M@g SST-50 Drop-In Sales Thread

Navistar

Newly Enlightened
Re: Mag SST-50 Drop-In Sales Thread

I love the drop in. Does anyone know how to tell if it is 45K or 65K. I ordered the 65K but it looks like a really warm tint to me.:thinking: Are there markings or codes on it? This is a real high quality unit, a perfect compliment to my high end mag.
oct060002.jpg

oct060003.jpg

oct060001.jpg

stoli67

Enlightened

Wow...very nice....now why would C work better than D??.....is it because there are 4cells versus 3cells to power the module?. Mean each battery outputs the same power but because u can fit 4c size battery, it gives it a better advantage??.. If that is the case then in my situation, ill need to get 5c batteries cuz i have a 4D host..... Your help has been and wil continue to be greatly appreciated!!! :-D

Did you have to cut the spring to get the tail cap back on???

Andrew

stoli67

Enlightened

Ah cheers... that would work better than the little spring that I found it home!

I will try to find a C cell spring...

Kingslasher

Newly Enlightened

I'd love to get a SST-50 drop in at 4500K and a glass lens if they are still available. PM sent.

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast

I love the drop in. Does anyone know how to tell if it is 45K or 65K. I ordered the 65K but it looks like a really warm tint to me.:thinking: Are there markings or codes on it? This is a real high quality unit, a perfect compliment to my high end mag.

If you look around the back of the drop-in right outside the delrin post that goes into the switch housing there will be either a "4" or "6".

Mac

AR_Shorty

Enlightened

oct060002.jpg

oct060003.jpg

oct060001.jpg

Wow! Where can I get one of those crenulated bezels? :drool:

Barrie

Enlightened

the aluminum foil is not a good thing
it has ruined my reflector with 2 weeks in transit it has broken up
i had a good look today at my reflector scratch marks and metallic dust far from the professional custom job i Though i was paying for
Mac i will pm you

edit i corresponded with Mac i except the explanation given

Last edited:

hobbydad

Newly Enlightened

Quick question, will this drop in work in a similar fashion with a new LED Maglight? I have several new 3D LED Maglights, and I would like to try one of your drop ins. They have a "D" in the serial number, but I wanted to ask first. I did disassemble the switch, and remove the led. It looks like it would be ok, but I know the newer Mag leds have different dimensions than the original incandesents. Wasn't sure if there was enough space/threads for this to fit. Thanks in advance!

AsianAnts

Newly Enlightened

Mac,

Finally home. Watched your video and installed the module. QUICK AND SIMPLE! Great upgrade from the incan bulb and would purchase another however .....
broke.gif
haha.

At first when I opened the box that it came in, I was like
help.gif
is this right? It was taped onto the box. HAHa, everything came in fine though. Sorry about the shot not being as clear or great, its my camera phone. I'm gonna take apart the head and clean the lense and reflectors with microfiber cloth because I saw some dusts and debris on the reflector. Thanks Mac for the quick shipping and great product!

-AnTz

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

stoli67

Enlightened

I got it into my 3D mag led OK after removal of the led.... switch out for that though!

Andrew

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast

Mac,

Finally home. Watched your video and installed the module. QUICK AND SIMPLE! Great upgrade from the incan bulb and would purchase another however .....
broke.gif
haha.

At first when I opened the box that it came in, I was like
help.gif
is this right? It was taped onto the box. HAHa, everything came in fine though. Sorry about the shot not being as clear or great, its my camera phone. I'm gonna take apart the head and clean the lense and reflectors with microfiber cloth because I saw some dusts and debris on the reflector. Thanks Mac for the quick shipping and great product!

-AnTz

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I'm glad you received it OK but I would not recommend touching the reflector. The current Fraen reflectors coatings are far from perfect as you noticed but work very well the the SST-50 for a very smooth beam.

Mac

Cpt. Thomas

Newly Enlightened

My drop in arrived today, THANKS MAC! This is a beauty :thumbsup:
Any chance of a smooth "thrower" reflector version?
Or even a SST-90 :hitit:

James

Tumor

Newly Enlightened

BoraFloat Glass Lens

paypal sent!

(Unique Transaction ID #0FR33423SK484203B)

Just got mine 10-21, its wonderful thanks!

Last edited:

beam24

Newly Enlightened

can anyone post some beam shots ? im looking for a tight beam and a great thrower

beam24

Newly Enlightened

Thanks Mac great item u have here though