List of Flashlight Brands adopted or used by gov agencies or large private groups?

tadbik

Enlightened
Are the Israeli soldiers issued Surefire G2s? I though I read that somewhere about 7 years ago.

I've seen many soldiers with SureFire G2's on their weapons. They are all from Infantry units. I spoke to the importer of the 5.11 Light for Life. He told me he sold a bunch of them to a tank unit. Hope they won't be disappointed!

JNieporte

Enlightened
Newton County (GA) police are currently issued 3DMag LEDs, but they're slowly replacing them with Streamlight Polystinger LEDs.

fresh eddie fresh

Enlightened
If your job is to issue flashlights to a handful of Special Forces members, you can buy quality. If you have to issue a model to about a hundred or more workers . . . the budget gets much tighter. Plus, some folks feel that they are providing a good minimum to the workers. It lights up, output is just enough for most tasks that a worker will encounter, it won't break if dropped a couple of times. Their attitude is that they have provided a minimum that gets the job done. If a worker feels he needs more light or something a bit better in quality, he can spend his own money on it.

I would also think that having a slightly more modest flashlight might prevent theft a little, too.

Back on topic, is the Fulton still being issued to anyone?

ericjohn

Enlightened
Fulton MX-991/U (the angle head flashlight) it has been used by the US Military for years. Standard issue for most of the armed forces.

Also the Fulton MX-993/U (the straight line model) Used by the Air Force, Navy and Coast Guard.

Fulton has made several other Government Issue flashlights, not the best or brightest, but they sure are durable and very rugged.

My local sheriff's office carries one of the Streamlight Xenon models and another police department not too far from me uses a Streamlight Twin Task with laser.

Louisiana State Police use a hard plastic Xenon model (Streamlight Poly Stinger I think) and they also carry a Mag 2 or 3 D Cell flashlight as a backup.

Last edited:

tadbik

Enlightened
You know guys, I was thinking about it. Ever been to a cheesy hotel where the key is a attached to a giant keyring so you can't leave the hotel with the key in your pocket? I think that's why so many police departments love the Magcharger! You can't accidentally/on purpose, slip it into your pocket and in the end you always leave it at the desk!
:lolsign: