Leadlight Models

Jaffa

Newly Enlightened
I currently have a normal Leadlight Green laser pointer <5mW without the power control feature. A friend of mine wants to buy that laser pointer from me. I am then going to get myself a new leadlight green pointer, but instead of the black shelled pointer I had I am wanting to get a silver shelled pointer (if you know what I mean).

What I want to know is which laser pointer will be more powerfull and more reliable. A normal leadlight without the power control feature, or a leadlight with the power control feature, eg: http://www.luckyduck.com/lasers/apc.php

jkaiser3000

Enlightened
if you want a powerfull laser, I'd have to say go for the one without the power control feature (105). If you want reliability, go for the power control feature (110).

I guess it all comes down to what you want to use it for.

my thoughts

Jaffa

Newly Enlightened
How much power difference will there be in an UNMODED 105 and an UNMODED 110?

UNMODED = Not Modified BTW. . .

Last edited:

jkaiser3000

Enlightened
How much power difference will there be in an UNMODED 105 and an UNMODED 110?

There probably would not be much difference between the two. They're <5mw pointers after all. But the real difference can be seen when it's time to mod, with the 105 being a lot easier to mod than the 110. Just pop the button cover, turn the pot, and you're done.

After the potmod, you could end up with, typically, 15-25mw

Jaffa

Newly Enlightened
This was a double post... Please Delete...

Last edited:

Jaffa

Newly Enlightened
Well, I do not want to mod any of these two lasers... I will buy a 110 for myself and sell the 105 to my friend. I had a 105 before the 105 I will sell and I broke it with this mod... So yeah, anyways, I just want a laser for basically presentations (people are impressed with my greenie)...

DCFluX

Newly Enlightened
The lucky duck APC is a cheap solution, but the power output leaves a lot to be desired. The only mod I could come up with was to remove the current limiting transistor and jumper the trace to ground, and that got it a little brighter, but after some use and when the diode heats up it sort of goes into a lock up and gets really dim and draws way too much current.

I should also mention that it is a total pain to get the laser open to where you can start playing as well.

scottyk1991

Newly Enlightened
i bought the lucky duck apc laser pointer
at night i can see the beam ok and in dark rooms
i think its pretty weak considering the pictures of lasers I've seen on the internet
it is my first laser and i have no idea how to mod it
i saw many pot mod pictures and i tried it on mine
there is a little black thing that wont move and it doesnt look like there is that thing that you turn under it
can anyone please help me?
any help would be appretiated.

cactiking

Newly Enlightened
I bought the very same type of laser. After you remove the switch cover all you have to do is drill a hole in the upper right hand corner of the plastic you see with a knife. DO THIS VERY CAREFULLY AND PATIENTLY! If you drill a hole away from the pot (the thing you turn) you can just move the plastic until the hole is over the pot. then take a screwdriver (not a phillips, it works better with the regular screwdriver) and turn it a quarter turn clockwise very slowly. Because the luckyduck lasers have APC, when you use them, it starts off real bright, then gets dimmer after a few seconds. just turn off the laser and turn it back on for it to be bright again.

scottyk1991

Newly Enlightened
thank you so much
im not sure how to do it though
can you send me a picture?
my email is [email protected]
would a dremmel work to make the hole or not?
how much will it enhance it by?
i love my laser alot and i dont want to mess it up at all

Kiessling

Flashaholic
scottyk1991 ... welcome to CPF :) ... and you might want to think twice about posting your e-mail in the open on a non-restricted forum like this.
You could post it like scotty1991k(at)yahoo(dot)com to avoid the bots at least partially ...
bernhard