Knife & Light pics. (Identify your images!)

franzdom

Enlightened
Re: Knife & Light pics.

Hinderer custom Wharncliffe, Tain Zenith, GearPull

IMG_0848.jpg

cowsmilk

Newly Enlightened

egadu5a9.jpg

Custom Alox with scissors, blade, and flat screwdriver/bottle opener. All tools have been stonewashed.

McGizmo Ti Mule with datLED LE.

Tain Piccolo Ti with ice blue trit and aqua glow. (In pocket travel container)

ASheep

Enlightened

Went to my cousin's wedding last week, carrying my "formal EDC": Preon limited run warm white on Ti body, Veleno 40DD and a Mcusta Kamon Tsuru

dresscarry_zpsd4da1030.jpg

Cheers,
Alex

Tracker II

Enlightened

Malkoff MD2 to MD1 conversion done by MartinDWhite with Great Eastern Cutlery Bull Nose Knife. I harvested the buck in the background last fall.

fn0o.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Tracker II

Enlightened

Tell us about the watch

I'm not sure what model Invicta it is, but it only cost about $75 (10 years ago) and keeps near perfect time. You can barely tell in the picture but it has a clear glass in the back also so you can see through it, as well as watch the mechanics of it in operation - pretty cool.

HaileStorm

Enlightened

Quick question, has anyone here heard of schrade knives, particularly the sch302 tanto?

I'm thinking of ordering one off amazon. Not that much into knives, just need one for general purpose but thia particular model looks awesome.

Monocrom

Flashaholic

Quick question, has anyone here heard of schrade knives, particularly the sch302 tanto?

I'm thinking of ordering one off amazon. Not that much into knives, just need one for general purpose but thia particular model looks awesome.

Schrade became defunct awhile ago. Solid company that made solid, quality, mostly traditional pattern knives. Old Schrade knives are now very collectible but not at obscene prices. Taylor Cutlery bought the Schrade name. Now, they can legally put the Schrade name on mostly cheap, junk, folding knives which are made in China.

The only Schrade-branded product out of China that I have is their tactical pen (Gen. 1 version). Actually, it's a quality pen that is surprisingly comfortable for writing. As for their knives? Forget it. Unless you've stumbled onto one of the knives made by the old Schrade company, look elsewhere.

HaileStorm

Enlightened

Schrade became defunct awhile ago. Solid company that made solid, quality, mostly traditional pattern knives. Old Schrade knives are now very collectible but not at obscene prices. Taylor Cutlery bought the Schrade name. Now, they can legally put the Schrade name on mostly cheap, junk, folding knives which are made in China.

The only Schrade-branded product out of China that I have is their tactical pen (Gen. 1 version). Actually, it's a quality pen that is surprisingly comfortable for writing. As for their knives? Forget it. Unless you've stumbled onto one of the knives made by the old Schrade company, look elsewhere.

Okay, got it thanks! So what would be a good knife to have? I don't intend to collect, I just need one for general use and camping. I'd like to have a folding knife without reaching for my leatherman preferably in the $30-40 range.

Monocrom

Flashaholic

Okay, got it thanks! So what would be a good knife to have? I don't intend to collect, I just need one for general use and camping. I'd like to have a folding knife without reaching for my leatherman preferably in the $30-40 range.

I'd recommend a Kabar Dozier folding knife in that price range. Very good value. Thumb-stud or thumb-hole opener, lock-back, carry-clip. Lightweight and thin. Excellent EDC knife. If you need more suggestions, feel free to start a stand-alone topic in the "Knives" section of the Personal gadgetry & Non-Flashlight Electronics sub-form here on CPF. (You'll get more responses from more members than in a post buried in a 61 page photo topic.)

oregon

Enlightened

fkmx.jpg
3f2k.jpg
Ceramic folder and Luci inflatable solar Light (three modes are subdued, bright and flashing): 1.31 ounces + 3.53 ounces = 4.84 combined ounces = pretty light weight to pack around. $8 + $17 = not above my pay grade to own.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nifty little lantern. How many lumens does it output approximately?

oregon

Enlightened

It is isn't it. It collapses into a disk when you remove the air and will fit into my pocket. However, I doubt that I would ever carry it there but it is portable. I can't estimate lumens. I can read by it easily. You can navigate stairs without issue. It lights up a small room so you can see what is in the room. Funny but the power went out for the first time in a long time the day before it arrived in the mail so I've had no real trial use yet. Just fiddling with it so far. I've had it outside overnight in the cold, wind and rain yet no leakage or trouble. It is very lite weight so it can easily be blown away in a gale if it isn't securely attached to something. It is the kind of thing you could send off into the night sky with a helium balloon or two like a luminous message in a bottle sort of thing. I can imagine that it would be a blessing to have this in place of an expensive kerosene lantern spewing noxious gas into a hut/shack/shelter. There is an African doctor visiting a local church this month. It would be interesting to set him up with a dozen and see how they do on a real job. Who is the manufacturer in China?

ASheep

Enlightened

toughcombo_zps790a80c3.jpg

This is my unbreakable combo: Ra Twisty 85Tr and BK-2. Sorry about the terrible picture, I just received the 18650 tube in the mail and snapped a photo!

Cheers,
Alex

HaileStorm

Enlightened

I'd recommend a Kabar Dozier folding knife in that price range. Very good value. Thumb-stud or thumb-hole opener, lock-back, carry-clip. Lightweight and thin. Excellent EDC knife. If you need more suggestions, feel free to start a stand-alone topic in the "Knives" section of the Personal gadgetry & Non-Flashlight Electronics sub-form here on CPF. (You'll get more responses from more members than in a post buried in a 61 page photo topic.)

I didn't know there was a "knives" section here in CPF :what: he he! Will check that one out, sounds sweet! Thanks monocrom!