Malkoff M31

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
From what is posted so far, Im gaining more interest in the M31 series. I would really rather have a M31WLL for the runtime on AA cells. Anybody know if one of these in in the works or not?

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually this sounds interesting! Didn't know about this body! :)

On 2AA it's very bright but very thirsty as you can see. But to put into perspective, getting that kind of lumens from one CR123A cells is impressive, and equally impressive from 2 NiMH cells and in that context, 45 minutes from one CR123A and 1:15 or so from 2xAA is very respectable. Seems to be the brightest 2xAA lite I have ever seen.

Re: FiveMega 2xC body with M31 - that should be an interesting experiment but I am committed to the 18650 / CR123A platform and have no real reason to change it.

Last edited:

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
So you get a long tail that reminds of you Gerber Infinity Ultra with its 3-5 lumens. Might be useful in a TSHTF situation.

sgt253

Enlightened
Would anyone know the dimensions of the lens included with the VME head? I was thinking an upgrade might be in order. Thanks in advance.

FrankW438

Newly Enlightened
7.5 hours the light was as bright as tritium, I concluded the test. :crazy:

You have more patience than I have! Thanks for doing this for us. To summarize, 40 to 45 minutes of regulated output, and then a loooong gradual drop-off? Which brand primary did you use?

I just received my M31 yesterday. Hoping to do some of my own "testing" tonight with a local CPFer.

Thanks again, PSM!

-- Frank

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
You have more patience than I have! Thanks for doing this for us. To summarize, 40 to 45 minutes of regulated output, and then a loooong gradual drop-off? Which brand primary did you use?

I just received my M31 yesterday. Hoping to do some of my own "testing" tonight with a local CPFer.

Thanks again, PSM!

-- Frank

Brand new surefire CR123

I'm thinking I want to trade my M31 for a M31L. Anyone intrested, shoot me a PM. :)

mfrey

Enlightened
On a slightly different topic, has anyone taken the chance and empirically confirmed that 2 NiZn cells are okay for long-term use with the M31?

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brand new surefire CR123

I'm thinking I want to trade my M31 for a M31L. Anyone intrested, shoot me a PM. :)

I think you are going to regret it -- where else can you find such a pocket rocket based on 2AA or 1x123. It the brightest 2AA you can get and the runtime is not bad in the context of other choices. Really, 45 minutes from 1 tiny 123 cell is exceptional.
Just bring lots of spares...

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
I think you are going to regret it -- where else can you find such a pocket rocket based on 2AA or 1x123. It the brightest 2AA you can get and the runtime is not bad in the context of other choices. Really, 45 minutes from 1 tiny 123 cell is exceptional.
Just bring lots of spares...

Yeah youre right, the M31 is sweeeeeeeeeet. :thumbsup: