Maglite 6C/D , / 7C/D , how many people still love these lights????

FILIPPO

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have look for a 7C/D for a good time now but never found one ... That's too bad! Any good deal on ebay now??

stienke

Enlightened
I have look for a 7C/D for a good time now but never found one ... That's too bad! Any good deal on ebay now??

You have to look every day on the Marketplace and Ebay , 7C's cost about 350 dollar and a 7D around 450! , terrible prices but you have to pay it if you want one!

FILIPPO

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow that's definitely a lot of mony... If only i could find some extenders ... I have a 6D waitin to be trasformed in a poor man's 7D!!! These lights are fantastics... Pieces of history!

fastbarry

Newly Enlightened
Hey Filippo,
There is a seller on Ebay with the extenders you want. There are 1D and 2D cell extenders. I suspect that when these are sold they will not be available again.
Auction number for the 2D is 390575636949. You can search for that and then look at the sellers other items to find the 1D.

I got my 7D quite recently for way less than the $450 mentioned above. I think I was lucky though.

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
These extenders are actually an AWESOME idea. I want to get one for a 3D Mag with which I am using a Malkoff XM-L2 drop-in. That way, I can run it with four cells for those times when I want a brighter light and three cells for those times when I want a smaller light and longer runtime. But they would work really well for a 6D as well. And they aren't too expensive - around $20 for either 1D or 2D.

mesa232323

Enlightened
I'd love to see someone just connect a bunch of extenders together to have a huge light stick. I'm talking 16D. A good size walking or hiking stick is 4 foot :stupid:

FILIPPO

Flashlight Enthusiast
What about a 6c?? I think the price on those shuold be a little bit lower.. isn't it?

Dark Laser

Newly Enlightened
Of course it is ... found mine on ebay for ~40€. It has a few scratches and needed a bit of sanding due to leaked batteries, though.
Now it waits to get enlightened (-> Osram IRC, if anyone has tips for me, especially regarding the switch - I'd be glad to hear ;))

FILIPPO

Flashlight Enthusiast
I' m looking to buy one of these.. the others are too expensive to be used and abused and i don't want to put it on a shelf collecting dust!
Happy to see you managed to find your light ... in UE they are very diffcult to find..and from the USA you have to pay something like 30 $ for shipping costs!!!

For the IRC mod you'll have to upgrade the switch with a kiu high temp one.. or better replace the whole switch assembly (stock is good at 10A max i think)..

Edit: if you plan to use 26650s they sould just fit fine .. older mags have higher internal diameter than newer ones!

Last edited:

stienke

Enlightened
What about a 6c?? I think the price on those shuold be a little bit lower.. isn't it?
I have sold several 6C's to the USA for about 100/120 dollar , it seems in the states they are all gone , in Europe they are also hard to find (new almost impossible) , I called almost every store in the Netherlands and nobody could sell me a 6C , on the internet the same story , glad I have two new in package for the future!

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maglite doesn't make anymore lights bigger as 3C/D , so same story , get these lights before it's almost impossible to get a new one!
who told you that???
they still make 2-6D inc. and 2-4c inc.

Dark Laser

Newly Enlightened
I agree with you... But maybe in a not too far future they'll stop making this big and bad boys ... That's sad!
Well, let's hope that the big lights get still bought by law enforcement officers etc. ... they are just perfect for certain - let's call it "tasks" :twak: :rolleyes:

Want to know what is sad? A small shop in one of the next bigger towns around here (yes, here in Germany) has a few Maglites for sale. So my brother had a look in there and discovered an old display stand for seven C- and seven D-cell lights; each seventh place left empty. He found out that the last 7D they sold went away a week before he was there for 45€. Now try to keep calm :shakehead

Edit: if you plan to use 26650s they sould just fit fine .. older mags have higher internal diameter than newer ones!

Would be nice, though I tend to use 18650s (IMR) for lower cost ... IIRC, my 6C has an inner diameter of 26.0mm. Either I measured wrong or it could be a very tight fit. Well, there is still the possibility to buy a brake hone.

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would be nice, though I tend to use 18650s (IMR) for lower cost ... IIRC, my 6C has an inner diameter of 26.0mm. Either I measured wrong or it could be a very tight fit. Well, there is still the possibility to buy a brake hone.

As the other guy said, old Mags (no C in serial number ) have the advantage that a 26650 will fit without modification. But newer ones will generally require that you increase the diameter of the bore in order for a 26650 to fit. I myself would prefer to use a 26650 vs an 18650. Capacity is higher. And you can generally draw a larger current from a 26650, which makes it better for a hotwire. In addition, if you want to go LiFePO4, the capacity difference between an 18650 and 26650 is MUCH greater than for Li-Co.

FILIPPO

Flashlight Enthusiast
my 6C has an inner diameter of 26.0mm. Either I measured wrong or it could be a very tight fit. Well, there is still the possibility to buy a brake hone.

just check for the C in front of the Serial No.

if it's a new one i'd skip the boring process using 18650 to preserve the light from any permanent mod!

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
brake hones work but they are pita, the stones get cloged with soft aluminium and don't work, you have to clean them too often, slow speed helps, but it is still slow.

xo1tech

Newly Enlightened
I purchased 2 RED 7D's in early 1981 off of a Snap On tool truck. Snap On has always been proud of their stuff.
The 7D's were $99.95 each. I gave one away and still have the other.

The serial # of the one I currently have is 70013706. Does anyone know how to break down the serial numbers, or are they just sequential production numbers?

FILIPPO

Flashlight Enthusiast
I purchased 2 RED 7D's in early 1981 off of a Snap On tool truck. Snap On has always been proud of their stuff.
The 7D's were $99.95 each. I gave one away and still have the other.

The serial # of the one I currently have is 70013706. Does anyone know how to break down the serial numbers, or are they just sequential production numbers?

email the serial no. To mag lite and they will tel you the exact year of production but i don't think you'll learn much more than that!