• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Large wave of LunaSol 20's **SOLD OUT **

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Re: Large wave of LunaSol 20's

This is truly the most versatile light Don has designed so far IMHO. The addition of the 3mm LEDs makes a HUGE difference and offers a great potential in everyday use. And the size factor is quite acceptable, too, which was the LS27's biggest weakness.

bernie

WTH

Newly Enlightened

I'm sure this has been answered elsewhere but I can't seem to find it. Are the 3mm leds blue-purplish like an Arc AAA?

I love the tint from the seoul in my PD-S and although the floody beam sounds enticing, it would be hard to go from a nice yellow beam to a purple one.

Kiessling

Flashaholic

No, it is a cool white beam, not a purple one. At least this is the case with mine and it is also what others have said. The tint is well matched with the main gun of the light which is also cool white.
bernie

WTH

Newly Enlightened

Thanks Bernie. That's what I was hoping to hear!

js

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm sure this has been answered elsewhere but I can't seem to find it. Are the 3mm leds blue-purplish like an Arc AAA?

I love the tint from the seoul in my PD-S and although the floody beam sounds enticing, it would be hard to go from a nice yellow beam to a purple one.

The low beam from the LS20 is way better than the beam from the Arc AAA, in all ways. It is more white and more even, less artifacty, better at rendering colors, etc. That said, if you put it side by side with your PD-S, you will notice that it is cooler/bluer (but in no way purple!) than the Seoul. However, you won't notice that at all in use. Or at least I don't. In use, all I notice is how much more useful and pleasing the LS20 low is vs. the low from the PD-S. I started out with an LS20, and only recently got a Ti-PD-S, and I can tell you it was a real shock and no small let down to go from the LS20 low beam to the Ti-PD-S low beam! There's no contest. The LS20 low is so much more useful. The only exception would be if you were someone who wanted (for whatever reason) a low beam with throw to it.

The high beam of the LS20, while not quite as good as the PD-S, is nearly as good, especially when you just use the lights. Side by side you will notice the better tint of the light from the seoul. However, in use, you won't find the LS20 high lacking. If you just grabbed either one, not knowing which it was, and turned it on high immediately for some lighting task, it would take a few moments before your brain would process the situation and tell you which light you had grabbed. Not so with the low beam comparison.

I've given the Ti-PD-S a fair shake over the past month or so, but in my opinion (YMMV) the LS20 is a significant step up from the Ti-PD-S.

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Anybody else spending today regretting that they didn't spring the extra couple bucks for overnight or 2-day? Impatience really is a shortcoming of mine.

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Makes me wish I sent it to the house. I send things this pricey to the office. No need to take the chance leaving it in from of the house.

Vitet

Newly Enlightened

Email sent Don :twothumbs
overnight or 2-day

Last edited:

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast

I want one to compliment my Ti PD-S. I have one question before ordering: How does the finishing quality compare to your previous lights? Your comments sound a little like a warning (probably not intended, but hey, I'm paranoid). I don't need perfection, but I want to check before ordering.

Sorry for checking, but I don't remember any such warning on previous threads.

As an owner of 4 lunasol flashlights as well as several other of Don's titanium flashlights I am of the opinion that the Lunasol is machined to a very high standard. The fit and finish is second to none. The 4 that I have are all very close in terms of fit and finish. Yes there may be the odd tool mark and or slight finish imperfection. If you plan on using this light then it will matter not.
Disclaimer: the lights that I own were likely made at a different time than the units being produced today. The current units could be better (I don't see how) or worse (I doubt it).

The Lunasol 20 that I have been EDC'ing since the day I got it, looks as good as it did on the day I received it. It looked excellent then and still does today 4,5 or 6 months later.

Quite simply the Lunasol 20 is a rockin flashlight.
Buy one you can't go wrong.
Yaesumofo

The Coach

Enlightened

OK, now I regret it. This is the second time the USPS has let me down. I guess Hawaii has drifted outside the 3 day range. :thinking:

bamabenz

Newly Enlightened

OK, now I regret it. This is the second time the USPS has let me down. I guess Hawaii has drifted outside the 3 day range. :thinking:

You and me both. Next time I ask for Fedex.

McGizmo

Flashaholic

Coach,
In all fairness to the USPS, I may have gotten the first and large load of these into them too late to catch the truck to the airport. I pushed it to the wire wanting to get as many of these off as I could and it might well be my fault. Every postal employee I have dealt with over here has been great with a very helpful manner and attitude. Obviously I can't speak for all of the USPS employees or all of their locations and groups but the service within the island and to and from has been great and when you factor in the cost VS the other shipment methods, I don't think they can be beat. For certain, Fed EX can be faster but at a premium price and I have to take the package to a drop point before 11:00 AM local time, Monday - Friday. USPS has planes that leave the island on Saturday and possibly even Sunday.

souptree

Flashlight Enthusiast

yaesu speaks the truth! Don't be afraid of Don's warning. These lights are incredible! ;)