Klarus XT11 for EDC ... or can anyone recommend another option?

TwitchyArmadillo

Newly Enlightened
HiI recently lost my EDC torch and am now looking for a replacement. Unfortunately I can't remember the make and model of the old EDC so am now scouring the internet for options.So far I am looking at the Klarus XT11. It ticks all the right boxes for me:

Price (About $120 - I'm from the UK so apologies if prices are a bit different)
LED sourceApprox 6" in lengthTough metal construction
High lumens for size (previous EDC was only about 120)
Tail mounted clicky switch (momentary press for strobe and full click for max output - there were only two output modes)
Simple interface (I don't get on with twisty selector rings and stuff - this excluded most JetBeam and Thrunite alternatives)
Strobe
Crenelated bezel for striking

I also trifled with the idea of the ATAC L2 but ... I'm not a fan of the interface.So I was wondering if there were any other options available otherwise the Klarus XT11 is the winner :)Thanks

Last edited:

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
XT11 is a good choice, well thought out UI. If you don't like the infinitely variable lights then your golden with the Klarus.
If I was to buy another light in that size it be The Sunwayman V20c or the Armytek Predator. I like being able to change brightness while off SWM. The Predator I'm just curious about, looks fun but I don't think I'd edc it.
I currently edc an HDS120 with a Zebralight Sc600 as a backup.

You may like the Zebralight sc600, if you like using 18650 batteries. It's a great UI and 750 lumens otf hight and .1 lumen low low :thumbsup:

TwitchyArmadillo

Newly Enlightened
Ah some good suggestions there thanks.

I do like the look of the ArmyTek Predator. Unfortunately I still think the UI of the Klarus is more to my liking.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
Klarus XT-2C
Almost identical to the XT-11 but thinner and more flood, just wish it had a pocket clip

ieslei

Newly Enlightened
You might want to check out the Eagletac G25C2. Too bad its a little expensive.

TwitchyArmadillo

Newly Enlightened
T20c - Hmm, this seems to be a possible option and cheaper too.

The kicker is gonna be how the UI works and if i really need the extra lumens.

Some thinking to do me thinks

TEEJ

Flashaholic
LOL

Yeah, its hard to go wrong with the XT11 for EDC.....it just flat out WORKS.

:D

buds224

Enlightened
The Jetbeam RRT-01 is looking promising. No strobe, but .005 lumens up to 500 lumens....that sounds really versatile.

*** UPDATE: youtube video demo showed strobe is available.

Last edited:

aimxplode

Enlightened
The Jetbeam RRT-01 is looking promising. No strobe, but .005 lumens up to 500 lumens....that sounds really versatile.

*** UPDATE: youtube video demo showed strobe is available.

500 lumens with an RCR123, but only about 20min run time. On a cr123a, its ~220 lumens, with 1hr+ runtime though.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Just get the XT11, its a proven performer, and it does what you need.

:D

buds224

Enlightened
Yeah, I'm happy with my XT11, can't go wrong with it. Simple UI is always good. I also found out that the RRT01 production model will not have strobe. The video demo was the pre-release version. Although, it will probably find its way in my mailbox one of these days.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup! the XT11's worth it! If you dont like the light changing on you without warning, this is the UI for you.

Dubois

Enlightened
Er, post #8 - OP now has the XT11, so other suggestions a little redundant.