Maglite finally goes dual power!

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Need it?
Darn this CPF!
I just ordered a Blue ML25LT 2C cell with the mag charger power bank adapter.

Please tell me I needed this light, right?
Need it? Eh, sure why not? It's a good value being a very durable and easy to operate flashlight that puts out a beam which appears a lot brighter than the numbers suggest.
They used to come with C cells in the package that can be set aside for emergency times when recharging isn't an option. They may not anymore.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
My first rechargable battery kit by Maglite arrived two days early. The kit comes in a plastic bag and the sleeve itself is actually pretty basic in that it may work in other 2C flashlights besides Maglite. The top post of the adapter seems to float freely up and down some but when the battery is inserted it becomes spring tensioned.
8ECEB4C1-32F2-4261-8910-C19D2054FA74.jpeg

The adapter itself fits snug in the ML25 I tried it in and when the tailcap is removed the battery comes out easy and the adapter stays put. It comes out easy enough but fits snug. Yet the adapter seems to allow the possibility of other brands of battery to fit too.

The battery has a USB C charger port at the top and a voltage remaining checker/rest button. I like that a lot.
34D4CBA6-C683-4F2E-9DED-82F147A4AB78.jpeg

941D6E3A-59F2-4F85-B6C5-0CD41722C771.jpeg

I also liked the little caps at both ends for storage.
C8F652A0-2AD7-4876-932B-9DC5825BAB0C.jpeg

Between the cord, the adapters included with the battery and sleeve I'm ok with the price. Hopefully there'll be a point in time where only the sleeve can be purchased though. Or a sleeve and battery without the cords.

Poppy

Flashaholic
I looked up the datasheet for a cree XPL (I don't know if it is an XPL in the light, but it is a small die emitter).

If I am reading the datasheet correctly, it appears to me that an XPL @ 3 volts will draw 2.5 amps, and deliver 800-900 lumens. Since this light is rated at 200 lumens, it must be drawing only 0.5 amps @ 2.68 volts.

hsa

Enlightened
.5 sounds about right but Mag states (usually) that their products are optimized for use with alkaline batteries. That's quite a different chemistry than Lithium Ion. For a light designed to run on a single cr 123 we are often cautioned not to use a 16340.
I don't know but it makes me wonder.

Dicaeopolis

Enlightened
I bought a Maglite ML50L at a local hardware store a few years back. It is 3 modes. I can't tell the difference between the high and the medium. Has anyone else noticed this or is it just my light? Maybe they are close enough together that my eyes can't distinguish. i see a drop when I go down to eco mode. On my 300L I cant notice 3 distinct changes.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad to see Mag is getting into 18650's.

The 18650 cell looks pretty neat with the USB C charging, little green fuel gage lights and most of all, the Maglite wrapper!

A heads up on Mag's adapter - there is no reverse polarity protection, so be real careful not to put the 18650 in backwards, or you will likely fry your light!

Latest posts