, floody, but with punch.

I really like the S12's too, but the twisty UI means I can't EDC it the same way, and I really like the SC600, but its UI's button scrolling routine and lack of throw also take it out of EDC use...making the XT11 the go to light.

:D

TEEJ

Flashaholic
update

I listened to it closely. it does have a barely-there whine but my ear needs to be right on
the head to hear it. doesn't bother me as I cannot hear it unless I am in a dead quiet room
and my heartrate is low and I am trying to listen for it with my ear on the light head..

If you use a flashlight for a pillow, you might be sicker than the rest of us...well, at least than some of us.

:D