Lumens Factory E-series bodies

Mark@LF

Enlightened
Thank you Mark! I haven't had the chance to post some of the awesome products I received but will follow up soon!

For many members, in regards to trying to accommodate different lengths of the cells, the problem is that the original e-series is based specifically for standardized CR123 cells with no positive spring on the light engine. This creates a lot of limitations as we now have varying lengths of 18350 cells (not to mention 18500 and 18650 cells), e-to-c heads with positive springs on the light engines, tail caps with varying internals with different spring lengths, etc.

To date, the only true compatibility is the thread sizing (even the thread lengths differ, e.g. E2T-MV head, edcl1-t tail, etc).

I think we've come a long way into modifying the existing E-series line, thanks to members like Mark who continue to develop parts per request. I feel lucky with a simple fact that we now have a production part that can accommodate 18mm cells with e-head e-tail.

Kudos again to you Mark!

Thank you for your continued support, euroken. :)
I still have many things in the works, just don't seem to have enough time for everything. LOL.

The most important thing for me now is to solve that HA3 Natural issue, my new supplier's samples came out well.
So if the production lot turns out to be good, I can at least put that problem to rest.

Cheers.

Mark

Mark@LF

Enlightened
Mark, I had no idea you had done that, that is so cool. I just had to have some of those, and needed some more IMR-E2's as well for reserve, so I put an order in. I have an old E2D-BK Defender with the original version unreliable clicky switch that desperately needs this upgrade. I would really like to see an 85% scaled E series type III HA Natural version of an SW01 for the E-series in the future. They are much more common and would probably see more sales. I think it would be worth producing, a lot of people would like it for their E-series lights. I have plenty of E-series bodies I would love to put a scaled down SW01 style switch on with a McClicky. I would like a twisty version though too.

You might consider the "bakers hat" medium or SW01 "skinny" version as well, but I think most of us prefer the fatty or the bakers hat. The biggest attraction to me of the SW01 fatty aside from the looks is the ability to manipulate it well with gloves in cold weather. I think that's somewhat where the original design purpose came from.

Hi Ampdude,

Yes, I am making the HA3 Natural version of the SW01 for the E Series in the near future.
I am planning to put tritium slots in them (which was the original plan), so the HA3 Natural version will probably have those.
I might phase out the current version when the tritium slotted version is released.

A twisty version is a possibility, I'll see if the twisty internals that we have fit or not.

The "bakers hat" (Slim) and SW01 "Skinny" (UM00) will be released soon in the C/P format, I will look into shrinking them down for the E Series.
Thank you for the suggestion.

Yes, I think the ability to manipulate the tailcap with gloves on was the original intention of the SW01's design.

Thank you for the order and continued support.

Cheers.

Mark

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool, I like everything you mentioned, but I would prefer the HA-NAT without the tritium slots. Just my personal preference if you happen to do a small run of those for E. I'll have to take a look at the tritium ones as well, though I prefer my flashlights to be "tactical" :) so nothing on them that would give me away like tritium or glotube type stuff. I like to be a ninja sometimes.

Mark@LF

Enlightened
Cool, I like everything you mentioned, but I would prefer the HA-NAT without the tritium slots. Just my personal preference if you happen to do a small run of those for E. I'll have to take a look at the tritium ones as well, though I prefer my flashlights to be "tactical" :) so nothing on them that would give me away like tritium or glotube type stuff. I like to be a ninja sometimes.

I am happy to hear that you liked the upcoming items.
They will not be the same thing the Surefire has tho, the "Bakers Hat" (Slim) will have Tritium slots added and will use the McClicky switch with a copper retainer.
The "Skinny" (UM00) will also have Tritium slots added and will use a full copper plunger momentary switch with Beryllium Copper springs and silicone Switch Boots.
I don't want them to be the exact same thing as an existing item, so I want to do what I can to add a bit of twist or favour to them. :)

I think I will make a small run of the plain E Series SW01 in HA3 Natural since you mention it.
If the reception is good, maybe I'll keep it in production along side the Tritium slotted version.

Cheers.

Mark

yclo

Flashaholic*
51100537232_ef9437351f_c.jpg

51100985018_d47fea28f1_c.jpg

Perfect for a slim 18350 triple and only a tiny bit bigger than the pocket rocket!

Mark@LF

Enlightened
Perfect for a slim 18350 triple and only a tiny bit bigger than the pocket rocket!

Wow looking real sweet, YC.
Did you mod the Smoothie head yourself?
That E2 looks awesome as well.

Been a long time since we last met, maybe stop by the workshop when you have the time.

Cheers.

Mark

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks in large part to this thread I've received some new LF parts this morning. I've had some Lumens Factory TailCap internals and lamps before but this is my first time trying out external components and putting a whole light together.

I'm really very impressed and I'm looking forward to trying out some more options in the not too distant future!

litBjQa.jpg

This is the E2P body, E series SW01 and P60-E head running the HO-4. Between the machining of the body and the shape of the TailCap this is probably the grippiest light I've ever used, it feels very secure in hand!

2N0oiTL.jpg

I also "upgraded" (not sure that's the right work going from LED to incan!) my E1B to run the LF HO-E1R. As you can tell from all of the wear on it, the original E1B has seen a lot of use over the c. 12 years since I bought it, but it doesn't play well with rechargeables so it was time to change it up. The smaller size is nice, too.

llOJrYA.jpg

Finally a quick comparison of a few E series TailCaps.

Thanks for your help with this order, Mark. As you can see from both of these being incandescent I'm something of a dinosaur so it's great to have these options still being supported. Being able to put together a new incan light in 2021 is great fun!

Mark@LF

Enlightened
Thanks in large part to this thread I've received some new LF parts this morning. I've had some Lumens Factory TailCap internals and lamps before but this is my first time trying out external components and putting a whole light together.

I'm really very impressed and I'm looking forward to trying out some more options in the not too distant future!

Finally a quick comparison of a few E series TailCaps.

Thanks for your help with this order, Mark. As you can see from both of these being incandescent I'm something of a dinosaur so it's great to have these options still being supported. Being able to put together a new incan light in 2021 is great fun!

Thank you for your continued support, Tempest_UK.
Putting together an incan in 2021 is definitely fun, a lot of us over at the incandescent sub-forum will probably agree that you have actually "upgraded" that old E1B to an incan. :D

Cheers.

Mark

ma tumba

Flashlight Enthusiast
Never been a fan of the full size sw01 tailcaps but these downscaled versions look really nice!

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mark, I was PM'ing a fellow forum member about his lost E2O. He just has the head and burned out lamp, lost the body and tailcap. I was recommending your replacement parts and I noticed that you don't exactly offer an MN02 type lamp assembly. For some reason I thought the 50 lumen one was, but then as I was looking I saw and remembered that it was a 3.6V lamp. Just a suggestion, but it might be nice to offer an E2O replacement in the line-up. Something 6V in the 40-50 lumen range. I'm not sure it would be a big seller, but might fill in a gap there if you have the opportunity to make some at some point.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 on this. That was a great bulb with great runtime.

I still use them in a couple lights all the time. I actually have a good stash of them and I've never burned one out. I even have a couple old E2e's configured with the long pocket clip. One is a little more used and has a Z57, I carry it pretty often. I don't carry any actual E2O's, they're too much of collector items these days. Especially the two flats body version.

Mark@LF

Enlightened
Mark, I was PM'ing a fellow forum member about his lost E2O. He just has the head and burned out lamp, lost the body and tailcap. I was recommending your replacement parts and I noticed that you don't exactly offer an MN02 type lamp assembly. For some reason I thought the 50 lumen one was, but then as I was looking I saw and remembered that it was a 3.6V lamp. Just a suggestion, but it might be nice to offer an E2O replacement in the line-up. Something 6V in the 40-50 lumen range. I'm not sure it would be a big seller, but might fill in a gap there if you have the opportunity to make some at some point.

Hi Ampdude,

Thank you for recommending our products to him, I am grateful for the kind gesture. :)

Unfortunately, developing a new incandescent lamp is next to impossible nowadays in 2021.
Incandescent sales is a fraction of a fraction of what it once was and we are struggling even to keep the incandescent line-up available.
We will do our best keep the incandescent line-up available, but making a new model is not possible with the limited resource at hand and the already small and continuously diminishing market.

Cheers.

Mark

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mark, finally got to the parts I ordered. Thank you for the extras. You read my mind, the "mystery item" is exactly what I was looking for! When I get a chance I'll be removing the McClicky and installing that. For the time being it will remain McClicky though. This E2D came with the original (unreliable) version of the scalloped Z68. This is definitely a huge improvement. :cool: Definitely will like some of these in HA twisty to make some cold weather friendly E2's/E2e's.