L0-Ti Arrived.........Holy Crap!!

FsTop

Enlightened
After 4000-5000 180-degree twists, with lube and clean cycles every couple of hundred twists, mine wasn't getting any smoother, so I finally tried the teflon tape as recommended elsewhere, and it works.

The twisty finally feels like it ought to, although I suspect that the tape will need replacement with each battery.

Anglepoise

Flashlight Enthusiast
The machining on my T0 was just about perfect but even with breaking in,
the nature of Ti coupled with the spring and 'O' ring will give a pretty rough twist.
I have used Teflon tape on all my twisties and it is a huge improvement.

fnmag

Flashlight Enthusiast
Frank, glad you like the new Lo-Ti. If you really want to see it flicker...stand on your left foot whilst wearing a combat boot on your right foot, at the same time chew on a lemon that has a liberal dose of cayenne red pepper sprinkled on it and point the light at a 17 degree angle from the horizontal at a perriwinkle colored wall all the while singing Blue Moon and you'll see it flicker! :crackup: :laughing: Enjoy your new light, it's a keeper.

Moonknight

Newly Enlightened
Frank, thanks for the reply. You could be right on the titanium.

FsTop and Anglepoise, thanks for the tip. I assume that just one round of teflon tape on the threads?

Thanks guys!

havand

Enlightened
I have the L0P-SE and the L0P-Ti. To me, they look the same brightness, at least inside. I don' know about outside. The L0P-Ti has a much more vanilla or creamy color and the SE has a much more blueish purple hue. I don't know, maybe its the thought of having a $120 (What it cost me to get it) keychain light in college or my perception of value between the SE and the Ti, bu mine is still in the box while i try to decide what to do with it. :/

Anglepoise

Flashlight Enthusiast
Moonknight said:
I assume that just one round of teflon tape on the threads?

Thanks guys!

First clean the threads well so the Teflon tape will not move.
Then use the white ( 0.001" ) or pink (0.003" ) Teflon tape and stretch it while wrapping ONE layer with a 1/4" overlap. Then carefully remove any excess making sure that the electrical path is not compromised.

This mod will only work if there is a little 'slop' in the tread fit to start with.

teflon-1.jpg

Last edited:

dchao

Enlightened
havand said:
The L0P-Ti has a much more vanilla or creamy color and the SE has a much more blueish purple hue.
L0-Ti has the guaranteed W0 tint, which is vanilla color.
The SE should have a standard T bin LED, yours probably TY0 something.....
Blue tint is usually brighter as the phosphor layer is thinner, and allowing more blue light to come through.

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got my #039 from BrightGuy ALREADY :)

Yes, the tint of the beam takes on the body color :)

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
I highly recommend cleaning the threads. I looked under magnification and saw quite a few particles of metal. This is the reason for the rough operation. When I used a q-tip and alcohol, the q-tip sparkled from the flakes.

tron3

Banned
tron3 DO NOT create another post whose sole purpose is to link to or refer to another thread or post on the board.

Unforgiven

Last edited by a moderator:

tron3

Banned
fnmag said:
Frank, glad you like the new Lo-Ti. If you really want to see it flicker...stand on your left foot whilst wearing a combat boot on your right foot, at the same time chew on a lemon that has a liberal dose of cayenne red pepper sprinkled on it and point the light at a 17 degree angle from the horizontal at a perriwinkle colored wall all the while singing Blue Moon and you'll see it flicker! :crackup: :laughing: Enjoy your new light, it's a keeper.

That didn't work, even when I faced Mekka. :rant:

But I did try the low setting on a mini fan, and was able to see the blades spin. Works even if you don't face Mekka.

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast
EngrPaul said:
I highly recommend cleaning the threads. I looked under magnification and saw quite a few particles of metal. This is the reason for the rough operation. When I used a q-tip and alcohol, the q-tip sparkled from the flakes.

Same here - I was surprised at how much waste was left in the threads. Still, a cool light.

dchao

Enlightened
I followed the above instructions for cleaning the threads, and then used a toothpick once more. Now the twist action is much much better now. Thanks for all the sugguestions.