Mag SST-50 & SST-90 heatsinks

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do not have an SST-90 heatsink in the works now but should soon. Currently these will be bare unless there in enough interest to make anodizing worth it. It cost me around $100 per lot so unless I have a demand for 50 heatsinks anodizing would significantly raise the price.

I soldered the wires to the middle of the led pads then bent them at a 90 degree angle then thermally epoxied the led to the heatsink. You just need to make sure the (+) lead is not grounded to the heatsink.

Mac

netprince

Enlightened
Sorry I didn't specify, I'm interested in one for the SST-90 emitter, D-size mag. :drool:

No hurry... :popcorn:

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
I'll take the glowy prototype! :D I have no LED's or drivers right now........ only some stock D mags. :(

Last edited:

sadtimes

Enlightened
I'm interested in one for the SST-90 emitter, D-size mag, with glow! lol

Any idea on when the 90's would be ready to ship?

Last edited:

Fulgeo

Enlightened
I would be interested in one or two heatsinks for a SST-50 emitter in a D size Mag. On my wish list would be a heatsink that could be adjusted in the tube of the flashlight so one could change the height to match it to available aspherical lenses. I used another crafter's P7 heatsink for my over driven Cree R2 to good effect. I filed down the lip of the heatsink so I could adjust the height. I used non-conductive thermal epoxy to glue it into the desired position once I figured out the optimum placement for the specific lens I was matching it up with. The extra aluminum in the P7 heatsink really helped with the cooling as a side benefit. You prototype looks very beefy so I am sure it will do the trick, just pining away for adjustability. Nice work!

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would be interested in one or two heatsinks for a SST-50 emitter in a D size Mag. On my wish list would be a heatsink that could be adjusted in the tube of the flashlight so one could change the height to match it to available aspherical lenses. I used another crafter's P7 heatsink for my over driven Cree R2 to good effect. I filed down the lip of the heatsink so I could adjust the height. I used non-conductive thermal epoxy to glue it into the desired position once I figured out the optimum placement for the specific lens I was matching it up with. The extra aluminum in the P7 heatsink really helped with the cooling as a side benefit. You prototype looks very beefy so I am sure it will do the trick, just pining away for adjustability. Nice work!

If you want a few without a lip that's not a problem I can turn the lip off before shipping.

Thanks Mac

Fulgeo

Enlightened
If you want a few without a lip that's not a problem I can turn the lip off before shipping.

Thanks Mac

That would work. I could thread a screw or two into the tube of the Mag body to hold her in place.:D Put me down for two! Thanks in advance!

javiole

Newly Enlightened
interesting stuff!!
I'm doing a different mod but your heatsink would suit very well what i need with just a little modification. If it is easy for you, would you make one which would have the top flat, i.e. without pedestal or holes? very simple, just like a round bar that fit into the magbody with the lips at the top?

Please, let me know if that is possible.

cheers

Norm

Retired Administrator
Any chance of supplying sst-50 mounted as shown in your prototype, it looks so professional?
Norm

JamisonM

Enlightened

Thanks Mac
I'm interested in having one done the very same way. What are the dimensions of these heatsinks? I'm planing on using a hipCC with a homemade copper heatsink made from a piece of copper pipe.