LED Resources in the USA?

Robear

Newly Enlightened
Greetings all! :thumbsup:

I'm wondering where people are getting their LEDs these days?
It seems like I either have to buy bulk in the US or I can buy one LED from Hong Kong and wait 1-2 months.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also Mountain Electronics. Between those two, you have most options covered. Both carry a variety of LEDs.

videoman

Enlightened
Although not in US, you can check out Cutter in Australia https://www.cutter.com.au/
They ship fast and usually get them within 7 to 10 days in US. I always buy from them for particular hard to find ones.
They are reliable.

mds82

Enlightened
some of the larger distributors in the USA are Mouser.com , Arrow.com, Digikey.com, Newark.com . Arrow is normally just does full reals however

Jakefreese

Newly Enlightened
Big problem I found with the US suppliers was finding LED mounted on stars. I buy from cutter a lot. Mountain electronics looks like they have a good selection. One of the companies arrow bought out used to be the hot ticket for LED supplies until arrow got a hold of them. Digikey has a good selection, fast shipping, but typically not on stars, and I can't seem to find the bare stars when I need to.

Robear

Newly Enlightened
Big problem I found with the US suppliers was finding LED mounted on stars. I buy from cutter a lot. Mountain electronics looks like they have a good selection. One of the companies arrow bought out used to be the hot ticket for LED supplies until arrow got a hold of them. Digikey has a good selection, fast shipping, but typically not on stars, and I can't seem to find the bare stars when I need to.

Are the stars just a chunk of metal cut out?