LionHeart HA3 Now Building

Status
Not open for further replies.

Topper

Flashaholic*
Re: More LionHeart HA3 Build Pics

Trev1960,Should work but less runtime No clue as to how much less.
I have a cell or two of the 150s and 150a and have 1 150a coming with the LionHeart I will double check when I get it.
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Topper said:
Trev1960,Should work but less runtime No clue as to how much less.
I have a cell or two of the 150s and 150a and have 1 150a coming with the LionHeart I will double check when I get it.
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

150a's have 1200mah
150s's have 1000mah

150s's have about 83% of the 150a's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Leow

Newly Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Trev1960 said:
Do the Pila 150s batteries work ok in the LH? I know the capacity is lower, but was wondering ig the reduced width would cause any problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

Somewhere in the myriad of threads on the LH Mr Bulk said yes!

(edit - that's Yes in the sense that they do work)
LeoW

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

Ninja, naw, sorry, unless you specifically ordered a ser. no. (at the cost of a $10 head-spinnin' fee fer pickin'em out from a sea of nearly 300 other lights), you will basically get what you gonna get as my hands pass over the pile and pull the very next one on top. I promise that you'll get A serial number and of course the "Made In Hawaii" engraving is standard.

ALSO it was just discovered a few days ago (haven't made this public yet) that there are a few serial numbers going ABOVE "301" (which was the CNC shop owner's own pick - yes, he had to have a LionHeart, too!) but not released because of "inscription defects" - turns out (I bought'em all of course and just got them in the mail today) that the upper half of the "H" in the word "LI-ON HEART" around the endcap logo is missing. Everything else perfect and the serials are running in broken sequence (only four of these) from 302 through 309 or something like that (not typing this from home so can't check).

I have already gotten more boards on the way to make up these few additional, uh - "rare"? "collectable"? - ones, with either TWOJ or TYAJ/OJ Luxeon IIIs going into them, and I will likely offer them up in a bit at a slightly inflated price (hey, maybe on e-bay?) after the main batches of lights are done being delivered.

Trev, the 150S's will work just fine. A little less capacity than the 150A's but with all the brightness and 64 bazillion electronic features of the originals.

jaids and bindi, see above. BTW bindi, I believe we're all squared away and the package will be shipping direct to you...as soon as I get some dang batteries, that is!

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast

Charlie maybe you should put a 5watt in those "special" LH above 301. That would be sweet if the boards can support that. I will be in to buy one of those bad boys if it had a 5watter in there.

Curtis.

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*

Ooooooohhh nooo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Another rare, collectable, Mr Bulk Flashlight /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif A little like collectable coins having a defect? When will you stop emptying my purse? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Please, Charlie, don't make new flashlight before one or two years, I can't follow any more /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

Don't worry guys, I have no intention of making another flashlight. Because a "keychain light" is different, right?

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
cue003 said:
Charlie maybe you should put a 5watt in those "special" LH above 301. That would be sweet if the boards can support that. I will be in to buy one of those bad boys if it had a 5watter in there.

Curtis.

[/ QUOTE ]

From my understanding you would need to run the light off 2 x LiIons then

Klaus

DavidR

Newly Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
MR Bulk said:
Don't worry guys, I have no intention of making another flashlight. Because a "keychain light" is different, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

A keychain light is completely different. This is a great idea for the next build /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sakugenken

Newly Enlightened

Just saw the battery up-date (on a different time zone here) and just wanted to chime in with others in saying thanks for the updates. My LionHeart will get here when it gets here, no worries.

RH

Enlightened

A keychain light would be great!

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast

A Keychain light , done right as Mr.Bulk only can, would be awesome. Really, the only keychain light I'd really like to carry with me on a keychain is one of those made by tvodrd. Those are sweet.

Arcs/peaks aren't bright enough, ff/ff2 is too big, keylux is a sweet light but I'd like better regulation.

Please put me down for #13 and if they go high enough #666.

Tritium or some other 'find me' feature (additional tiny flashing LED?) is trully the cat's meow for something that will get carried on keys. Have you guys seen the motion sensing keychain led lights that strobe when shaken?

Make it Lithium Ion please.....

Amorphous

Enlightened

Keychain light is the next logical evolution... yeah go mini!!

My Suggested Ideals:

* Length should be 2.5 inches/64mm or under
* Diameter 1/2" 13mm
* Power by rechargeable AAA or N or custom lithium
* External recharging by inductance (without taking out battery)
* Titanium body or 7000 series Aluminum w/ Titanium Nitride coating
* 8 or more hours run time before 50%
* create a visual window in the body with GTLS illumination technology (Gaseous Tritium Light Source)
* Luxeon + Laser pointer combo

I guess that it for now.. anybody with additional bright ideas please chip in.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wow.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wow.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*

[ QUOTE ]
xochi said:
A Keychain light , done right as Mr.Bulk only can, would be awesome. Really, the only keychain light I'd really like to carry with me on a keychain is one of those made by tvodrd. Those are sweet.

Arcs/peaks aren't bright enough, ff/ff2 is too big, keylux is a sweet light but I'd like better regulation.

Please put me down for #13 and if they go high enough #666.

Tritium or some other 'find me' feature (additional tiny flashing LED?) is trully the cat's meow for something that will get carried on keys. Have you guys seen the motion sensing keychain led lights that strobe when shaken?

Make it Lithium Ion please.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Charlie, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif , a keychain light /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif, count me in /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif, but only if I can have #13 (Xochi /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif), but please not a $300 Keychain /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Prolepsis

Enlightened

Hmm, this is the second time Mr. Bulky has dropped hints about a wee keychain light. I'm in! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif

This will probably dethrone my beloved TNC N cell. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Abbey_Lad

Newly Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Amorphous said:
Keychain light is the next logical evolution... yeah go mini!!

My Suggested Ideals:

* Length should be 2.5 inches/64mm or under
* Diameter 1/2" 13mm
* Power by rechargeable AAA or N or custom lithium
* External recharging by inductance (without taking out battery)
* Titanium body or 7000 series Aluminum w/ Titanium Nitride coating
* 8 or more hours run time before 50%
* create a visual window in the body with GTLS illumination technology (Gaseous Tritium Light Source)
* Luxeon + Laser pointer combo

I guess that it for now.. anybody with additional bright ideas please chip in.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wow.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wow.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Gentlemen please, please let Mr Bulk finish the LH's that he has already, then let him have a break. ( Maybe a week /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif) Then he can start on the microLH keychain.

Seriously I'd love to be on the list for such an item, but it's not up to us. Mr Bulk and the HAT have done an excellent job with the LH, time now to say whoa, stop.

Please accept my apologies Charlie if I'm speaking out of turn.

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm all for Mr. Bulk taking a break but break or not , I'd be willing to bet that during his relaxation his mind finds lots of time to speculate and ruminate over the interesting possibilities of his next project.

Oh Yeah, I'm with Frenchy on this, no 300.00 Keychain lights, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.