fyrstormer

Banned
Man, I'm glad I got this ~
imag0658k.jpg
That I like. How is Townie to ride?

I have these:

CIMG3787.jpg

CIMG5244.jpg

The blue one is my first adult bike, bought in high school with grocery-bagging money, 14 years old and every single part has been replaced now. The red one is new -- and all-wheel drive. :devil:

Thanks fyrstomer,

The Townie is a great ride, very responsive and I love the upright position. Being 55 a Boardwalk bike suites me fine. If you visit the bicycle thread, you will see the Townie I fell in love with. I think it's on the last page of the thread. It's the white customized unit. I B diggin it the most!!

Still having your first Big Boy Bike after 14 years is way cool! If I was you, I'd never let it go. Just replace/upgrade what you need to. I don't understand how your red bike is all-wheel drive, please provide better pictures, and more information.

Hope you have a great weekend,

~ Chance

Last edited:

Bigpal

Enlightened
Now that I think of it, I rarely use my PC, except for major apps, like Maya and Photoshop. I use the iPad most of all.

When I first got it, I didn't think I'd ever have a need for an oversized iPhone. It just didn't seem to fill any need. Now, it's my most used thing I have - more than my phone or tv. It simplifies almost everything work/play oriented.

fyrstormer

Banned
That's the one. They were in-production from 2001 to 2011. I ordered one of the last frames in late 2011, and built it using proceeds from the sale of my Cool Fall Tri-V. (when I realized I could pay for ALL the parts using money from selling the Tri-V, I gained a whole new appreciation for just how inflated my expectations of prices had become since I became a full-on flashaholic.)

I recently saw the last production model at auction on eBay for a ridiculous $20,000. Now the company is focused on building AWD motorcycles for the US Army. Man, I'm glad I got that while I still could. Should be fun in the snow this winter.

Last edited:

Gravediggaz

Newly Enlightened
What Are Your Best Recent Purchases? That Was Worth Every Penny

What are some of the best things you have bought the last few weeks, months, or years that still pay off TODAY.

I'm talking about things that have continued to be useful as ever or things that are just extremely fun even through time.

for me

Wolverine DuraShocks boots.....they have been the best work boots I have ever had super comfy and tough!

image_71264.jpg

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: What Are Your Best Recent Purchases? That Was Worth Every Penny

McGizmo BB warm mule.
CRK small Sebenza
My favorite EDC to date.

Flashlight Enthusiast

-Ecco Sirius Military boots
-Michelin XIce XI2
-Xtar Chargers
-1999 4runner Limited (bought new in 1998)
-Litespeed Tellico
-MTB shoes (Specialized and Lake winter boots) = anything with BOA lacing system
-Pur faucet filters
-Dyson vac
-3M grip tape
-Echo PB500T backpack blower
-Echo srm-230
-Lorex security camera system

worth every penny

vpr5703

Newly Enlightened

2011 Ford Fusion
Olight M21X
Asus TF300T Tablet

weez82

Enlightened

1995 GEO Metro. Purchased for $350 in 2005. Spent maybe $600 on maintenance (all the basic stuff) over the years. Had 50K miles when I got it, now over 120K and still going strong. The car is ugly but it gets me to work. And the truth is, I've been waiting for the car to die on me so I can get a new one but she wont give in, lol. I dont think I'll ever find a deal like that again.

Ridgid 36'' Professional Aluminum Landscape Rake. I wanted one for years but wouldn't spend the money. $45 for a rake? No way! Received some birthday money from the inlaws and off to Home Depot I went. I've never regretted it.

18'' Paint Roller Tray & Roller Handel. I don't use them that often, but when I do......worth every penny.

Refurbished iPad 2, purchased from Apple. It came with a new back cover, and factory warranty. Instant FanBoy.

Malkoff MD2 with high/low switch sporting a Nichia 219. I love the versatility and tint.

Every Japanese Maple I've ever bought. 23 :whistle: They're my only weakness.......besides beer.

~ Chance

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast

New Balance MR790... the most comfortable shoes I've had in a looong time.

Victorinox Pioneer, bought new in 1982 and still going strong.

2005 VW Passat 4motion wagon.

Breyer's Natural Vanilla ice Cream... always good for you... as a mood enhancer.

RBR

Enlightened

Last edited:

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast

didnt eat all day before oral surgery, so after that, on the way home, I stopped and bought a tub of cozy shack rice pudding. Man! glad I got that. ;)

Latest posts