Lights you sleep with

Marlinaholic

Newly Enlightened
Nitecore Extreme Q5 on the nightstand keeping my 38 (Super in a Colt or Special in a S&W :naughty:) and CQC-7 company. Really nice light, but for some reason I almost never carry it, it's my emergency nightstand light. Surefire E2L and Fenix LD10 a few feet away. Sometimes I even fall asleep with a light in bed with me :shakehead:crazy:. Last night my 6P w/R2 drop in migrated from under the pillow to under my arm and kinda woke me up so I had to move it back to under the pillow. Glad to see I'm not the only one who "behaves" this way. So what's wrong with all of us :thinking: Some would say afraid of the dark, but oddly I find I'm not afraid of the dark, since getting into flashlights its quite the opposite, I seek it out to test my lights! :laughing: Oh well, if you have to be addicted to something, flashlights are one of the better choices out there!:grin2:

IllumiCat

Newly Enlightened
I've got a Hummer shake LED flashlight because it doesn't take batteries and is nice and dim but makes it easy to see. Great for getting water at night. I also have an Inova X5 and some cheapo-depot lights on the nightstand.

I'd probably keep my maglite 6D nearby too if I could find a good place to put it. While my 6D would make for a great club, my S&W is also on my nightstand. It does work better though when there is light, since aiming in the dark is hard.

Howecollc

Enlightened
A vintage Ray-O-Vac Sportsman 2D with RCR18500s and a Reflectalite GH-24 bulb putting out around 14 watts is under the extra pillow. That, and a Firestar .45 ACP.

Kiwi_sg

Newly Enlightened
Surefire-A2-Blue with blue NiteGlow trit attached to lanyard ring and Ra-Twisty-Tr. Ultra low red is great for keeping night adapted vision.

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
First post after lurking for a while :whistle:

I sleep with my Tk11 R2 (literally next to me in my bed)
And have a D4 Maglite on the floor just next to my bed for a quick reach and grab.

I sometimes have my 2AA mag with niteize led 'upgrade' next to me incase i just want some really soft light

:devil:

Zdenka

Newly Enlightened
My Bedside light is one that I can bet MY LIFE on. When things go bump in the night, I reach for my Surefire L4. It's built like a Tank, ubber bright, and has no silly user-interface which can cost your life. Just Press fully to blind the enemy.

If it's good enough for thousands of U.S soldiers in IRAQ who depend their lives on it, and other battle-proven war zones, then it's good enough for me. :popcorn:This light is no toy.. it's war-zone proven... it's potentially a life saver.

Last edited:

Howecollc

Enlightened
All this talk of using an EDC light as a weapon. William Peterson barely stopped the Tooth Fairy with five .44 slugs, but your sleepy *** is going to get the best of him with a flashlight?

Post not necessarily aimed at Zdenka.

Last edited:

Zdenka

Newly Enlightened
Zdenka here! heheh, :grin2: Well, I tend to take my life seriously! Anyways, I think having a light designed for "When the Sh*t hits the fan" scenario, will increase my chances of coming out alive. Surefire L4 is the one for me ;)

That's why I'll never choose a pure twisty light for my bedside. They're too cumbersome activate in an emergency.

Howecollc

Enlightened
I definitely agree with your dislike of the twisty tailcaps. I've never owned a Surefire that wasn't an E-series clicky, until I recently ordered a 6P. I didn't care for the feel of the switch in temporary flash mode at all; nor was I impressed with the fit, finish, or look of the light when compared to the E-series. It's being sent back.

My favorite light is also the L4, but I use it far too much to risk leaving it under the pillow by accident. It always stays outdoors in my vehicle, which is where I spend most of my time.

Zdenka

Newly Enlightened
My favorite light is also the L4, but I use it far too much to risk leaving it under the pillow by accident. It always stays outdoors in my vehicle, which is where I spend most of my time.

You can always get another one! :nana:

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
First post after lurking for a while :whistle:

I sleep with my Tk11 R2 (literally next to me in my bed)
And have a D4 Maglite on the floor just next to my bed for a quick reach and grab.

I sometimes have my 2AA mag with niteize led 'upgrade' next to me incase i just want some really soft light

:devil:

Welcome to CPF. I too lurked for quite awhile before posting. I use a Mako AAA on a breakawaay neck lanyard for my soft light. Always with me at night. It gets changed out for a MJP Extreme III for daytime use.

Bill

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Usually an ML1 is nearby. Easy to turn on and not too searing on low for night adapted eyes. See current avatar.

Last edited:

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hanging from one of the bedposts at the head end of my bed is an energizer 4xAAA '2-mode' light that I modded with a Lux III. It used to have a 5mm LED and could switch between spot and flood - I fitted the lux III mostly out of boredom but it turned out to be quite a good mod.

On the nightstand there is a surefire 6P, nuwai X3, a generic 9 LED 4xAA and a 0.5W 1xAAA nuwai. Plenty of lights to quickly spot a bump-in-the-night but if I have to get out of bed I'll grab something more beefy from my desk!

I don't really sleep with a light in the bed. It would get broken as it's a cabin bed (the bottom part is a desk) so it would fall to the floor. For night time trips to the bathroom I conveniently hang a few fauxtons from some hooks near the door - and these are conveniently above a control panel that has a couple of ever-glowing status LEDs so easy to find in the dark :) (the control panel is for a home-made 12V LED room lighting system I put together for power outages - http://www.zipplet.co.uk/postimgs/backupsystem/controlbox.jpg - the one visible in that pic is actually a photon freedom)

Edit: The nightstand is actually the top shelf of a floorstanding shelf unit that conveniently just about reaches the same height as the bed!

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm bumping an old thread after being away for a while and doing a forum search.

I use one of these, links amended now...

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...rch-%A31.50-with-quot-night-glow-quot-feature

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...amp-Mk2-%A31.50-(-2.75)&p=1599195#post1599195

which I lay on it's side, and shine through my glass of water, in night glow mode, ie off, let's me see where the water is at night, and is bright enough to give a dim illumination onto bedroom wall.

Same effects with Safelight Palight I have, but mine is just that little bit brighter in night mode.

Last edited:

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have *bedfellows!* I always have a Surefire G2, A Fenix TK70 in a bag with 4 spare batteries, and I have my trusty Novatac. These lights do all I need. I have lots of lights, but don't put them in the bed! I have modded hotwires and LEDs everywhere around the house. But these queens sleep with me!

Richub

Enlightened
AbvidLED: Your two links are dead...

The only lights I take with me in my bedroom are the lights in my jeans pockets: Fenix E15, LD01 and E05.
I actually used that E05 last night to catch a big European garden spider that woke me up by falling on my face. I didn't kill it, but just put it outside.

Last edited:

JacobJones

Enlightened
I had a maglite solitaire under my pillow one night (when I was unenlightened). When I woke up I was amazed how uncomfortable lying on a maglite solitaire is. Glad I found out that sleeping with torches is a bad idea before I took something with a strike bezel to bed

dajab77

Newly Enlightened
I was curious to see what a European garden spider looked like. See Richub post above. WOW. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_garden_spider

I usually have my HDS Executive 140 in its tritium collar on the nightstand. The trit lights up the area and I can make a quick grab. Also have a Jetbeam RRT-2 Raptor on high setting ready to go.

Last edited: