• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired LionHeart/LionCub 168A Body 3rd Run Interest?

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Otokoyama said:
I've been told that the LionHeart 168A body, though fitting, is not an optimal fit for the LionCub. Please let me know if you want the 168A for the LionHeart or LionCub, as there may be two different models.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oto, what would be the difference between the two? I assume a LionHeart 168A tube will still work on the LionCub, right?

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Could the less than optimal fit be related to the o-ring design change on the LionCub?

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmmm... From Charlie's picture below, it seems that the standard LionHeart 168A will fit the LionCub's "engine" without any gaps. It's only when you try fitting the smaller R123 body onto the LionHeart head that you see a gap. So, I'm wondering what would be the difference between a LionCub versus a LionHeart 168A body.

Cub-FrankenLine.jpg

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm pretty sure that I'm right about the the o-ring design change being the culprit.

Charlie posted an exploded view of the Lion cub in LIONCUB UPDATE THREAD - PT. 2 (1st post, second picture).

The o-ring for the LC body is positioned on the body, just past the threads. Replace the LC body with a LionHeart body and the o-ring is effectively lost. I'd say that qualifies for less than optimal! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

It also explains the visible difference in the fit, as shown in the picture you referenced. I bet the gap in the LH head/LC body combo is caused by the LH head having the o-ring up by the board, along with the LC o-ring on the body. I think the gap is actually showing us the LC's black o-ring in the LH head/ LC body combo.

Of course, it would be a simple matter to put an o-ring on a LionHeart body to regain water resistance, but would the light work then? And how long with the o-ring last if it was sitting on the threads, being compressed?

Darn those design improvements! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Radagast

Enlightened
I just received the LionHeart version but I bought it for the cub. Should I put it back on BST and get on the list for the cub version?

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
BuddTX said:
[ QUOTE ]
BuddTX said:
1 HA Natural

Thank you for making a 3rd run!

[/ QUOTE ]

UPDATED Quanity - I decided I want two so,

I would like:

2 HA Natural

Thanks,

BuddTX

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Otokoyama said:
I've been told that the LionHeart 168A body, though fitting, is not an optimal fit for the LionCub. Please let me know if you want the 168A for the LionHeart or LionCub, as there may be two different models.

[/ QUOTE ]

Otokoyama,

Thanks for paying attention to the details.

My two 168A's are for the LionCUB

Otokoyama

Enlightened
We're right around 50. This is enough for a run, but not enough to get the price that I originally proposed ($43) which would take a quantity of 80 to 100.

Since it appears that more people are looking for 168A bodies for their future LionCub, I'll revise the body design to fit the LionCub better and still fit the LionHeart, though for the latter water resistance may be lost (i.e. remove the o-ring).

Also, I suspect that people need to receive their LionCubs before they'll appreciate the 168A more. (The 2nd run of the LH 168A was almost 3x that of the 1st run.) So, I won't be rushing into 168A body production just yet.

lmcmann

Newly Enlightened
I need to update my post to:

1BLK for LC
1NAT for LC

1bare for ST? (this is just speculation folks, don't take it to the rumor mill)

I love that you're waiting until we get our LCs in our hands. I have a feeling that this is going to explode once people actually have them to play with. Thanks for modifying them to fit perfectly as well. I must say, everything you do is a totally class act.

Thanks, Larry

Otokoyama

Enlightened
I'll take money orders when this is finally offered.

I've worked out a design that should work equally well for both the LionCub and LionHeart, with no compromise in water resistance.

Since the LionHeart battery has a larger diameter than the LionCub battery, there's not much room for an o-ring while keeping the minimum battery tube wall thickness >= .05" as I prefer for aluminum, but (with help) may have found an o-ring supplier who can provide one of the proper width and internal diameter.

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sound great, Otokoyama!

Glad you appear to have found a workable solution with a single design.