List of Flashlight Brands adopted or used by gov agencies or large private groups?

jezzyp

Enlightened
Yorkshire Police UK also have black 2AA maglite as standard issue. They are engraved "Property of West Yorkshire Police"

KeeperSD

Enlightened
No wonder this country is going broke....all those CR123's we have to keep paying for...:)

No that would be because the Federal Police keep on pilfering all the state Police with higher pay packets :sigh:

I actually told her that she should look into a rechargeable set up, but she was content to buy bulk packets of 123's from the internet :thinking:

Lightraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Streamlight Stinger
4 D Mag
2 D Mag
Surefire weaponlights for Remington 870, Colt M4 and possibly UMP 40
Maxabeam spotlight
Xenonics Nighthunter II
Some other big spotlight that I forget the name

KeeperSD

Enlightened
Streamlight Stinger
4 D Mag
2 D Mag
Surefire weaponlights for Remington 870, Colt M4 and possibly UMP 40
Maxabeam spotlight
Xenonics Nighthunter II
Some other big spotlight that I forget the name

I think the point of the thread was to be a little more specific and actually name lights and agencies

kc2ouf

Newly Enlightened
New York State Office of Mental Health / Staten Island site:
Streamlight Stinger, Magcharger, Dorcy 123 1watts (stored).

greenLED

Flashaholic
I totally forgot mentioning... I don't know if this is official or not, but I see Strions being carried by local OR State Troopers and Corrections Officers I've interacted with.

I wasn't that much into lights when dealing with regular PD, but I'll keep my eyes open for'em.

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Koehler Brightstar is used by the U.S. Dept. of Homeland Security, I'm the one that has filled over a dozen orders at 200 pieces a go.

FBI uses GoLights on their "scene investigation" trucks (the non-driving lights that mount on the roof, sides and rear of the trucks).

harddrive

Enlightened
Victoria Police Force (Australia)

Mag 3D
Mag charger

The Police station I work at has also bought a handfull of small crappy duracell lights that 2 x AA batteries I think. They are meant to be for members to take out when on foot patrols through pubs etc.

This thread may also be of use. All about what lights different LEO's on this forum use and who pays for them: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/148264

Lightraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm. Well, the lights I posted are purchased by a large law enforcement agency that does a lot of work at night in many different environments.

Our guys carry lots of their own private purchase lights, too. Saw one of our SWAT guys packing a Surefire M-4. I imagine that was private purchase.

FoxFury

Newly Enlightened
The Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance, aka CVSA http://www.cvsa.org/, uses versions of our Performance and Command 20 Tactical headlamps for commerical vehicle inspections throughout North America.

Per Arne

Enlightened
Norwegian Police seems to be useing the MagCharger and Maglite 4D / 5D...

The old .38 S&W revolver is to be taken out of service this year and be replaced by 9mm H&K P30...

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Who wants to start the list.....Name the brand and the "group" that adopted it.

Well, didn't think this deserved its own thread, so I'll post it here....

BrightStar 3C Responder model is used by New York City MTA Subway workers. Although the clip is usually not. A big, black, rubberized loop that's attached to the belt is used to hold the light bezel up.

resp3csubmersiblesk0.jpg

ak645

Newly Enlightened
Down here in Broward county,Fla utility workers are issued the cheapest pos plastic 2D lights that money could possibly buy.A few years ago we were issued ROV 2D industrials which were decent hosts for a drop-in.Nowadays even that's considered too good for us.

Andy