• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Logan QTC

Death's Head

Enlightened
FWIW, I replaced the small qtc square that came with my logan with a piece I picked up in the marketplace. Now my Logan ramps perfectly from low to high every time. The piece that came with the logan had a hole in it, looks like it was punched with a tiny hole punch. I am guessing the hole is to help keep the qtc centered between the two metal discs. The new piece has no hole, but I am giving it a try anyway, we'll see how it holds up...
From what Bob at em-mgt.com told me, that foam donut is not the QTC but rather just a cushion for the battery to keep from rattling. The QTC apparently is in side the metal and plastic disc.

netprince

Enlightened
From what Bob at em-mgt.com told me, that foam donut is not the QTC but rather just a cushion for the battery to keep from rattling. The QTC apparently is in side the metal and plastic disc.

:) You are correct, I was not talking about the foam donut. I'll admit it did confuse me for a minute or two upon first receiving the light. The QTC is inside the two metal discs which are secured together by the plastic ring.

Death's Head

Enlightened
:) You are correct, I was not talking about the foam donut. I'll admit it did confuse me for a minute or two upon first receiving the light. The QTC is inside the two metal discs which are secured together by the plastic ring.

Gotcha. I didn't know the disc can be taken apart. Good to know.

Curt R

Enlightened
The hole was put in to lower the pressure required to operate the light.
The punched out slug is used in the Eiger QTC pill, also to lower the
operating pressure. We are only working with a few thousands of an
inch between off and full power. If the QTC material is slightly thin than
the full range of adjustment may be limited. There is only 0.015 inches
between off and full on when the two metal disks make contact.

Curt

MKLight

Enlightened
I had the skipping problem, as well. I took the foam donut and the QTC Plastic/Metal contraption out, as well as the inside of the foam donut cut out that was placed in the key ring slot. I cleaned the inside of the SS tube out with alcohol and a Q-Tip. I did the same with the QTC contraption. It works perfectly now. Also, FWIW, I used nano oil on the threads - I don't think it helped or hurt either way, but noticed someone else posted they used it. I usually use stuff I purchased at Radio Shack many years ago. Right now, I'm debating on a SS Eiger lug. From my experience with the Logan SS Key Ring model, I am very happy and feel anyone else will be, too.

Buffalohump

Enlightened
I just got a HAIII version in, thanks to my buddy Death's Head (RMSK dont ship overseas). I dont know what type of beam it is but its plenty floody enough for me. I really like the light. The beam is fantastic. The only niggle is on very low it flickers, so no reading with it. But when you ramp it up slightly the flicker is less noticeable. You just have to be careful in how you twist the head to get the level you want.

duro

Enlightened
I was going to purchase the logan qtc, but then I saw the shipping cost. I'm on a budget and simply can't spend that much on shipping. Such a shame.

AlphaZen

Enlightened
I was going to purchase the logan qtc, but then I saw the shipping cost. I'm on a budget and simply can't spend that much on shipping. Such a shame.
Same thing happened to me. I had it in my cart, but didn't buy once I saw the egregious shipping charge.

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
In hindsight I agree, the shipping costs are ridiculous. I buy from Pila's US distributor and FedEx ground is included in the price no matter how big or small the order. My package came in 3 days from OH to CA, through TN (Main FedEx hub). Look on a map and you'll see what I mean. UPS takes 1 week.

Last edited:

eala

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can always check the marketplace for used peaks. Save on the shipping. There were a couple there last night when I looked.

eala

duro

Enlightened
Yeah, looking for high cri all black ha logan. Hard to come by on the marketplace....