• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Mako Flood Run - A Titanium, Two-Stage, AAA-Based Flashlight

Kestrel

Flashaholic
Kestrel: It's not a requirement to post your interest here to reserve a light. As for not being posted on the website, I have no plans to add it in. The last batch of Makos wasn't there, neither are my old CR2 Ion and Nautilus - I am not making this a long term standard product for it to be worth the time to design a new page around when it would be taken down in a matter of days. In the interest of full disclosure I did keep five of the 75 lights to do something with later, but didn't really see a need to have to make specific mention of this until your post...
Sorry to trouble you with my (idle curiosity) post last night, some CPFers are always wondering what proportion of specialty lights are sold on CPF vs. the real world (lol), that's all. :tinfoil:

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kestrel: No trouble at all. Text is a poor medium for communication and if I misinterpreted your meaning I apologize for being unnecessarily prickly. ;)

exquzmwa: No worries, I know that's not your intent. :) I was just saying that I don't want to introduce any unnecessary complication - if someone decides to "sell their spot", as it were, now I need to keep track of it having been sold to someone, and make sure they're contacted even though they hadn't purchased something from me, etc. It makes things more error prone.

If you didn't get in on the reservations there will be a small opportunity after the run, after which point the secondary market will be your best bet.

Thanks folks!

Enrique

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Everyone,

Just a short note: At this point in time I'm waiting on the machined parts to be completed and arrive here for assembly - I'm hoping for that to be completed here within the next 2-3 weeks. I'll post again once the parts arrive, and include a few pictures, etc. then, but until that then there will be few (if any) updates.

I'll keep you all posted!

Enrique

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Everyone,

Word from the machine shop today is that they're expecting to complete machining late next week, which means the parts should be arriving the week after that. I'll post a few pictures when they arrive. :)

Enrique

JMP

Enlightened
Thanks for the update!

Hello Everyone,

Word from the machine shop today is that they're expecting to complete machining late next week, which means the parts should be arriving the week after that. I'll post a few pictures when they arrive. :)

Enrique

moeman

Enlightened
Hi Enrique,
Thanks for the update!
I sent you an email on the 25th concerning the Aeon deal, haven't heard anything back, wanted to make sure you got it.
Thanks,
Chris

BarryH

Enlightened
Please confirm my Aeon order as well please. I sent payment for it on the 11th and an email the next day but also haven't heard anything back. I know you build them to order so just want to make sure you have got mine in the works.

Thanks,
Barry

yiyans

Newly Enlightened
Enrique

Well, I didn't get in on the reservation list so if there is a Mako available at the end

I'd love to have one

Thanks!

nbp

Flashaholic
Machined parts are supposed to come in this week, right? Let's see those girls when they arrive! :hitit:

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
nbp: Late this week or early next, depending on how fast UPS is. The machine shop has wrapped on the work and shipped the machined parts out today, and they were kind enough to take some photos for me prior to boxing.

6832466833_0f5f65f309.jpg

6832535621_fe881f2961.jpg

I'll be taking some more pictures myself once they arrive here, and I'll keep you posted on the completion of the project. It looks like we should be beating "before the end of March" pretty handily. :) Of minor note is that the threads on these lights have not been bead blasted like on the first run a few years ago, so there is something to distinguish the new from the old (in addition to the flood beam, of course. :) )

Any outstanding Aeon orders will be taken care of this week, a new batch has been completed and will be shipping shortly.

Take care folks.

Enrique

JMP

Enlightened
looks great in the pic! Thanks for the update. I'm very excited for this little light. btw, what size is the trit slot?

Last edited:

fyrstormer

Banned
I realize this is probably outside the original design spec, but it would be awfully nice if the driver and emitter could be removed so the emitter could be upgraded in the future. 5mm LEDs may not be at the forefront of development anymore, but some people might want colored or UV emitters, and small improvements in efficiency in future emitters may be worth it for some people to upgrade their Makos. (makoes?)

A two-mode 1xAAA keychain light with a titanium shell and an upgradable emitter would basically be the pinnacle of keychain lights.

In case the driver isn't held in-place using a snap-ring: is it possible to hold the driver and emitter in-place using a friction-fit, as is the case with newer McGizmo Sapphires, instead of using epoxy or some other permanent adhesive? I would be willing to accept less-than-perfect durability in exchange for that.

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
looks great in the pic! Thanks for the update. I'm very excited for this little light. btw, what size is the trit slot?

+1

Would like to order a trit now so that I'm ready for my Mako, but need to know the size.

nbp

Flashaholic
Thanks Enrique, those look gorgeous. :eek:oo: I'm excited! I've never tritted a light before, but this seems like a good candidate.

hank

Flashlight Enthusiast
> order a trit now so that I'm ready
I've never felt the need of one before, but this time I'm interested in doing that too.
If someone can point to details needed, or a group buy, or whatever -- that'd be helpful.

nein166

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bart has them and I have had good luck ordering from him in the past. His packaging is psychedelic too just as one would expect from a toxic administrator from the Netherlands.
Psychedelic? I seem to remember a pepsi bottle cap stuffed with cotton 4 years ago whats different now? Mushrooms?

Latest posts