Maglite XL200

robostudent5000

Enlightened
Maybe Maglite LED enthusiasts should have their own sub-forum so that Mag LED haters would be discouraged from driving by and taking random shots on every Mag LED related thread. Members should be able to post about lights they like without having to defend themselves all the time. It feels like you guys get persecuted worse than everybody. (I count myself among the guilty.)

Last edited:

ringzero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe Maglite LED enthusiasts should have their own sub-forum so that Mag LED haters would be discouraged from driving by and taking random shots on every Mag LED related thread. Members should be able to post about lights they like without having to defend themselves all the time. It feels like you guys get persecuted worse than everybody. (I count myself among the guilty.)

Not really necessary.

It's good that the haters post so forthrightly on Mag threads.

Readers of nearly any Mag thread can read the charming little screeds of the haters, then decide for themselves. Obvious haters are usually self defeating.

robostudent5000

Enlightened
whatever... maybe it's just me.

i mean, i think it'd be nice if the haters could actually contribute something instead of complaining about the same things over and over. it's not like the plastic lenses and the 3xAAA and whatnot aren't known issues. those complaints don't really contribute anything to the threads other than a mood of unpleasantness.

i guess i just think it'd be nicer if the haters could be more constructive. (i guess myself included.)

Last edited:

NWLumenoob

Newly Enlightened
Do any of you know when this light will actually be available for purchase, or even acknowledged on Mag's website?

Also: If anybody hates the fact that I like my 2AA LED Mag, feel free to gift me a better light. I can set up an Amazon wish list or something.

Knives&Lights

Newly Enlightened
Any way you look at it, Maglite is stepping in the right direction and all you fellow U.S. citizens please lets not forget it is Made in the USA. Being a flashoholic I carry a P60 size host with a Nailbender XM-L drop in and AW 18650 battery. Anytime a friend or coworker see the output they become interested. Then I mention the total cost and fact that it uses expensive CR123 or Rechargables and they are quickly turned off. SO, I could gift my friends $59 Chinese made flashlights that have WOW factor brightness and eat expensive 123s OR I can buy them a new XL200 that still impresses and uses AAAs. I guess my point is that Maglites have their place. If I remember right the upcoming MiniMag LED is going to be 170 lumens also but around $35 dollars. A 170 lumen $35 MiniMag would make a excellent 2011 X-mas gift, hope it's out soon.

ringzero

Flashlight Enthusiast
i mean, i think it'd be nice if the haters could actually contribute something instead of complaining about the same things over and over. it's not like the plastic lenses and the 3xAAA and whatnot aren't known issues. those complaints don't really contribute anything to the threads other than a mood of unpleasantness.

Yeah, I agree that the haters do contribute a mood of unplesantness to many CPF threads.

But hey, whadaya expect? This is the internet, and haters are common on most internet forums.

Haters you encounter on all types of enthusiast forums tend to be rather ignorant of the topic overall, and they often know almost nothing about the particular item they are bashing.

If you think CPF is bad, try reading some of the Knife forums and Gun forums to get a little perspective on haters. ;>

ringzero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anytime a friend or coworker see the output they become interested. Then I mention the total cost and fact that it uses expensive CR123 or Rechargables and they are quickly turned off. SO, I could gift my friends $59 Chinese made flashlights that have WOW factor brightness and eat expensive 123s OR I can buy them a new XL200 that still impresses and uses AAAs.

Exactly right.

When people ask me to recommend a good light, generally I'm not going to tell them to order something on the internet. Especially not a light that uses CR123 cells.

I tell them to go to Lowes and grab a Mag 2D or XL50. Both of these are "HUGE bang for your buck" lights that I know will meet their illumination needs and use easily available cells. I always mention that Lowes stocks Surefire and Led Lenser lights, but so far nobody I know has bought those more expensive brands.

Besides those two Mag models, another great "bang for your buck" light looks to be the new two level Inova X1 available at Target for 20 bucks. Don't have one yet, but the CPF reviews are good and it looks unbeatable for its price. I plan to grab one the next time I can get into Target.

WriteAway

Newly Enlightened
Each flashlight brand has its' own customer niche and performance capabilities. My Maglites (2D Xenon incan, XL50 and Solitare) fit my needs quite well. If others don't like Mags, I really don't care. I also own a SureFire 6P incan, a Pelican SuperSabre light, a Streamlight Stylus and other lights. No brand is perfect, and I've certainly gotten my money's worth from my Mags.

hiluxxulih

Enlightened
Well i just ordered a Maglite XL200 from Amazon now I want a Minimag Pro flashlight now , come on September .

NWLumenoob

Newly Enlightened
hiluxxulih, did you receive your light already? I saw that Amazon offers that XL200 but it's from a 3rd party, and when I did a simple web search for the third party's name, I saw nothing but customer complaints. The squeaky wheel gets oiled so maybe it's no big deal and those were one time things. Anyway, I hope you received your light and would love to hear about how it works out for you!

hiluxxulih

Enlightened
I received an Email saying the light has shipped with a delivery date of July 22 to August 8 from W Coyote outdoors .

hiluxxulih

Enlightened
I just recieved my Maglite XL200 and she is bright :thumbsup: the next lights I buy are going to be a few Minimag Pro series when they come out , shipping for XL200 was two days .

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad you like your XL200! I was demonstrating my XL200 today, and it was fun to watch people's reactions to the Nite Lite mode. :D

hiluxxulih

Enlightened
Glad you like your XL200! I was demonstrating my XL200 today, and it was fun to watch people's reactions to the Nite Lite mode. :D
Ya that nightlight mode is pretty slick , I think I figured out a new camping game , picking up an XL series light in Nite light mode without it going to bright , when are the new MiniMag Pro lights coming out I want to get a few of those now ?

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not going to go too off topic, but the Mini Maglite Pro is still a little ways off, and ANSI results show 200+ lumens.

lasermax

Newly Enlightened
Its good to see mag is slowly but surely catching up i aim and always will own mags no matter what

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
According to maglite they're already in stores now.

:crackup:
No, customer service is usually not up-to-date on the latest information. If it is already in stores, I would've gotten my review sample already.

Are these going to be available at Home Depot or Lowe's?
Probably not, since the XL200 is intended for the sporting goods market. I've been told that stores such as Bass Pro will carry it.