Lummi LED Pens & New Product.

Tim W

Enlightened
...where i work the FAA mandates ALL hand written paperwork be in black ink...

Yeah, I used to work in a hospital that had the same rule.:(

I'm a stubborn SOB and pressed for the reason.:whistle: When shown they were wrong, policy changed.:twothumbs

BUT, seeing as how you're talking about a .gov agency that would probably only make them MORE determined to dictate what color you can use.:shrug::poke::shrug:

Tim

PS: one example - you are asked for input on something that has been faxed to your office. You write in blue and your comments will be easier to spot by others since the text on the fax will be black.
Not the greatest explanation, but I haven't had enough coffee yet this morning.

Now back to semi-patiently waiting for all the new Lummi products.

Last edited:

kashmir

Newly Enlightened
:paypal: Rob -you can send the lummi pen along with the raw alu I ordered to save on shipping.

Thanks kashmir

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anybody know if the pens have started shipping yet?

wolfstyle

The Pens have not started shipping yet. I hope to receive them within the next 7 working Days. Then they will begin shipping. :thanks:

So far there have been just enough Pens sold to cover my costs... Unfortunately so far the idea to generate enough to fund the NP is not possible. The response has been good & I really appreciate the support from many of my customers. :thanks:
I will have enough Pens to continue to sell them for however long. So if we do get anywhere near to reaching everybody who has ever purchased from Lummi & beyond, Funding for the NP may still come from the Pens or another source.

cnw4002

Newly Enlightened
Have you ever though about peer to peer lending to get some startup money for new products? Maybe one or more of the rich guys that can spend hundreds of dollars, pounds or whatever on lights good give new products a good start with a little cash infusion to be paid back with a guarantee of first chance at new products. What kind of new products might we be talking about, hint, hint.

cnw4002

Newly Enlightened
Have you ever though about peer to peer lending to get some startup money for new products? Maybe one or more of the rich guys that can spend hundreds of dollars, pounds or whatever on lights good give new products a good start with a little cash infusion to be paid back with a guarantee of first chance at new products. What kind of new products might we be talking about, hint, hint.

Being retired on a fixed income probably wouldn't allow me much of a chance but there must be some people here that would be happy to jump on the opportunity.

I am just hoping that you will bring back the Raw for the CR2 primary batteries so I can get another.

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Back Before the Fliklite went into production (Perhaps 7-8 years ago) I asked 3 wealthy chaps if they would invest in my product. As it turned out I explored many options & I went with a company called EFX for the FL. This was a big learning curve & I am not sure I would go down that route again, But glad of what was manufactured & sold. After that I still had no money behind me but what money I did have I put into The Orb. With the help of CPF & it's members + experience gained with EFX with the FL I managed to get a product into production on my own. Since then I have continued with Lummi & Produced numerous products over the last few years. Which has essentially converted my hobby into a business. I am in a funny position at the moment as I enjoy the benefits of being a small sole trader. However I do strive to put more new idea's into production which is difficult on your own with very little backing. I am exploring new ways to move forwards all the time. Right from the start there has been no sitting back, it's a continuos push to keep every thing fresh & interesting.
I do realize how fortunate I am to be able to put my ideas into production & then there to be the desire of the customers to purchase them. Which of course with out the customers there would be no Lummi.
There are new products coming from Me Rob Lummi this year with you the customers as support. :thanks:
Interesting to find out if financial backing would improve the Lummi Business & new ventures.

Yes there will be a Lummi Raw that runs of PRCR2 or CR2 within the next few months.
:thumbsup:

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
:wave: All. The Lummi Pens are in.
All the packaging up & dispatching will be done this week.
I will post a note on the lummi blog & here to confirm dispatch to all :thanks:
Plenty more available.
100_5008.jpg

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Come on guys, only £5 including delivery. It has to be the least expensive flashlight to carry the Lummi badge yet :crackup:

Plus, you get 5 LED related goodies to play with, and first refusal on the New Project.

Empyfree

Enlightened
Just wondered if you managed to get these in the post Rob? I leave the country on wednesday morning (for four months!) and don't want to miss the excitement!

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
:paypal: Sounds like a cool idea. I like your upfront approach to getting funds, and I'm sure you'll get plenty of support here.

Oh, and the website looks great.

Last edited:

herbicide

Newly Enlightened
My pen and little envelope of LEDs just arrived.:twothumbs

Has anyone else's arrived yet?

Thanks!

PS: any info on the LEDs?

Hodsta

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine arrived also - just in time for my birthday, thanks Rob much appreciated.:thumbsup:

The light has a surprising amount of throw for its size and I like the tactical slide based UI. However, be aware that the machining and finish are acceptable but are not up top the high standard we have come to expect from Rob. Any one know what driver this uses?:p:rolleyes:

Last edited:

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any one know what driver this uses?:p:rolleyes:

The same ultra-reliable driver as used in all the other Lummi light, i.e. direct drive!

I will have to wait for my pen. I am using it as a smokescreen to sneak a second Raw Ti into the household. Going for the 5-trit version this time. This is going to be more of a collectors' piece for me, whilst my current Raw Ti 1-trit is my EDC.

Hodsta - HAPPY BIRTHDAY:p

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
My pen and little envelope of LEDs just arrived.:twothumbs

Has anyone else's arrived yet?

Thanks!

PS: any info on the LEDs?

Cool, Yes Posted all the UK Pens yesterday & all the international will be posted tomorrow.
5mm LEDs are left over from various sample packs over the years. Amazing how many accumulated. Most of them are Uniroyal.. I know I thought they made car tire's..

:thanks: for the continued support guys :thumbsup:

:crackup: :thumbsup: Hodsta

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
All Lummi Pens that have been Paid for have dispatched today.
:thanks: to all for the support. Plenty more pens available ready for immediate posting.