Klarus XT11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrenaline_6

Newly Enlightened
I have been using my XT11 as my work EDC since March. It is has been dropped and banged and I have had no problems with the light or the tactical ring at all. Everyone that has had the opportunity to use it have been very impressed with it so far. In fact, one of my co-workers is looking to pick one up himself.

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast
If your tac ring is extremely tight (doesn't spin free and easily on your light) then it's a candidate for splitting down the middle.

If you screw down the barrel end tighter you might notice the ring spin easily after awhile. Why? Because it probably finally split :D

That's what I experienced.

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oz don't be soo sensitive dude. It's all just fun n games. We mostly share the same interests on this forum.

Adrenaline_6

Newly Enlightened
All you BULLIES and HARRASSERS that stick together can just forget about the XT11 because I will not go there anymore.

GO AWAY AND FIND SOME OTHER SUCKER TO PLAY YOUR MIND GAMES WITH.

If I get anymore of this crap I will advise the mods every time you try to "bait me".

JUST GO AWAY I AM TIRED OF CRAP AND I AM HERE TO EXCHANGE INTERESTING AND INFORMATIVE STORIES ABOUT OUR HOBBY.

I can see why CPF is losing members to the other Forum, this Forum spins your head around and is full of knuckleheads.

Whoa dude! Chill out a little bit. We all own a great light in the XT11...No ones baiting, bullying, or harassing. All is good. We are all "flashlight friends".

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have probably used the ring for it's intended purpose to hold the light in the Rogers technique more than most folks. Mine is still good.

BTW, Klarus does intend to start making the ring in metal.

Who knows, maybe all the companies have collectivley decided to ship all the defects down under.

I decided to forgo the ring altogether and just made a stiff makeshift lanyard using two zip ties.

2z9mo10.jpg

One zipped tight at the end of the barrel then snipped. Another through the first and closed outward.

When clipped to my belt I can pull the light out using the handle, or clip the handle to a carabiner.

I also have a black rubber cloth-like hair braid band wrapped around each heat sink crevice to lend some grip. And another looped and twisted in between the clip and the tailcap area.

2ujthd0.jpg

The handle also kinda makes the light look more aggressive. heh.

The small canister is OC spray with a makeshift velcro + re-purposed money clip belt clip. :D

Last edited:

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice sly put down.

What happened to all the Indians in your Country?

I don't see them walking down the streets of Colonised New York or Los Angeles.

You just can't stop putting people down instead of talking and learning about lights!!

they're Native Americans. You made a racially-insensitive remark.

And I live in a big southern city. I have a few Native American friends. :)

but seriously chill bro

TEEJ

Flashaholic
All you BULLIES and HARRASSERS that stick together can just forget about the XT11 because I will not go there anymore.

GO AWAY AND FIND SOME OTHER SUCKER TO PLAY YOUR MIND GAMES WITH.

If I get anymore of this crap I will advise the mods every time you try to "bait me".

JUST GO AWAY I AM TIRED OF CRAP AND I AM HERE TO EXCHANGE INTERESTING AND INFORMATIVE STORIES ABOUT OUR HOBBY.

I can see why CPF is losing members to the other Forum, this Forum spins your head around and is full of knuckleheads.

Dude...you're the one with the issues with us here...READ the thread....no one attacked or harassed you, at all.

If you took the joke about the colonization of Australia hard, fine, your retort that american indians were mistreated is about on line with how the Australians treated the natives there too. I'd call that a tie, your ancient ancestors and my ancient ancestors were mean to aboriginal peoples....OK?

We're even now.

If you don't want there to be crap, don't start crap, and then blame everyone else for reacting to it.

Honestly...if you read the thread...it didn't go down like you acted it did.

If you don't feel like it...at least put down the boomerang, and lets smoke a peace pipe.

:D

Last edited:

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast
For the record, I've actually been dealing with a bad switch. I was documenting it over in SelfBuilt's review thread. I know, it should be documented here.

Long story short, my switch failed and I sent it to the retailer who said they would perform any warranty work. They sort of fixed it, but it was buggy (details in the other thread) and I had to send it in to Klarus USA themselves. The darn light's been there in California for almost a month. I should note that Klarus has been pretty responsive to email though. It's just been slow. I haven't actually physically seen my Klarus XT11 since early May sometime.

And, uh, yeah, my tac ring actually came broken, new out of the box. Weird. Anyway, they are replacing that too. And the clip. I think I won't add much more to that...seems you guys have it covered! :)

gm.

A month in Cali? klaruslights.com right? (notice the "s" at the end) You should realize they are not Klarus Lighting Technology Co., Ltd. (china), but a reseller who is using the Klarus namesake for their own merchantability.

For all things Klarus people need to work with their originating authorized dealer or through klaruslight.com (china, and without the "s")

Last edited:

HaileStorm

Enlightened
For the record, I've actually been dealing with a bad switch. I was documenting it over in SelfBuilt's review thread. I know, it should be documented here.

Long story short, my switch failed and I sent it to the retailer who said they would perform any warranty work. They sort of fixed it, but it was buggy (details in the other thread) and I had to send it in to Klarus USA themselves. The darn light's been there in California for almost a month. I should note that Klarus has been pretty responsive to email though. It's just been slow. I haven't actually physically seen my Klarus XT11 since early May sometime.

And, uh, yeah, my tac ring actually came broken, new out of the box. Weird. Anyway, they are replacing that too. And the clip. I think I won't add much more to that...seems you guys have it covered! :)

gm.

It sounds as though they're replacing the whole light :D. I mean they're replacing the switch, the ring and the clip, they might as well send you a completely new light.

If it's still under warranty, try to ask if they can just replace the whole thing since it's buggy.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

Norm

Retired Administrator
Closed for very obvious reasons, another great thread destroyed by bickering members.

It's too late here for me to sort this mess out, I'm going to bed.

Thread CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.