Lummi LED Pens & New Product.

Mark A.

Newly Enlightened
Rob,

I don't have the abilities to create this myself, but perhaps someone can create a new thread with their Lummi pens in action, sort of like the picture thread(s) of Raws Around the World.

Perhaps proud owners / Lummi supporters could post images of things they have signed with their Lummi pens, such as large checks, mortages, new car purchases, marriage licenses, mechanical drawings, patents, ect.

Might be a fun thing to see & read.

Just an idea...........

Mark A.

TECENG

Newly Enlightened
Got my Lummi PL yesterday (PLastic :naughty:). The pen is cool, everyone at the office calls me a flashlight geek more often now!

Mark A.

Newly Enlightened
I received my pens today in Massachusetts and they are in fact cool. As Rob previously stated, they are of decent quality for the money.

The blue ink cartridge writes well and should be easily replaceable when needed with some from an office supply store, and the color could be changed if desired at that time as well.

The batteries are also standard LR41 or 392s, and are easliy changeable.
The pen throws enough light to be useful.

These may make nice gifts for friends and the cost is certainly affordable.
I plan to make these Lummi pens available to coworkers, and I am certain I will be ordering more. I hope you order some as well.

Regards,

Mark A.

080528jk

Banned
Deleted as I could not understand a single word.... :crazy:
:thanks: for the heads up Dulridge :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yay for Lummi pens. just got mine in the mail today. also appreciate the 5 extra LEDs. cant wait to find out the NP!!!

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Come on guys, let's look at the clues here.

It is not a LED torch / Flashlight but it is of interest to a flashaholic. The retail cost will be below £15 each.
NP requires tooling costs which is why I am trying to generate the funds with this method.

Think about what this could mean. Obviously it requires new tools which probably indicates that this is not going to be produced on a computer-controlled lathe, as the regular products are. Think carefully of all the flashaholic goodies out there that are not made on a lathe that it could be.

It looks like Rob is being very tight-lipped on this one though. I think the only way we are going to find out what the NP is will be to buy more Lummi pens until the required funds are generated. Do you know anyone who might appreciate a Lummi pen? If so, get them one, and you will be one step closer to finding out what the NP is.

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
It would be nice to have Rob update this thread... It has been a LOOOOONG time.

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
:wave: Mike :thanks: & :twothumbs

No real update the same as when I posted this:
So far there have been just enough Pens sold to cover my costs... Unfortunately so far the idea to generate enough to fund the NP is not possible. The response has been good & I really appreciate the support from many of my customers.
I will have enough Pens to continue to sell them for however long. So if we do get anywhere near to reaching everybody who has ever purchased from Lummi & beyond, Funding for the NP may still come from the Pens or another source.

I would still like to produce the NP. The Pens I thought were a good idea & no harm done other than I may of got a few hopes up of something new sooner than possible.
If I had sold 1000 pens then the NP would of materialized.
The fact is we have sold about 150 pens which covers the costs but did not produce any real profit.

So to sum up, I still have the Idea & quite a few pens but no funds at this present time to get the tooling produced. & again BIG :thanks: to all for there support :twothumbs

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Aha! So you needed to sell 1000 pens, of which 150 were to cover cost of pens. That leaves 850 x £4.50 (less 50p postage) = £3825!

Google> "Machine-Mart £3825"

Search results....

:crackup:

Last edited:

applevision

Flashlight Enthusiast
I almost got one... I know it sounds dopey, but I wish there was a little bit of info about the pen on the site.

Perhaps giving us the slightest hint about the new project could help stimulate this economy? :poke:

Last edited:

applevision

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hehe, approximate information...

Length: 15cms
Power Output: 5 lumens
Construction: impact resistant plastic
Switch: slide switch
Power: 3x button cells

Thank you! As soon as I get my wee, I am going to place an order for another pill AND a PEN! (Quick question while on that topic: should I do 50 or 25 lumens for my next driver? I am getting the 100 with the light but now worry that because the runtime is relatively low, that I won't be as apt to use it... Hmm... a true catch-22!)

Okay, now I may have missed this, but is there any info on the new project to get us really excited? (Please point me in the right direction if I've missed it)... Somewhere I saw an image of a ring with a light--what an interesting project that would be! :huh: