Magic Fire 40W HID 4000-Lumen 4x18650 HID Flashlight

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mohan thank you for the information and beamshots , must say the magic scorpion is better than what i expected and it really have very good throw for a $180 flashlight . It is clear that the Polarion(50 Watt) has more throw and alot more spill , but yes the magic scorpion(40 Watt) seems to be great value for money . How is the fit and finish on the magic scorpion .

The fit and Finnish is very good for a light of this calibre. It feels solid and well built. It however doesn't compare to something like the Jil Lite Eznite that I was admiring again - it is such a beautiful design.

Picture by Patriot

be511534.jpg

Last edited:

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I apologize if I missed it, but does anyone have any idea of the current draw on that series of 18650s?

Wilkey

At startup it approx 4.6amps surge but soon levels off at less than 3amps - the 2.8amps it draws on steady - the AW 3.1amps 186500 should not struggle on this draw and last 1 hour.

Video to show this

Last edited:

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
At startup it approx 4.6amps surge but soon levels off at less than 3amps - the 2.8amps it draws on steady - the AW 3.1amps 186500 should not struggle on this draw and last 1 hour.
Brilliant! Thank you for that info. You go above and beyond.

Wilkey

So, I guess the next question is...who's in for a group buy? :D I am half serious as this seems an exceptional bargain.

Last edited:

[email protected]

Newly Enlightened

Hi guys, that small reflector inside is called collimated light. What it does is to focus a hot spot around few degrees (2 to 5 degrees) as compared to the Uncollimated light which normally higher like 15 to 30 degrees.

So in actual use you'll see a bright spot in the beam. So that's why it's important to build a reflector base on the bulb of the hid to get maximum performance and throw. If the reflector is designed wrongly then the beam will not have a perfect throw.

This scorpion light looks like 5 degrees collimated reflector. Hope this helps guys.

That's the spot you have marked in red on your pic below. Looks like a reflector inside a reflector... Not sure if that's the best way to do a reflector but... It doesn't look like the pic they have posted on the sale site if that's what we are seeing and not just a reflection. The return wire also looks modified more and closer to bulb in sales pic.

Mohan Pic
2399d66c-1.jpg

Sale Pic
111125152358601fbee38ed793_resize-1.jpg

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
The fit and Finnish is very good for a light of this calibre. It feels solid and well built. It however doesn't compare to something like the Jil Lite Eznite that I was admiring again - it is such a beautiful design.

be511534.jpg

I remember taking that picture! Still have my EZnite which was my 2nd one and previously BVH's.

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Patriot
Sorry if I did not acknowlege (didnt know it was yours) - I was sent the pictures during a purchase. I am more than happy to take it off.

I have 2 eznites and I should really go and take some pictures of them. I have both a 10w and 14W and I expected the 10W to be 'weak' compared to the 14W. However the 10W is really bright, throws well. I was going to modify it with a 14W ballast but I think it is just ''fine' as it is. The 14W I use with 4 RCR123's and the 10W with x3 RCR123's

Have you done any mods on yours ?

I have purchased a the Jil Lite Kydex holster which fits well on the belt. There is also a Rechargable battery pack for sale. See no advantage really so have not bothered with this.

Sorry gone off topic...

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
Patriot
Sorry if I did not acknowlege (didnt know it was yours) - I was sent the pictures during a purchase. I am more than happy to take it off.

Of course it's no problem Mohan. Please feel free to use it any way or anywhere you'd like. Kinda nice to see my "artwork" being passed around. :)

No mods to mine but I do run it on 4 x rechargeables. I was never even aware that they offered a 14W version already built, unless that was a mod... but I think that's really neat.

We might continue the rest by PM though.

Wildlands

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered one. I accidentally ordered the 5000k version, as that was the default color specified on the radio button. I emailed them back to request a 4300k bulb on it. We'll see how that goes. I asked for EMS shipping, and hopefully, it will get to the US and to Maine by next week.

I have a Stanley HID that is about the only light I can use for a comparison. I'll try it against a Fandyfire 3xml, and a Thrunight V2 SST-50, but as LEDs they aren't quite the best comparisons.

Thanks for all the great posts, and comments. I wouldn't have seen this, and if I had, I might not have bought it without all the bright minds here talking about, speculating, buying and evaluating this beast.

EDIT: And WOW, they replied to my email (middle of the night????!!) and noted my change request was accepted, and it would ship tomorrow. Got a good feeling here, guys...

Glenn7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can someone do a lux reading at one meter? It would be interesting.
Though not as small but runs on 4x 18650 as well, I have a Elektrolumens SAR coming and it's pulling 160.000 + lux at one meter - I'm hoping it will give this a run for its money.

too bad i just bought a ebay 85w hid, i always postpone ordering things but when i should still have waited a lil' more :p

Patriot

Flashaholic
I have a Elektrolumens SAR coming and it's pulling 160.000 + lux at one meter - I'm hoping it will give this a run for its money.

I'm speculating that the Magic Fire will be 130,000 - 150,000 lux with that smooth reflector.

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got mine on the way! :cool: I haven't been this excited about a new light in a long time. Looks like a helluva bang for the buck.

Last edited:

stollman

Enlightened
Wildands...

As of "now", the details of the GB are still being determined on the Marketplace thread for this light.

FYI.