• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired LionHeart/LionCub 168A Body 3rd Run Interest?

CPFMan

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Otokoyama said:

I've worked out a design that should work equally well for both the LionCub and LionHeart, with no compromise in water resistance.

Since the LionHeart battery has a larger diameter than the LionCub battery, there's not much room for an o-ring while keeping the minimum battery tube wall thickness >= .05" as I prefer for aluminum, but (with help) may have found an o-ring supplier who can provide one of the proper width and internal diameter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Otokoyama,

I received my 2nd run. One black. One natural. Will these work with the upcoming lioncub without compromising water resistance if provided with said o ring supplier mentioned in your quotes. Or do I have to order a 3rd run? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Otokoyama

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
CPFMan said:I received my 2nd run. ... Will these work with the upcoming lioncub without compromising water resistance if provided with said o ring supplier mentioned in your quotes. Or do I have to order a 3rd run? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]The 1st and 2nd run 168A tubes were designed expressly for the LionHeart. They will "work" with the LionCub but not without compromising water resistance nor danger of damaging edges that aren't designed to mate. As there is no o-ring groove in the 1st and 2nd run tubes, there is no way to utilize the new o-ring that will be used for the LionCub tubes.

Radagast

Enlightened
What logo will be on them? How about no logo? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Otokoyama

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Radagast said:What logo will be on them? How about no logo? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]These will have no logo, as they could be used for either LionHeart or LionCub.

The anodizing and Allodyning obviously costs, and in fact the anodizing cost went up a few months ago.

If the entire run was in bare aluminum, I might be able to offer these for $33 each, besides getting done two to three weeks sooner.

Radagast

Enlightened
I'd rather have it match the LC if that's ok.

Will it also have an hourglass figure like the LC stock battery pack? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Otokoyama

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Radagast said:Will it also have an hourglass figure like the LC stock battery pack? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

[/ QUOTE ]As (I think) I've said before, the LC stock battery isn't nearly as wide as the 168A. It doesn't leave much room for the hourglass shape, unless you like them plump. I'm planning on having the same external design as the 1st and 2nd run LionHeart 168A battery tubes.

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe MR Bulk posted in his Lioncub update thread the only fitment issues were with the O ring and that this could be moved with the tubes. Am I wrong? This may be a big issue considering many owners of both lights may have planned on switching 150a tubes around and not just 168a tubes.

Perhaps I should be asking this in his thread, however it would be nice to have a final word. Thanks

Otokoyama

Enlightened
I am not following the LionCub thread. My sole focus is on the 168A body, and I'll design this particular 3rd run body to be compatible with both LionHeart and LionCub. However, the proof is in the machining.

Radagast

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Otokoyama said:
unless you like them plump.

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
This will be a single design that will fit both the LC and the LH correct?

1 HA-Nat for the LC
1 Bare Alum

Thanks.

Curtis

Otokoyama

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
cue003 said:This will be a single design that will fit both the LC and the LH correct?

[/ QUOTE ]That's the intent.

fore

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I'm in for 1, maybe 2. I was wondering, if I ordered 1 HA and 1 bare, would the bare tube be shipped faster and at a cheaper price? Thanks.

Luma_Max

Newly Enlightened
Interested in 1 Black for the Cub, but also may be used for the Heart. Also 1 natural, 1 bare aluminum, and 1 brass - 4 total.

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope this is my last "want " post but, here goes...2 bare aluminum for use on LH and LC (?), one black for LionCub and one natural for Lion Cub