• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Lucy--a Luce de Notte Custom Build

RocketTomato

Enlightened
Man, I am glad we have people paid to keep an eye out for almost certainly harmless glowing things. Whew!
I am so mad at myself for passing when I had the chance!!

Tritium is regulated because it is used in nuclear weapons. It's like fertilizer or cough medicine: if someone is hoarding large quantities, they are probably up to no good.

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Fred, did you show the officer the Luce's?? You could have gotten a huge discount on that license...:devil:

Perhaps dangling one of those emerald doted Ti killers could have done the trick also :whistle:

Anyway ..
RAT :xyxgun:

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually, he did see a Luce--my wife's. And on a subsequent call, he even admitted that some people in his office were impressed with the lights on my website. I offered to give them a deal on some Luce de Nottes. :devil:

ledaholic

Enlightened
You may not be able to sell them, but you might be able to give them as a gift with a cheap way overpriced flashlight! :paypal:

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can sell the Luce de Notte bodies, I just can't buy, install and sell the Tritium spheres or vials. But if you were to buy a Trit sphere for your own use and install it yourself, that's up to you.

J Smyth

Newly Enlightened
Well I have admired Fred's Luce for a while now. Since I already had my own 15mm Tritium Sphere in stock I asked Fred if he wouldnt mind making me a body for it. I wanted something different than the norm and asked if he could just put a reflector on both sides with the sphere in the middle. :D I had it made in a Titanium Chassis with only straight line grooves. Well the body showed up and I just mounted the Tritium Sphere in there.

I will let the pictures do the rest of the talking.............Thanks again Fred! :twothumbs

luce1.jpg

luce2.jpg

luce3.jpg

ehallspqr

Newly Enlightened
Very nice. The Ti is the way to go. Is Fred going to be building (self-installed) Trit sphere holders for all those that got spheres from Bart's latest order? He mentioned it in the past.