Love my Thrunites!

Globi23

Newly Enlightened
the last light Tn31 u2 was actually right on or even underrated according to selfbuilt and saabluster, so I bet they do put out that much

It will output 3300, like the old one: up to 3000, put out 2700... have a look at the 3rd picture on ebay...

CreeCrazy

Newly Enlightened
Here's the other pic.
8azupe6e.jpg

So my question is how would you get the max 3600 lumens? Freshly charged batteries in the first few minutes of runtime?

Last edited:

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
the last light Tn31 u2 was actually right on or even underrated according to selfbuilt and saabluster, so I bet they do put out that much

No, you have to read Selfbuilt's review to see how he came up with his numbers. The TN31 light is too big to fit in his light sphere. He is estimating the brightness by a ceiling bounce test. He says "As always, take my lumen estimates with a grain of salt." He estimates the light puts out around ~1000 lumens depending on cooling after drop down. He does say "The TN31 is the best throwing and highest output single XML light I've tested to date, May 2012." No doubt the TN31 XML2 is going to be even brighter.

Somebody asked if the light is really going to have 1375 ANSI OTF lumens. No, it is not. That is beyond Cree specifications.

Last edited:

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lets show some love for the Thrunite Archer series too! :) These are the improved neutron series lights that now sport the new XP G2 leds! :) I have a 1A on the way! :)

dusty99

Newly Enlightened
Owning both I have to disagree that the T10 ans L10 are "the same." The L10 (XP-G2; 4-mode) looks better, is more heavily built, way stiffer head and floodier, greenish beam. The T10 has a better hot spot, closer to 5000K color, longer, easier-twisting head (relative to the length of the light), and a noticeably brighter moonlight mode. Overall dimensions are very similar, but build, ease of UI and beam are different.

Last edited:

dusty99

Newly Enlightened
Yes, as was recently pointed out to me by an industry insider, most flashlight stats published by light manufacturers (lumens; beam distance, etc.) aren't actually measured but figured through mathematical formulas.

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Owning both I have to disagree that the T10 ans L10 are "the same." The L10 (XP-G2; 4-mode) looks better, is more heavily built, way stiffer head and floodier, greenish beam. The T10 has a better hot spot, closer to 5000K color, longer, easier-twisting head (relative to the length of the light), and a noticeably brighter moonlight mode. Overall dimensions are very similar, but build, ease of UI and beam are different.

The twisting action on the head of my Thrunite T10 is the best that I have ever experienced in any of the small twisty lights in my collection or anyone else's flashlight collection for that matter.

Damn that green tint again in LEDs!

When are manufacturers going to wake up and listen to the majority of flashlight users that don't like seeing a green tint on everything we point our lights at.

Which of the two lights (L10 & T10) do you like the most?

I prefer the Thrunite T10 that is still fitted with the XP-G LED (R5) rated at 115 lumens OTF
as it has a nicer tint and the hotspot is much better in my opinion.

The latest T10 upgrade is fitted with the XP-G2 LED is now called the Thrunite Saber 1A rated at 169 lumens but I do not have one yet to try it out.

The T10 now hangs on my lanyard around my neck every day now and I have tried using 14500 3.7v Li-ions in it and it increases the lumen output substantially but it gets quite hot very quickly and that is ok if you only use the HIGH mode sparingly like a TURBO mode and use the middle mode as your main high mode for most of the time.

The MOONLIGHT and MEDIUM modes still look good to me when using the 14500 batteries.

I don't recommend using 14500 Li-ions in the Thrunite T10 or any other similar light where the manufacturer has not allowed for that higher voltage in the specifications of the light.

Sure it worked well and if used cautiously then I do not see any problem in doing so.

What would happen if you left the your T10 fitted with 14500 Li-ion batteries installed turned on in HIGH mode tail standing while your mind was on something else.

What if you let someone else use it and they used it on HIGH for too long when they did not understand and were not aware of what could happen when using the higher voltage batteries installed by the owner.

I have not tested those scenarios as I like my T10 too much and the consequences might be an exploding flashlight and or battery.

Then I would be left without my nice little T10 flashlight and maybe some serious harm could be inflicted upon others and myself in trying to run my light like that.

I use Imedion NIMH AA LSD (low self discharge) batteries in my T10 and it throws a generous amount of nicely diffused white light out the front using the very smooth and easily controlled twisty interface whilst giving me a nice amount of run time.

I am not really sure that the T10 needs a pocket clip as I only use my T10 hanging from my lanyard daily but others may like the addition of a pocket clip for their purposes.

I highly recommend the Thrunite T10 as well as the newer TN31 and TN30 lights fitted with the newly released XM-L2 LEDs that allow more lumen output to be achieved than the older version of the lights.

I still have two older TM31 lights and also a Saabluster modded TN31 that is such a great light with a nice Neutral looking beam that makes seeing targets at night so much easier than other lights.

Flooding lights that produce a lot of spill similar to the Skyray Kings that push out nearly 2500 lumens are great but the glare of the spill completely wipes out anything downrange of you.

The TN31 lights were made to be throwing lights with a generous amount of spill that does not wipe out your vision of the target at the end of the beam.

I still have my Saabluster modded TN31 that throws at an average of 240kcd to a distance of 980 metres by proper ANSI standards and it is amazing!

I am waiting patiently for the delivery of my new Saabluster modded TN31mb that throws at an average of 405kcd to a distance of 1273 metres by proper ANSI standards!

I can't wait to try it out as I know what my original Saab modded TN31 can achieve and that is quite amazing already.

The TN31 makes for a great throwing host as Michael (Saabluster) has proved to everyone who likes throwing lights by now but still like a little bit of spill to see where they are walking.

LONG LIVE THE T10 AND THE TN31 FLASHLIGHTS! :party: :thumbsup::clap:

CHEERS

Last edited:

dusty99

Newly Enlightened
Right now I like the T10 better, but I have the L10 w/Nichia on back order, so I'll reserve judgement until I see that one.

CreeCrazy

Newly Enlightened
Just got the new Thrunite T10 Saber 1AA in the mail today with the XP-G2 emitter. It's just barely brighter than the original T10.

Torpedo

Newly Enlightened
Just got the new Thrunite T10 Saber 1AA in the mail today with the XP-G2 emitter. It's just barely brighter than the original T10.

Been looking at that one...is the throw really better than the T10 ?

CreeCrazy

Newly Enlightened
Maybe barely. There's really not much difference at all. Ill try to post some beam shots soon.

Racer

Enlightened
Here's some of my Thrunites. I'm on my third 1C, so I'm not sure if I trust it. One had a switch fail after only a week of ownership, and one failed after a 2 foot drop. At least the seller took care of me, and eventually TN did too, after some prodding.

Thrunites.jpg

CreeCrazy

Newly Enlightened
Yeah Thrunite does seem to be a pretty respectable company when it comes to warranty issues. I had an issue with a TN31 and they shipped me a new one. Also it took an unusually long time to receive my latest delivery from them Saber 1A( over a month) but they provided me with the tracking info and was ready to ship out another if it took any longer. They normally respond to E-mails within a day 2 at the most.

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a few ThruNites: Ti, T10, and a T30. All are modded in some way: the Ti is moonlight only; the T10 has a pocket clip; and the T30 now has an XP-G2 which makes this light a thrower.

i have an L10 219 and the only reason it hasn't replaced the T10 as my back pocket EDC is because of the lack of a pocket clip. Output on high is about the same as the T10, but, it's got one more mode between moonlight and medium. Medium on the L10 is slightly higher than the T10 medium. They're both really nice lights.