Surefire E Series Heads

Two questions for the community:

Is there a consolidated listing of the all the codes and that they mean for E series heads? For example, I'm able to decipher a KE2G is meant for a two cell setup due to the "2." But what about the other letters? Like a KE2D-B vs a KE2D-A? Seems the D indicates a Defender head, but what about the A and B?

Also, I'm looking to buy a single mode E-series head from Lumens Factory to hopefully work with my EDCL2-T body and gas pedal switch. I see two different voltage ranges for each variation of a head: 2.7-4.5V vs 3.7-9V. Would either of these work with the gas pedal switch? Perhaps @Mark@LF might be able to chime in?

Thank you!

hamhanded

Enlightened
I've tested a 2.7-4.5v lumens factory E drop-in and it does not work with a gas pedal tailcap (the drop in regulates it so it has only one mode). I also asked mark about special ordering one with no regulator but he mentioned he could not offer that.

I'd also be interested to hear if it's possible now.

Last edited:
I see what you mean about the regulator as it'll negate the effect of the resistor. I guess the head need to be offered as a separate version to make the gas pedal operation possible.

Still looking for a master list of head codes…

Mark@LF

Enlightened
Our Single mode LED Head Units (both 2.7-4.5V and 3.7-9V) will not work with the gas pedal switch on the EDCL1-T or EDCL2-T.
When used on these lights, it will operate as Single mode lights and not the 2 stage.

It is quite weird to me as our Single mode LED Head Units will work on the older L1, L2 and LX2 as 2 stage with the gas pedal switch on those lights.

It just doesn't work with the current EDCL1-T and EDCL2-T lights.