List of Flashlight Brands adopted or used by gov agencies or large private groups?

KoiSG

Newly Enlightened
In Singapore our Police Coast Guard carries Surefires in their boats and Surefires were personal issued to our narcotics officers also. We used to have Maglites, portable search lights and even a man pack zenon light that looks like a portable flame thrower(weighs something like 15kgs with the battery pack and light gun):eek:.

Last edited:

KeeperSD

Enlightened
Anyone shed light on this one, just found the pic on the USAF site.

070824-F-8160C-235.jpg

DM51

Flashaholic
That's a UK Mini Q40 (4xAA, twisty). I doubt it's an issue item. From the beam color I would say incan, not the eLED version.

vic2367

Enlightened
Well, didn't think this deserved its own thread, so I'll post it here....

BrightStar 3C Responder model is used by New York City MTA Subway workers. Although the clip is usually not. A big, black, rubberized loop that's attached to the belt is used to hold the light bezel up.

resp3csubmersiblesk0.jpg

monocrom is right,,,those are the lights we use,,,we all hate them though,,,batteries dont last too long,,and heavier than our last issues ones,,

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just came back from six days in the Northern Territory and spoke to a fellow that works for the Federal Police in the Anti-terrorist unit and they are issued the Surefire 6P's.

firelord777

Enlightened
The obvious...the LAPD light, heck they helped design it.

Novatac did a very large order before we got ours, and it seems like military/leo's got a preview... i don't know any confirmation.

I've heard SF 6P's are standard CIA issue.

SF helmet mount lights for our military.

CMG's as already mentioned.

And it seems every LEO at one point or another used a maglite.

Every LEO I see has a different flashlight. Airport LEOs had I believe INOVA's, a Social Security guard had a light that looked alot like an armytek predator, or like that artic laser from wicked lasers, not sure if you guys are familiar with that.

I know I have seen maglite carriers, but they were black lights, so not too sure, given most lights here are black LOL.

JNieporte

Enlightened
My experience...

CMG / Gerber Infinity Ultra was issued in the Army.
Streamlight Scorpion (incandescent) and Inova T4s are issued to the Cincinnati Police.
Pelican M6s are issued to prison guards in Lebanon (Ohio).
Inova T4s and rechargeable Mag LEDs are issued to Hamilton County Sheriff Department.
Hamilton County SWAT uses SureFire 6Ps as handhelds, weapon lights vary.
Surefire M4 was standard issue during OIF (Army).
CIA is issued SureFire 6Ps and Streamlight Scorpion LEDs.
FBI has a choice: SureFire Z2 or SureFire 6P.
The German GSG-9 were all issued Surefire M4s in OIF.
Army LRSUs in OIF were issued Streamlights (forget the model) in addition to the SureFire M4.
DEA uses Pelican M6s.
DHS uses Koehlers, but not sure of the model. I saw one Agent with a Streamlight Polytac LED, but I don't think it was issued.

jeffr5

Newly Enlightened
i know our LEO's here in Windsor Ontario Canada use stream light stinger incan and the officer i talked to had a broken lense look like it had been shot. (he hated it)

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wa police again, most officers are still carrying the issued magchargers, but more and more are carrying the Pelican 7060 too.
I can't remember if there were lights on the tactical response group's M4 rifles.

Either Victorian or NSW police were being issued stream light weapon lights for their new Smith and Wesson M&P pistols
(can't remember which)

I have seen images of French police with polarion PH40 spotlights

tadbik

Enlightened
Israel Police: Magcharger. Special units: Bomb disposal etc. Streamlight Stinger LED

JNieporte

Enlightened
The German infantry that I saw in OIF carried SureFire G2s.
The Italian sniper group all had Pelican M6 LEDs.
NASA is working on a new light just for their astronauts. Some company that starts with an "S"...

Monocrom

Flashaholic
After reading all the posts in this thread, it's safe to say that most use crap as far as flashlights come. How lame.

If your job is to issue flashlights to a handful of Special Forces members, you can buy quality. If you have to issue a model to about a hundred or more workers . . . the budget gets much tighter. Plus, some folks feel that they are providing a good minimum to the workers. It lights up, output is just enough for most tasks that a worker will encounter, it won't break if dropped a couple of times. Their attitude is that they have provided a minimum that gets the job done. If a worker feels he needs more light or something a bit better in quality, he can spend his own money on it.